Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:43:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Charity stream hosted to spite transphobic tosser Graham Linehan [split topic]

Started by worldsgreatestsinner, January 20, 2019, 01:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Jockice on February 28, 2019, 10:53:38 AM
Racist! Anyway, he's not that tall.

I just made that paddy joke on the previous page..

Goldblumo-Entomophobe

Jockice

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on February 28, 2019, 11:03:07 AM
I just made that paddy joke on the previous page..

Goldblumo-Entomophobe

I know. But I developed it with the terrific punchline about his height.

mippy

My first experience of Twitter Policeman Graham Linehan was when there was a to-do about Femfresh - women complaining that 'feminine hygeine' products suggested they were inherently dirty. Graham for some reason decided to weigh in and tell all the silly women to stop making a fuss. Over and over again. I read it thinking 'jesus Graham, why are you so invested in this?'. And look where we are now.

I can't find the original tweets now - most of them were quote tweets which are hard to search for - but this was one of them (https://twitter.com/Glinner/status/216552249818742785)

idunnosomename

daf

Quote"Pouring shame on body parts?" If there was a special soap for cleaning my penis, I'd be all over that shit. I would never go out again.

knob soap = twitter

idunnosomename

It's also worth pointing out that tweet has more replies than it does likes and RTs put together (but I can't read them for some reason)

mippy

Glinner fucking retweeted The Falcon Malteser.....

edit - it was some complete bollocks about Owen Jones as well. Not going to link to it. Absolutely pathetic.

BritishHobo

He's wanking on about otherkin as well, which means he's sunk to the level of dickhead redditors picking up some daft, vulnerable kids on Tumblr as if they're the biggest threat to modern society. How long before he's making jokes about identifying as an attack helicopter?

Mobius

Remember when he did the SORTED! bit in Brass Eye

I'm just gonna pretend Arthur Matthews wrote Father Ted on his own

BJBMK2

Quote from: Mobius on March 01, 2019, 12:48:14 AM
Remember when he did the SORTED! bit in Brass Eye

I'm just gonna pretend Arthur Matthews wrote Father Ted on his own

The SORTED bit from The Day Today, surely?

Mobius

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: Mobius on February 28, 2019, 05:05:29 AM
I bet he regrets adapting The Ladykillers now!!!!!!!

Literally just thinking about this. Remember seeing his Ladykillers and the major (played by Clive Mantle when I saw it) was a crossdresser or something?

Oh and Mrs Wilberforce was trans in this version , which is why they all wanted to kill her. Should have seen this coming.

he

Delurking to ask

Is there any chance the whole IT Crowd 'a man' 'Iran' gag flop was meant to be 'Amman' that city in the middle east? The joke makes a lot more sense and plays on the fact that Douglas was so naively trans-unaware at the time of the disclosure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amman

Earlier exchange: Douglas clearly distracted, eating, not paying attention. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2KsZHRrFpU

Later:
'I'm not from Iran'

'Well you said something along those lines'

Bronzy

Quote from: he on March 04, 2019, 01:20:20 AM
Delurking to ask

Is there any chance the whole IT Crowd 'a man' 'Iran' gag flop was meant to be 'Amman' that city in the middle east? The joke makes a lot more sense and plays on the fact that Douglas was so naively trans-unaware at the time of the disclosure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amman

Earlier exchange: Douglas clearly distracted, eating, not paying attention. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2KsZHRrFpU

Later:
'I'm not from Iran'

'Well you said something along those lines'

Fishfinger

Quote from: he on March 04, 2019, 01:20:20 AM

No. The line is "I used to be a man" and it's repeated. It's just poor writing in what is a very broad comedy. This is the same episode that has Jen convinced she has custody of the Internet in a box and that Employee of the Month is some kind of Nobel prize.

Bronzy

Quote from: Fishfinger on March 04, 2019, 01:23:44 PM
No. The line is "I used to be a man" and it's repeated. It's just poor writing in what is, admittedly, a very broad comedy. This is the same episode that has Jen convinced she has custody of the Internet in a box and that Employee of the Month is some kind of Nobel prize.

In an ideal world the joke would be "I'm now a broad" and Douglas thinks she works overseas.

Also Graham Linehan is banned from Twitter sine die

madhair60

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: Bronzy on March 04, 2019, 01:32:36 PM
In an ideal world the joke would be "I'm now a broad" and Douglas thinks she works overseas.

Also Graham Linehan is banned from Twitter sine die

Frasier did this exact joke, when their old school bully - now a plumber - comes to fix their bathroom. Niles tells Frasier to say that he's overseas.

"Niles is abroad now."
"Huh. I mean, I guess I always suspected, but..."

kngen

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on March 04, 2019, 02:43:04 PM
Frasier did this exact joke, when their old school bully - now a plumber - comes to fix their bathroom. Niles tells Frasier to say that he's overseas.

"Niles is abroad now."

Brett Easton Ellis in American Psycho, too (with a slighty different interpretation of 'broad').

Patrick Bateman to the two hookers he's brought to his apartment: 'Have either of you been abroad ... I mean, overseas ...?'

Ornlu

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on March 04, 2019, 02:43:04 PM

"Niles is abroad now."

I'm ploughing through my Frasier DVDs so I'm just going to unnecessarily point out that's actually from a later episode, Liar, Liar!, when talking to his imprisoned old classmate who he and Niles framed and got expelled.

JamesTC

Imagine if Glinner did get banned from Twitter.

What on earth would he do with his time? Being transphobic on Twitter is his entire life now.

Twed