Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:34:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Arkham Again

Started by Dannyhood91, January 22, 2019, 10:16:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannyhood91

Anyone else keeping up with rumours of a new Arkham game? It's supposesly being made by the team behind Origins, which I thought got undeserved flak. I dunno how I'm excited I am about a new Batman game though. I thought Arkham Knight was fine and was happy to leave the story there.

magval

I liked Origins more than Knight. Aye, gimme, I say.

madhair60

Yes please. Fucking yes mate. Day one. Bring it on.

Obel

The car was the problem in Knight wasn't it? I adored Asylum and City but I turned Knight off pretty quickly. Found the Batmobile segments really bad. Shame because the game itself looked lush.

madhair60

Quote from: Obel on January 22, 2019, 11:35:18 AM
The car was the problem in Knight wasn't it? I adored Asylum and City but I turned Knight off pretty quickly. Found the Batmobile segments really bad. Shame because the game itself looked lush.

Absolutely adored the batmobile.

Obel

Listen here you slag, ever since I saw your thoughts on Hitman I've had to treat your opinions with extreme suspicion. And that's not to say anything about your thoughts on the Ghostbusters reboot you god damn cow!

Dannyhood91

Do we reckon it'll be a prequel then? I'd like one set between origins and asylum. There are rumors of it being like batman beyond though.

gmoney

Origin's was pretty bad I thought. It felt like some dull DLC content that went on forever, with a string of B team villains and rehashes.  I played again after quite a few people on here said it was enjoyable, but I didn't find that to be the case. I can't remember if i bothered to complete it. Knight was pretty excellent. I didn't love the Batmobile bits, but neither did I hate them and it's pretty amazing the hate they inspire.

AsparagusTrevor

In Arkham Knight I thought the Batmobile driving was good, the tank battles would've been fine had they not appeared so maddeningly frequently and the stealth tank bits were amongst the worst gaming ideas in recent memory.

I thought Arkham Oranges was ok, the plot wasn't amazing but the gameplay mechanics refined and improved on City. The Deathstroke boss fight was another one of the worst gaming ideas in recent memory.

bgmnts

Whh don't they just do a similar game but a different hero. Batman got boring.

Also would be good if they upped the detective stuff, maybe made it more open and a challenge. The detective stuff is great.

I'd love an Arkham style game but with the X Men. That has been my dream as a kid.

biggytitbo

I liked the car puzzle sections in Knight, but the repetitive combat was a bit wearisome.

My main thing for a new Batman game is the his costume has a bare arse throughout. I don't know why they didn't do this in the previous game, surely its less work for the developers rather than more?

colacentral

Quote from: bgmnts on January 22, 2019, 03:30:53 PM

Also would be good if they upped the detective stuff, maybe made it more open and a challenge. The detective stuff is great.

I'd love an Arkham style game but with the X Men. That has been my dream as a kid.

Do it like DK 64 and swap each X-Man out in a barrel. Have a rap too.

He's the leader of the bunch, he's not a nonce, but he picks up kids with his bald psychic bonce.

kalowski

Fuck Knight and its shit Batmobile and fucking tank sections. I just fucked it off after having to drive around some sort of Riddler-path in under 3 minutes. Go and buy Grand Tourismo if you want that kind of shit.

Mister Six

Quote from: bgmnts on January 22, 2019, 03:30:53 PM

Someone did - it's called Spider-Man and it's great.

madhair60

Quote from: kalowski on January 22, 2019, 10:12:59 PM
Fuck Knight and its shit Batmobile and fucking tank sections. I just fucked it off after having to drive around some sort of Riddler-path in under 3 minutes. Go and buy Grand Tourismo if you want that kind of shit.

ANGRY GAMER

biggytitbo

The other issue with arkham Knight is there are far too many mad cunts in costumes in it, it just made the whole thing a bit too daft. Batman I can take, and a few villains. But virtually everyone in this game is in costume, save for a few cops.

MojoJojo

Glebe

Never bothered picking up Arkham Knight because my laptop wouldn't be able to handle it.

gmoney

Why, is it afraid of people in masks?