Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:34:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Charity stream hosted to spite transphobic tosser Graham Linehan [split topic]

Started by worldsgreatestsinner, January 20, 2019, 01:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

phantom_power

Bob's Not Bernice Even If He Has Long Hair
Mermaids' Daughter
The Comedy Writer's Fear of The Trangender
An Adult Female Human of the World

DrGreggles

NoSleep

Panbaams

"The Frog Prince (Yes?)"

Quote from: DrGreggles on July 12, 2019, 11:24:29 AM
Or, more pointedly:

'Everybody Knows (Except You)'

Quite. Also: "Bad Ambassador".

Flouncer

Blue Jam

Blue Jam

Ornlu

Blue Jam

Ornlu

Cuellar

[Take my] Dick [,cut it off and] Burn [it and I still won't be a lady]

zomgmouse

Bad Ambassador

Famous Mortimer

he

Quote from: mippy on July 11, 2019, 07:51:58 PM
You'd think he'd take a break to express sorrow over Brendan Grace, no?

Quote from: bigfatheart on July 11, 2019, 08:13:48 PM
He doesn't like that episode, does he? On the Ted commentaries he goes on about how the character of Fintan Stack just doesn't work, and it's too menacing to be funny, etc.

Oh, for the days when that was his wrongest opinion.

Holy shit this thread will age badly.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Alberon on July 11, 2019, 11:15:52 PM
Maybe he's keeping away from his ongoing crusade to protect women because the backers of his Pope Ted musical are getting nervous.

If this is the case, which is very possible, whatever shuts him up is good... but I thought his analogy was that if you didn't say anything while the holocaust was going on, your cowardly silence meant complicity. But if it affects his bank balance...

McFlymo

I do still quite hope he dies very soon, though.

The Pope Ted musical thing, though. Ugh. No thanks. Sad to think Neil Hannon will be involved, I always thought he was a very nice chap and a great songwriter.

Anyone want to form a band called The Disturbed Zealots?

Quote from: Blue Jam on July 12, 2019, 01:06:23 PM
Becoming Less Like Alfie

Actual lol'd all over my house at 3am!

Jockice

A couple of days ago I met the first ever female to male trans I've ever (knowingly) met in my life. I wouldn't have known except that he mentioned it in a conversation. Nice chap. I've still only ever met about half a dozen in the other direction, so I really can't see hordes of them erasing lesbians or whatever it is they're meant to be doing.

Dr Rock

My Terfy fried was posting about the erasing lesbians thing the other day. I can't see what the fuck they are going on about.

canadagoose

Quote from: Dr Rock on July 14, 2019, 11:38:04 AM
My Terfy fried was posting about the erasing lesbians thing the other day. I can't see what the fuck they are going on about.
God only knows. It seems to depend on the person. Did you ask for clarification?

Dr Rock

No I don't respond to her terfy posts very often. She knows how I feel, and she's good otherwise supporting Corbyn and other left-wing stuff. I tried to get her to watch Contra Points but I don't think she did.

canadagoose

Quote from: Dr Rock on July 14, 2019, 11:52:01 AM
No I don't respond to her terfy posts very often. She knows how I feel, and she's good otherwise supporting Corbyn and other left-wing stuff. I tried to get her to watch Contra Points but I don't think she did.
Probably wise. I'm often just curious as to their internal logic, although I don't interact with them much (never goes well).

Dr Rock

Exactly, you don't get any sense. Maybe should've posted this

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2018/12/19/lesbian-publications-transphobia-letter/

QuoteTop lesbian media outlets have come together to publish an open letter condemning transphobia in the lesbian community.

Editors and publishers from five leading lesbian publications—including Diva, Autostraddle and Curve—signed the letter condemning "vitriolic attacks" on the trans community by "so-called lesbian publications" and distanced themselves from the actions of lesbian trans-exclusionary radical feminists (TERFs).

"Following further vitriolic attacks on trans people in our media, the world's leading publications for lesbians are coming together to send an unapologetic message of support and solidarity to the trans community," the letter reads.

"DIVA, Curve, Autostraddle, LOTL, Tagg and Lez Spread The Word believe that trans women are women and that trans people belong in our community. We do not think supporting trans women erases our lesbian identities; rather we are enriched by trans friends and lovers, parents, children, colleagues and siblings."

Dr Rock

canadagoose

Flouncer

Quote from: Dr Rock on July 14, 2019, 11:38:04 AM

You use the blue end of one of these, and you have to rub very hard indeed.

canadagoose