Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,403
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:29:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

How a viral nowtrage left everyone looking like a dick.

Started by biggytitbo, January 24, 2019, 05:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Calf

The Atlantic's got a major scoop here:

WHITE PEOPLE "ONLY ONES NOT TO BLAME".

The MSM, eh?

madhair60

Buelligan

America's fucked.

Quote from: Paul Calf on January 25, 2019, 08:30:10 AM
The Atlantic's got a major scoop here:

WHITE PEOPLE "ONLY ONES NOT TO BLAME".

The MSM, eh?

Yeah, I mean think about that little lad who was playing with a toy gun in the park.  The police came and shot him dead.  Just shot him like a dog.  12 years old but black, that was his problem.  Tamir Rice, he was called.  Did they take him to the White House, I wonder.

Dog Botherer

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 25, 2019, 08:13:30 AM
Sounds like hate speech to me ^

Like MAGA isn't a hateful slogan. Come on man. You can't possibly be this thick.

Urinal Cake

Native Americans are a-okay!

It's a protest everybody acts like an arse. Black Israelites have some fucked up beliefs but understandable in the context of their experience. Further they did want some sort of dialogue.

But these privileged mostly white boys were just there for laughs and  act like brats.

the whole thing hinges on whether you think the MAGA hat signifies anything at all or not

as I say, Zapruder film for fuckwits. it allows everyone to get on their hobby horse and spout the same guff

Quote from: phantom_power on January 25, 2019, 08:24:26 AM
They were at a pro-life rally weren't they?

The Katholic Kids were bused in to the rally specifically to start shit, they started shit, and they got shit, and now they're crying about it through expensive PR paid for by rich parents. And numbskulls like Biggy shed a tear, wanting to criticise the mainstream media by fully buying into the current mainstream narrative about the story, as presented by mainstream publication The Atlantic

Everything about this is dumb!

phantom_power

It's just a window into these horrible little cunt factories that seem to be dotted around America. A bit like that school in the news recently where all the kids made Nazi salutes in their school photos. It's a little taster of the next generation's Brett Kavanaughs

biggytitbo

Paul Calf

biggytitbo

Quote from: Paul Calf on January 25, 2019, 10:36:42 AM
Is this thread going better or worse than you expected?

Everyone seems to be having fun.

dex

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on January 24, 2019, 10:27:21 PM
that is, in a way, the real story. The media's clamour and enthusiasm for 'both sides-ism', a way of absolving themselves of the moral responsibility of making a judgement on political matters by choosing not to distinguish between anything. everything means the same thing, everyone is acting in good faith, nothing can be known. the most rational, reasonable position is never to draw any real conclusions about anything. even self-professed sceptics of the 'msm' fall for this

the media will always revert to this, especially when they fear pushback, which is what happened here. if they can find a way to equivocate, they'll do it. And this is a practice that always serves the powerful

I can see your point on this, but no matter if you're reading an amazing piece of journalism or utter shite not fit to wrap your chips in it is still down to the reader to use their noggin and make their own judgement.

for society, for the concept of holding the powerful to account, do you not think that this kind of dogshit journalism and deliberate misinformation contributes significantly to the world's recent structural failures? and if indeed people have the autonomy to resist this guff, why aren't they using it? why do the cunts in charge of the world seem to get slowly more evil all the time? do you not think that it might be because the powerful are always equivocated for, so everybody gets misinformed about the level of threat?

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on January 24, 2019, 05:37:17 PM
we've already had this discussion in the Trump thread

Was it really a discussion, though? Attempts at rational discussion were stymied by pictures of pigs, animal noises, infantile gifs and snippy, intransigent doubling-down on the prejudice stoked up by the initial fake narrative.

Quoteand no, the behaviour of the Black Hebrew Israelites does not exonerate the behaviour of the boys doing tomahawk chops

Openly nasty racist goading does not exonerate the smiling schoolchildren for doing a mime that happens en masse at American athletic events, which none but a handful of ideological activists find offensive? Once the reports of the kids shouting 'racist abuse' and 'build the wall' were found to be lies (ie as soon as anyone watched the video), this little arm-swinging gesture is all that's left to cling to - that and the boy's face.

Literally the justification remains, look deep into this boy's face and you will see centuries of hatred, rape and oppression. The kids didn't say anything racist on this occasion (unless the evidence was removed from the tape by their dads' magic PR campaign?) they defended their own black friends against the Israelites' goading, but the mime is 'problematic', so bring on the death threats from verified Twitter celebrities.

Quote from: Urinal Cake on January 25, 2019, 08:54:04 AM
Black Israelites have some fucked up beliefs but understandable in the context of their experience. Further they did want some sort of dialogue.

Ha! What sort of dialogue did they want?

Quote from: SpiderChrist on January 23, 2019, 08:56:32 AM
White kids act like kids "ah boys will be boys let off steam"
Black kids act like kids "well he deserved to get shot did you see him"

I wasn't going to dwell on this, but I too am a fan of word games about racial double standards. So why not imagine there were a group of brown schoolgirls, some in Black Lives Matter hats, being racially abused by a group of neo-Nazi white supremacists, and an elderly white morris-dancing druid (with a history of right-wing activism) singles one out and goes and jingles his stick in her face while singing an old English folk song, expecting her to move out of his way, but she just looks at him smiling calmly. Do we imagine that mainstream conservative voices would have been calling for the 'BLM kids' to be shot, punched, doxed, their school closed down or burned down? Do we imagine anyone would have felt visceral revulsion at the disrespect in the girl's eyes, and tried to convince themselves that "At least the neo-Nazis did want some sort of dialogue"? Can we imagine how those narratives would have played out?

Quote from: Buelligan on January 25, 2019, 08:08:33 AM
They deserve it for wearing MAGA hats.

Schoolchildren deserve hysterical murderous abuse for wearing hats, because some people are psychotically triggered by the words on the hats, and we can't expect them to restrain themselves?

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on January 25, 2019, 10:14:22 AM
the whole thing hinges on whether you think the MAGA hat signifies anything at all or not

There are multiple reasons for a 15-year-old to wear one of these hats. One is naivety, some kind of face-value reading of the message, without considering the narrative that actually it might be code for 'kill all ethnic minorities' or something. Or it could be to appear rebellious, which is natural for teenagers. Or it could be to expose the cesspit of deception and amorality at the heart of the biased media (and it's obviously not just the 'mainstream media', online sources and social media are where the real incontinent homicidal poison has been vomited up) and the frothing psychosis of people who claim to be motivated by compassion and tolerance. (Admittedly this seems unlikely, but it is what happened)

Quoteas I say, Zapruder film for fuckwits.

Yes you've said that three times now, obviously very proud of it, even though it's an essentially meaningless comparison.

i think you've proved it to be very meaningful actually

Paul Calf

Autopsy Turvey

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on January 25, 2019, 02:47:44 PM
don't you mean 'oink'?

Yeahhh, I mean oink. I mean oink because I'm a little piggy. I was hoping for rational rebuttal, but let's stick with oink. It's all I need to understand your argument, oink.

shh

QuoteJournalists began to discover that the viral video was not, in fact, the Zapruder film of 2019, and that there were other videos—lots and lots of them—that showed the event from multiple perspectives and that explained more clearly what had happened.

Maybe a Rorschach blot would be a better comparison, except you're guaranteed the same reaction no matter what shape the ink actually takes.

Quote from: Autopsy Turvey on January 25, 2019, 03:09:15 PM
Yeahhh, I mean oink. I mean oink because I'm a little piggy. I was hoping for rational rebuttal, but let's stick with oink. It's all I need to understand your argument, oink.

SO DAMN RATIONAL

yeah buddy you absolutely remind me of Montaigne, and not a self-important wacko with a martyr complex who pops a blood vessel every time someone doesn't address your terrible opinions with the fawning respect you clearly think they deserve. foh

Buelligan

Also, if you're going to quote people, quote what they said.  If you selectively expunge everything they've said that mediates their comment and then screech about what's left, you deserve to be ridiculed.   Tit.

madhair60

i've had a big think about this and I've decided I think the kids are wrong and the other chap is right

biggytitbo

The Zapruder film line is from the Atlantic article too.

I first used the Zapruder line in the other thread, before the article came out. But nice try man! I guess you're gunning for those small victories now