Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:10:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Charity stream hosted to spite transphobic tosser Graham Linehan [split topic]

Started by worldsgreatestsinner, January 20, 2019, 01:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

Running the numbers he seems to lose an average of 4 followers per tweet.

mippy

idunnosomename

fucking hell

he's on some moral crusade screenshotting stuff from a mumsnet thread he started

MUMSNET

THAT THING EVERYONE MAKES FUN OF, HE THINKS IS THE CUTTING EDGE OF MORALITY

Thursday

How can I see back more than a month? I want to watch how it's dropped from it's very peak.

Cuellar

If you go to 'See full monthly stats' there are a couple of longer term graphs at the bottom

this is also funny: https://socialblade.com/twitter/user/glinner/realtime

CirqueDuJour

One from yesterday:

I'd assumed this was the reason, but it's nice to have it confirmed.

Cuellar

Fucking hell! Jesus. Just 'take the L', as kids say nowadays.

If enough people say the 'Gay The Musical' episode was dogshit (which it was), could he persuaded to go all homophobic?

St_Eddie

Holy shit!  Confirmation!

Quote from: Cuellar on February 27, 2019, 07:04:02 PM
If enough people say the 'Gay The Musical' episode was dogshit (which it was), could he persuaded to go all homophobic?

Somebody make this a reality.  Please.  It'll provide enough entertainment for decades to come.

idunnosomename

"I did a script that childishly and callously reduced people who'd undergone a gender transition as figures of fun and complete fucking cartoons and on reflection, everyone who criticised it was wrong"

Absolute sack of shit

DrGreggles

Quote from: Cuellar on February 27, 2019, 07:04:02 PM

Only funny episode IMHO.

Cuellar

Meeehhhhh - it had funny bits, entirely unrelated to the central theme of 'ha this guy likes musicals but that doesn't mean he's ga-HAHA NO OF COURSE HE IS GAY BECAUSE HE LIKES MUSICALS'

VelourSpirit

Is it a noted phenomenon when people try and seem virtuous as an excuse for some other kind of hate? Like how he's pretending to care about how (cis) women are being silenced when really he's just using that as a convenient excuse to obfuscate his raging disgust for trans people. Or like how whatshisname goes on about protecting children against paedos all the time when he really just hates Muslims.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: TwinPeaks on February 27, 2019, 09:55:02 PM
Is it a noted phenomenon when people try and seem virtuous as an excuse for some other kind of hate? Like how he's pretending to care about how (cis) women are being silenced when really he's just trying to obfuscate his raging disgust for trans people. Or like how whatshisname goes on about protecting children against paedos all the time when he really just hates Muslims.
Religion. Aaaaaah.

Twit 2

Classic projection and hypocrisy. Lino hates bullies because he is one.

jobotic

When I did that episode in which a  trans woman was beaten up by a man, which I played for laughs, I realised that women were bullied and silenced so decided to carry it on in my real life.

What a weirdo.

zomgmouse

Quote from: CirqueDuJour on February 27, 2019, 07:03:19 PM
One from yesterday:

I'd assumed this was the reason, but it's nice to have it confirmed.

OH MY GOD IT'S REAL

Mobius

Quote from: mippy on February 27, 2019, 04:51:47 PM
And he's tweeted 258 times today. 258!

Just insane

Does he have an agent and is he currently working on any projects?

McFlymo

Quote from: jobotic on February 27, 2019, 10:35:49 PM
When I did that episode in which a  trans woman was beaten up by a man, which I played for laughs, I realised that women were bullied and silenced so decided to carry it on in my real life.

What a weirdo.

What a fucking-twisted-piece-of-absolute-shit weirdo.

Bronzy

Quote from: Mobius on February 28, 2019, 01:33:48 AM
Just insane

Does he have an agent and is he currently working on any projects?

Yes

Gender-neutral Parent Ted
The TERF Crowd
Big Transgender
Black Books About Gender Ideology

Mobius

idunnosomename

Sorry wait, I'm still processing this.

So he just brushed off the criticism of the episode as "bollocks", then when he looked "deeper into it" he found other people... doing the same sort of intolerant thing getting told to fuck off?

I...? The man is a truly a fucking deluded, narcissistic lunatic

mippy

Someone told me that it all started with the criticism of that episode, and I didn't believe them.

pigamus

Quote from: Mobius on February 28, 2019, 05:05:29 AM
I bet he regrets adapting The Ladykillers now!!!!!!!

Didn't he have a massive paddy about that as well? Some Radio 4 interview or something?

jobotic

After I attacked an Indian bloke for his ethnicity and got criticized for it I found out that some Indians can be racist towards Africans. So to combat racism I devoted my life to attacking Indians, and if you think that's wrong then you are a massive racist.

I think that's how the logic goes.

Brundle-Fly

pigamus

Mango Chimes

This is a weird case study in radicalisation, someone forgetting their past more reasonable self. Is that a phenomenon? Because he didn't "just think, this is bollocks". At the time, even recently, his reaction was one of apology and self-criticism (he's said leaving a trans character broken and bloodied was bad writing).

Jockice

Quote from: pigamus on February 28, 2019, 10:10:58 AM
Didn't he have a massive paddy about that as well? Some Radio 4 interview or something?

Racist! Anyway, he's not that tall.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Mango Chimes on February 28, 2019, 10:47:02 AM
This is a weird case study in radicalisation, someone forgetting their past more reasonable self. Is that a phenomenon? Because he didn't "just think, this is bollocks". At the time, even recently, his reaction was one of apology and self-criticism (he's said leaving a trans character broken and bloodied was bad writing).
That was before he found an audience (Mumsnet TERFs) to group round him. Perhaps his apology was *gasp* not sincere and he actually thought "this is bollocks" but said self-critical things as defence against critics. Now he's engaged in this waging this weird culture war with progressive, mostly young people, he's showing his true self.

A stupid old cunt, to be clear