Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:39:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Charity stream hosted to spite transphobic tosser Graham Linehan [split topic]

Started by worldsgreatestsinner, January 20, 2019, 01:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

Well put. I think he must be battling with himself internally, trying to convince himself that he's not demented to be constantly going on about this stuff. It's a fairly recurrent theme I've noticed while looking at his feed of late. There are constant justifications of how important this all is, comparisons to Nazi Germany... just all sorts of shit.

PlanktonSideburns

Just sent him a personal message to cheer him up

Told him this new kaufmanesque turn he's doing is great, and that toast of London was a real return to form

ToneLa

Kaufman wanted to fight women to prove his ego-based superiority; Linehan...

canadagoose

I've had two bloody dreams involving Linehan in the last week. Twitter is a hell of a drug.

zomgmouse

It's so pishpiddle that they have coopted being critical of gender expression an epithet that to them stands in opposition trans people, because obviously trans people are not critical of gender, obviously.

Cuellar

Quote from: zomgmouse on February 19, 2019, 05:56:34 AM
It's so pishpiddle that they have coopted being critical of gender expression an epithet that to them stands in opposition trans people, because obviously trans people are not critical of gender, obviously.

Yeah, I've noticed at key points in their reasonable and rational objections to trans people activists they say things like 'feminists think gender is socially constructed whereas trans people activists believe gender is an essential biological fact and in no way socially constructed, THEREFORE etc etc.' and I think is that really true?

phantom_power

I don't know how people can be so certain that gender is a purely social construct. If it is then it is so ingrained then it is impossible to know either way. Where is the control group? If we haven't conclusively solved the nature/nurture thing for almost every personality trait and flaw then how can anyone be so sure when it comes to gender?

idunnosomename

thugler

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 19, 2019, 03:04:19 PM
Anyway Mermaids got their lottery money anyway so there you go

Hahahhaa! Yassss! Linehan meltdown incoming.

madhair60

Quote from: thugler on February 19, 2019, 03:36:47 PM
Hahahhaa! Yassss! Linehan meltdown incoming.

Amazing.  Fucking delighted.  The first time I'll ever use the "Michael Jackson eating popcorn" gif on Twitter.

Twed

Imagine basing your identity on being the best at being left-wing online for a solid 15 years and then finding yourself to the right of The National Lottery.

madhair60

Cuellar

phantom_power

He is also twatting on about Don Cheadle's t-shirt on SNL. Like a massive cunt

Cuellar

machotrouts

I looked at his Twitter, as if somehow I was going to find some sort of pleasure in his villainous breakdown and not just mire myself in more vomit and bile, and this stuck out to me as particularly unpleasant:

QuoteYes why would women not want someone like this in their private spaces? Just "get used to it", ladies!
...with an attached screenshot of a trans woman's tweets that say...
Quoteif your a cisbian who whines abt being oppressed for "not liking dick" you absolutely deserve to get tazed in public tbqh
Quote"B-but I'm penis repulsed uwu"
no one cares if you like dick or not!!!!!
no one cares!!!!
but you dumb fucks keep bringing up your revulsion to our bodies every fucking chance you get!!!!!!

Tweets with 4 and 2 likes, respectively, by somebody with 35 followers.

Isn't one of Linehan's ostensible reasons for bullying trans women that they're supposedly foisting their dicks on cis lesbians, and claiming to be oppressed by dick-dislikers? Yet those two tweets make it clear that what she's frustrated about is TERFs claiming, in turn, that trans women are oppressing them. She's upset that these people constantly feel the need to declare that they find her repulsive as some sort of fucked-up preemptive strike. What part of "no one cares if you like dick or not!!!!! no one cares!!!!" is Glinner pretending not to understand?

It has the tone of a "here's an extremist outlier I've found, let's paint all members of this minority with the same brush" tweet, which is bullshit behaviour anyway, but... it's not even particularly unreasonable! He's not just fingerwagging the taser thing, as he made an effort to include both tweets (he was desperately trying to get in with Nazi-punching Twitter a few months ago so I'm not sure he has much grounds to advocate for peaceful respectability politics now). Does he publicly shame every random trans woman who comes up on his Google Alert for "cisbian dick" or whatever, even if they're saying completely the opposite of what he wants us to think they're saying?

Cuellar

Quote from: machotrouts on February 19, 2019, 09:32:32 PMDoes he publicly shame every random trans woman who comes up on his Google Alert for "cisbian dick" or whatever

As far as I can tell, yes.

beanheadmcginty

I wanted to make an ill-advised Plenty O'Toole joke there but just remembered she's in Diamonds Are Forever, not Thunderball.

canadagoose

Ah, that's great that the Lottery funding went through in the end. Made up for last Sunday with two transphobic articles in the Times and the Herald (the latter of which was criticised by A Thousand Flowers today). What with Bernie announcing he's standing for US President, it's been quite a good day for a change.

Cuellar

madhair60

Stumbled across this bit of wild Glinnage, on a response to someone asking why Martina Navratilova's recent comments on trans athletes were considered transphobic

He really is something else.

idunnosomename

he's the guardian of all women from evil people with long blue hair and willies

here's the biggest puzzle. why hasn't he started ranting at a camera on a youtube channel? I mean the fuckers a TV writer he could probably make it look halfway professional pretty easily. thats how you spread on the internet these days, grandad. i suppose he does look like a hump of trash though

I SUSPECT he think twitter is just a video game on his phone and he's trying really hard to beat it? Even though it's getting REALLY TOUGH he's been at eight years so whatever

bigfatheart

Also, and I know this is going to sound like Walter in the Big Lebowski pointing out that keeping a marmot is illegal, his sudden concern for the integrity of sport is really, really fucking disingenuous. I'm pretty sure he's said a few times in the past that he's not interested in sport in the slightest, and yet all of a sudden he takes an interest when it becomes another stick to beat trans people with. Y'know, much like the Gamergaters weren't all that fussed about journalistic integrity until it suited them to.

Maybe next he'll start a campaign against astroturf because it's misogynistic get it because turf sounds like terf

phantom_power

He's right though isn't he. Women's sport is being over-run with men saying they are women, breaking loads of world records and winning loads of medals and then going back to being men again.