Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:10:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Charity stream hosted to spite transphobic tosser Graham Linehan [split topic]

Started by worldsgreatestsinner, January 20, 2019, 01:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Twed

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: robotam on February 03, 2019, 01:36:27 PM
I mean a lot of Seinfeld is them not wanting to go out with someone they really like because they are lunch skippers, scarf wearers, loud pissers etc.

And we idolise the Seinfeld gang or something, I forgot my point.

Well the show did end with them all going to jail for their horrible antisocial behaviour.

tomasrojo

This is probably very stupid or already said, but does this remind anyone of a previous time Linehan didn't like criticism of his work (perceived criticism in an interview on BBC Radio 4 of his then-still-in-progress theatrical adaptation of The Ladykillers) and went on to sublimate his unhappiness into a righteous crusade (against the way current-affairs interviews are needlessly binary and adversarial).

Obviously, that was more short-lived, sort of had a point, and didn't end with him endlessly tweeting weird and hateful nonsense for months on end.

ToneLa

Quote from: Avril Lavigne on February 04, 2019, 09:31:48 PM
Well the show did end with them all going to jail for their horrible antisocial behaviour.

ASBOs for Seinfeld
sounds like a fucking concept album
Note: nobody nick this, I could use the inspiration

Looked on Linehan's twitter again today, so yada yada yada posted derogatory shite about his views in HS Art. Funny how things develop

Barry Admin

This is dodgy:

https://mobile.twitter.com/GodzillaMindset/status/1093132041766559744

See also Linehans earlier reply to someone asking if the account he is citing is real, rather than a parody:

Quote from: LinehanI've asked this before and been told it's not [a parody]. Even if it were, as you and I know it reflects what's going on

Absolutely shameless, anything to rile up his followers against trans people. I'm disgusted with the man.

Note also that Stonewall disavowed them, despite Linehan citing them as a "Stonewall advisor" when he referenced them at Xmas time. So there's already doubt been shed on this account when Linehan retweeted their dodgy looking shit before, and they have been proven to be lying, yet Linehan is again citing them to back up his stance. And if it is false? Well, then it's the old Stewart Lee routine about David Cameron and Russell Brand... it may not be true, but...

Barry Admin

He knows full well that's a fucking troll.

Edit: and this is the sort of mindset he's cultivating and reinforcing with his non-stop propaganda:

Quote from: one of Linehans followersThe truth always comes out in the end. Just confirms what we already know. TRAs are sexist & misogynistic. They support rapists & child abusers over the rights & safety of women! #NoToSelfID #SexNotGender #WomensSafety #waronwomen #womenstandup

canadagoose

Quote from: Barry Admin on February 06, 2019, 09:52:20 PM
He knows full well that's a fucking troll.
The amount of bad faith going on in the Glinnersphere is astounding. It's like it doesn't matter if what you say is true as long as you can flex on the troons or something.

zomgmouse

Quote from: canadagoose on February 06, 2019, 10:15:24 PM
The amount of bad faith going on in the Glinnersphere is astounding. It's like it doesn't matter if what you say is true as long as you can flex on the troons or something.

This is exactly how propaganda spreads. It doesn't matter if it's true. Just as long as it reinforces what you're saying because the essence of it is true as supported by what you're saying. It's the way ACTUAL "fake news" gets lapped up by Trump's followers. Circular and erroneous but powerful in its appeal to existing feelings and thoughts.

Mango Chimes

Let's jump back to October 2016 and take our Glinner spotter's guide with us.

https://twitter.com/Glinner/status/791325201132773376

☑ Weirdly attacking a female celebrity for promoting a charity
☑ Scoffing at people for not being up to Linehan-level super feminism
☑ Doubling down like a total dick
☑ Ignoring women who disagree with him
☑ Falling out with former celeb friends over it

However. Different world, 2016. Back then, he was doing all this because he thought children being taught gender stereotypes was unimportant.

BritishHobo

I love that Shappi Khorsandi replies several times, and he's too piss-scared to reply to her despite it being her quote he used. Also the unbearable smarminess of sneering at the campaign and then sneering at anyone who mocks him for it. He does this fucking sinister thing where anyone who actually addresses his argument gets a smarmy backpedaling ' you fool, why would you give my opinion authority?' non-response.

Mr. Internet

Quote from: zomgmouse on February 06, 2019, 10:30:52 PM
This is exactly how propaganda spreads. It doesn't matter if it's true. Just as long as it reinforces what you're saying because the essence of it is true as supported by what you're saying. It's the way ACTUAL "fake news" gets lapped up by Trump's followers. Circular and erroneous but powerful in its appeal to existing feelings and thoughts.

I think this is exactly right. It's like what some 'liberal' people I know have said to me about the Protocols of the Elders of Zion (yep).

"I'm not anti-semitic but... even if it's a hoax, and even if it's an exaggeration, the essence of what it says about the world is true."

Quote from: Mango Chimes on February 07, 2019, 03:15:56 AM

However. Different world, 2016. Back then, he was doing all this because he thought children being taught gender stereotypes was unimportant.

Yeah combine that with the Dolly Parton stuff and I think you get his true views on women

https://twitter.com/Glinner/status/483250962757595136

https://twitter.com/Glinner/status/483271258575233024

Cuellar

jobotic

Remember when Rosa Parks wouldn't give up her bus seat? There people actually dying and she was worrying about a bus!

Great civil rights activism there, Rosa.

BritishHobo

He's the definition of a nice guy, who thinks because he was supportive of women during GamerGate that he's exalted now and women ought to be grateful for his proclamations.

pigamus

Quote from: Mango Chimes on February 07, 2019, 03:15:56 AM

Lovely to see Mark Steel handing his arse to him.

Cuellar

If he wasn't married with kids he'd be an incel.

(This post was a joke)

phantom_power

Quote from: worldsgreatestsinner on February 07, 2019, 12:03:15 PM
Yeah combine that with the Dolly Parton stuff and I think you get his true views on women

https://twitter.com/Glinner/status/483250962757595136

https://twitter.com/Glinner/status/483271258575233024

I think one of his tweets there exposes his pathology a bit. Something about evil doctors taking advantage of vulnerable people to perform surgery on them

Be nice if glinner could become the go to word for someone convinced of their righteousness while ignorantly wrong.

Let that be Grahams legacy, in a Kingpin/Munson sort of way.

To glinner; a sanctimonious arsehole who bathes in his own ignorance

ToneLa

Jockice

Quote from: Cuellar on February 07, 2019, 12:14:41 PM
This Glinner guy...I mean, he's a real jerk!

I've never met the bloke but there's definitely something very very strange going on in his head concerning sexuality and gender.

JamesTC

Retracting false stories written to attack transexuals sets a dangerous precedent. Clearly this is an anti-feminist agenda to spread the truth.

Glinner is the living embodiment of Stewart Lee's Osama Bin Laden sketch.

Mango Chimes

This is fucking grim as fuck. Stepping away from the former comedy writer for a moment, this means that some hack cunt MADE UP a story that the killer of someone's kid wanted to be called by their name? Just made it up. Published it. Promoted it so that the woman in question will have heard it. And all the 'depraved killer aims to cause more distress' stuff... knowing it wasn't the depraved killer. It was a depraved journalist, or a depraved someone saying it to a journalist? Jesus.

Back to the Twitter cunt: https://twitter.com/Glinner/status/1095024810667769856

I wasn't expecting him to have the grace to apologise for spreading horrific hack lies, and thought he'd take the aforementioned dangerous lunatic response of, "okay, I was wrong about this happening, but the fact I thought it was happening is proof that it could happen and therefore I am right." But not even that. It's some mad pretzel of an argument: "We shouldn't respect people changing their names and pronouns because of cunts like this doing it. The fact this cunt isn't doing it only proves how right I am to not respect it." If it wasn't so sourly malicious, there'd be something to admire in how deviously convoluted that is.

And the fucking glee of this: https://twitter.com/Glinner/status/1095051471215824896  Doesn't give a shit about the mother of a murdered kid's feelings any more, now it's of no use to him in his mad crusade. Doesn't give a shit.

It was funny that bit with Dougal and the cows.

idunnosomename

Imagine being so in love with yourself you can't believe you're ever even slightly mistaken about anything

I mean the levels of insane delusion in this man are really quite frightening

I mean look at something like this: https://twitter.com/Glinner/status/1092528722241048577

There's no ironic self-deprecation there as far as I can tell, just sheer masturbatory lunacy

ToneLa

He sees himself as a crusader AND people agree??? I mean, I saw the options, he doesn't even take it seriously and wants to be beyond criticism. Right, that's it, me exuent, I don't want to belong to this society - off into full-blown solipsism I go