Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 09:10:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Charity stream hosted to spite transphobic tosser Graham Linehan [split topic]

Started by worldsgreatestsinner, January 20, 2019, 01:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funcrusher

Quote from: phantom_power on February 04, 2019, 07:54:03 AM
It also ruins the theory that transgenderism is misogynist. If male to female trans is "wrong" then why isn't female to male? It is the same concept but doesn't fit their reasons for being against trans activism, as they say they are rather than transphobic which is what they are

I believe the notion is that female to male is caused by internalised misogyny. But then if society devalues women so much, why would anyone want to transition from male to female?

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Mister Six on February 04, 2019, 02:03:22 AM
I mean, yeah? If I really fancied a woman and she had all the relevant bits, and then I found out she was transgender and was put off... I mean, that's pretty much precisely the definition of transphobia isn't it? If you're put off by someone because they're transgender...

EDIT: But you still shouldn't feel pressure or face abuse because if your own sexual desires (or lack of) or be forced to engage in sex acts that you're not into.

People's sexual preferences are their own. Short of illegality. You can fancy women born women and that's fine. Seems obvious to me.

Funcrusher

Quote from: Mister Six on February 04, 2019, 02:03:22 AM
I mean, yeah? If I really fancied a woman and she had all the relevant bits, and then I found out she was transgender and was put off... I mean, that's pretty much precisely the definition of transphobia isn't it? If you're put off by someone because they're transgender...

EDIT: But you still shouldn't feel pressure or face abuse because if your own sexual desires (or lack of) or be forced to engage in sex acts that you're not into.

You shouldn't feel pressure or face abuse, but your actions are 'precisely the definition of transphobia'.

canadagoose

Well, if nobody else here is going to date trans women, I guess that's all the more for the likes of me to consider dating? One positive at least.

Jockice

As someone with perfectly ordinary (oh so incredibly ordinary) genitals who has spent vast periods of his life having nobody wanting to shag him I think there is a bit of 'wah, I'm so hideous, why can't I get my end away?' stuff going on there. Which isn't the best way to convince someone to sleep with you.

Hey, was I an incel? More like a couldn'treallybebotheredeitherwaycel.

Cuellar

Yeah, I think you're going to get arseholes who try and pressure you into sex whatever gender they are. Compare and contrast a man calling a woman who won't sleep with him a 'lezzer'.

Cuellar

beginning to think that this guy might actually be a brain fried zealot and not joking but i dunno let's keep endlessly having this conversation

jobotic

On this PC I can't see what Brendan O'Liddle has to say, and yet...I know exactly what it says.

zomgmouse

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on February 04, 2019, 11:54:07 AM

*chef's kiss*

A real chef could not have concocted a finer icing on the cake of pure excrement that has already been sprayed so vehemently from the raging sphincter of this man's mouth anus. Oh my flipping goddddd.

Funcrusher

that's the weird thing, he still uses all the woke online vocabulary in these hot takes. he tries to use 'performatively woke' as an insult against his critics but yet he's one of the most performatively woke people on twitter

Barry Admin

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on February 04, 2019, 12:00:46 PM
beginning to think that this guy might actually be a brain fried zealot and not joking but i dunno let's keep endlessly having this conversation

I know, right? Although it would appear slightly less ambiguous if you provided the context of what he was replying to.

Particularly interesting that he posted the guys photo to his followers, purely to mock the way he looks.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Glinner/status/1092367686783455232

The right side of history, there.

Cuellar

Quote from: Barry Admin on February 04, 2019, 12:47:53 PM
I know, right? Although it would appear slightly less ambiguous if you provided the context of what he was replying to.

TBF to MV, he did.

Barry Admin

Sorry, I didn't see the follow up post at all until you referenced it. Edit: although it was made because people thought it was a joke without the context, so uh yeah.

that's what I assumed you meant, that I should have provided context initially rather than afterwards. i tend to think that the context of everything he's ever said on this issue over the course of a year should probably be enough by now

Mister Six

Quote from: Funcrusher on February 04, 2019, 08:33:41 AM
You shouldn't feel pressure or face abuse, but your actions are 'precisely the definition of transphobia'.

I'm glad we agree! And in such similar language, too.

Quote from: Barry Admin on February 04, 2019, 12:47:53 PM
Particularly interesting that he posted the guys photo to his followers, purely to mock the way he looks.

Bit of a glass house situation there, to be honest.

madhair60

As he resembles the titular protagonist Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame, yeah.

bgmnts

What if it was all leading up to this. All his comedy work.

Just so he can spout of all this shit hears later and hide behind "he's just joking, he's a comedy writee you know its all ironic" if it all goes to pot.

That would be amazing, if Father Ted and the IT Crowd were motivated by transphobia.

Twed

There's an episode of Portrait Artist of the Year where somebody paints Pauline McLynn (Mrs. Doyle) and for some really fucking weird reason she ends up looking like Linehan:

The guy ended up storming out of the competition after he didn't get voted best at painting, compounding the notion that it was a tribute to Linehan.

Mister Six

PlanktonSideburns

Thursday

Quote from: Mister Six on February 04, 2019, 05:33:49 PM

I mean for Glinner, not you. I don't know what you look like.

Neil looks exactly like Graham Linehan you insensitive arsehole.