Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:32:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Puppet Master : The Littlest Reich

Started by Head Gardener, January 23, 2019, 02:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Gardener

this new horror is looking good judging by the trailer: bloody hell

Swoz_MK

Written by S. Craig Zahler and opening titles by Benjamin Marra, sold.

bgmnts

I fucking love that design posted in the OP.

Looks a bit shit though. Is it a deliberately cheap looking comedy or a horror film? I was confused.

Bazooka

Dunno, didn't see the puppet with the drill on its head from the original series.

Head Gardener

must have been out awhile in the US as it's up on the torrents already

St_Eddie

Watching the original Puppet Master with my ex-girlfriend at the time remains one of my favourite film experiences.  We were both in hysterics at the utterly absurd and unintentionally bad performance given by the lead protagonist.  Anytime that he was onscreen, it was an absolute riot.

Quote from: Head Gardener on January 23, 2019, 03:44:11 PM
must have been out awhile in the US as it's up on the torrents already

Yep.  It came out in the Summer of last year in the US.  I read the reviews at the time, which for mixed but mostly positive from the horror hound crowd.

Head Gardener

Quote from: St_Eddie on January 23, 2019, 05:20:40 PM

Yep.  It came out in the Summer of last year in the US.  I read the reviews at the time, which for mixed but mostly positive from the horror hound crowd.

that'll be me then, cheers!

Small Man Big Horse

I wasn't aware of the film until I read this thread earlier but it sounded like the kind of film I was in the mood for and I'm very fond of Thomas Lennon so I thought I'd give it a shot. And, eh, it's alright, nothing that amazing or original and the first half hour is a bit bland, but once the deaths start taking place it becomes fairly fun. Can't say I'd recommend it to anyone who isn't already a fan of the genre but it was a passable enough way of spending time.

Shit Good Nose

I was addicted to the Puppet Master films (1 to 5) in my early-mid teens.  Not seen any of those since then, and have only seen Curse Of... of the later ones in the series.

Is this a genuine sequel to those, or is a reboot/parody?

touchingcloth

I love the subtitle of "The Littlest Reich". My brain keeps wanting to tack something into it like "...with the Biggest Heart".

madhair60

Just looked up Puppet Master on wiki as I've never seen any of it.

This is a rabbit hole.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on January 24, 2019, 08:49:19 AM
I was addicted to the Puppet Master films (1 to 5) in my early-mid teens.  Not seen any of those since then, and have only seen Curse Of... of the later ones in the series.

Is this a genuine sequel to those, or is a reboot/parody?

It's a reboot apparently, though played pretty straight, most of the humour comes from the OTT deaths.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on January 24, 2019, 10:09:36 AM
It's a reboot apparently, though played pretty straight, most of the humour comes from the OTT deaths.

When you mentioned Thomas Lennon I did wonder if it was heading more in the comedy direction, but obvs not.

I didn't realise how many more had been made since Curse Of, and also how recently, so I should try and watch those as well I guess, even though this is a reboot.  Trouble is, of all the original series, I only really remember one of them (either 2 or 3) with any clarity, so I need to start from scratch again really.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on January 24, 2019, 10:33:54 AM
When you mentioned Thomas Lennon I did wonder if it was heading more in the comedy direction, but obvs not.

Imdb list it as a comedy horror too so I was expecting more laughs from it than there were, and Lennon is surprisingly low key throughout.