Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:25:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Baptiste (The Missing alike)

Started by im barry bethel, January 26, 2019, 08:02:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Not continuing with this stilted rubbish

Baffling, GloucestershireLive seem to have done a live text while the episode was airing, manned by their Breaking News Editor. Bizarre.

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/celebs-tv/baptiste-episode-two-review-bbc-2553238

Twit 2

Episode 4 was good. This is worth sticking with for now.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Twit 2 on March 11, 2019, 11:28:35 PM
Episode 4 was good. This is worth sticking with for now.

Bastard. I'd sacked it off.

im barry bethel

Should have stuck with it Blod ep.4 has dragged it back on track

MidnightShambler

Just caught up with episode 5. I still think it's excellent, a little on the nose but really well acted and paced. There's a few more twists in it i reckon but it hasn't gone over the top, even if the *spoiler alert * need for Edward to try and buy the sisters freedom seems a little far-fetched. Not sure if the snitch will be Martha, it's more likely to be her son or Genevieve herself I think, she seems quite keen on being re-united with the money before bringing anybody down.

Twit 2

Episode 5 was an absolute belter, best so far. I'm really enjoying the plot twists and turns. Blodwyn, you must repent!

BlodwynPig

Christ...the ship has sailed, but I'll give it a go.

kaprisky

Last night BBC4 went and scrapped their late night schedule and screened the first three episodes of series one of The Missing. They appear to be doing the same tonight from midnight, with eps 4 to 7. Episodes 4 and 5 are the ones to watch (5 being the Mrs Garrett episode I think). The first series pushed all the right buttons that the second series couldn't reach. And a bleak ending too.

MidnightShambler

Bit of a rubbish ending to an otherwise very good series. All felt a bit plodding, not a great deal of drama, the Niels/Marta situation seemed a bit tacked on. A shame really because I thought it was brilliant up until then.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: MidnightShambler on March 24, 2019, 10:08:32 PM
Bit of a rubbish ending to an otherwise very good series. All felt a bit plodding, not a great deal of drama, the Niels/Marta situation seemed a bit tacked on. A shame really because I thought it was brilliant up until then.

Had my mouse hovered over the play button to give it another go...but now I won't.

MidnightShambler

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 24, 2019, 10:12:19 PM
Had my mouse hovered over the play button to give it another go...but now I won't.

Yeah, the ending totally spoiled it for me. After all the twists and drama of the previous five episodes, for it to be wrapped up in such a mundane way was shocking. I mean, I get that in real life that's probably exactly how it would end according to procedure etc but it's not real life, it's a fucking drama series and my disbelief was suspended as soon as people started hacking heads off with chainsaws, so end it with a bit of panache by all means.