Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:57:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

US Elections 2020 thread

Started by Twed, January 26, 2019, 08:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Best sandwich filling

Trump (R)
Sandford (R)
Walsh (R)
Weld (R)
Bennet (D)
Biden (D)
Booker (D)
Bullock (D)
Buttigieg (D)
Castro (D)
Delaney (D)
Gabbard (D)
Klobuchar (D)
Messam (D)
O'Rourke (D)
Ryan (D)
Sanders (D)
Sestak (D)
Steyer (D)
Warren (D)
Williamson (D)
Yang (D)
A Libertarian
A Green
One of the other ones
Moat (R)
Who fucking cares I dunno some cunt
Guntrip
Les Dennis
Eddie Large
Ralf Little
A musician or actor who think they can make a difference and will ultimately fail
Bensip Hammons
Castro
Gulf Holdall
Ham
Plain
Cook(D)
Bomb(D)

Twed

Quote from: Urinal Cake on August 25, 2019, 01:05:31 AM
Booker will become the establishment pick. He's a much more likeable person.
I agree that he's more likable. I just don't know that he has the support. I suppose it can be manufactured.

Quote from: QDRPHNC on August 25, 2019, 12:59:28 AM
How long has it been since someone got elected or not elected on their policies?

Wake up. This is the world now.

How long has it been since someone lost an election for being a gaffe-prone old man?

There are real stakes in not having the burgeoning Online Left turn into just a different version of insidery corporate media personality politics that got us into this mess.

Twed

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on August 25, 2019, 01:18:01 AM
There are real stakes in not having the burgeoning Online Left turn into just a different version of insidery corporate media personality politics that got us into this mess.
Eh? In what way? How is it a problem if the Online Left gets what they want and their policies get representation and they fuck off the money in politics? I don't care about them giving Biden fair shakes. I hope Biden's head rots off.

Urinal Cake

Quote from: Twed on August 25, 2019, 01:07:30 AM
I agree that he's more likable. I just don't know that he has the support. I suppose it can be manufactured.
It has to be him or Buttigieg. Now Buttigieg is doing well amongst donors and middle-class people who find Warren scary. But if everybody is worried about electability Booker is so much more likeable.

Twed

Even I like him, I just think he's part of the system. So also fuck him.

Buttigieg doesn't stand a chance, he's so fucking wet.

QDRPHNC

This is a bucket of shit. If someone throws shit at us, we throw shit back at them. We start a shit fight. We throw so much shit at them, that they can't pick up shit, they can't throw shit, they can't do shit.

sponk

Quote from: QDRPHNC on August 25, 2019, 02:46:48 AM
This is a bucket of shit. If someone throws shit at us, we throw shit back at them. We start a shit fight. We throw so much shit at them, that they can't pick up shit, they can't throw shit, they can't do shit. I'm being frank to shock.

sponk

Quote from: Twed on August 25, 2019, 08:11:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve4hMyJxVJc

I watched that episode (and most of the others) of TTOI at least 5 times in one week about two months ago, and didn't remember that quote. Haven't watched BE for several years, but it was the first thing that came to mind when reading QDPRHNC's post. What does that tell you?

Vote Yang!

Twed

Sure.

Democrats are really excited about Joe Walsh running against Trump. Because his conduct is better. They don't actually give a fuck that he's a monstrous idiot:

Paul Calf

There will never be a President Buttigieg. Willing to take bets on this.

Twed

Yeah, it just wouldn't happen. I can see Biden getting in just to cement the fate of the Hellworld, and Kamala making it off the back of people who are socially liberal up to the point that they've just about learned to tolerate Will and Grace. Sanders will win if the primary is fair (lol)

Twed

Blumf

Twed

https://twitter.com/WinkleBerns/status/1165712318606401536

Society is going to "strong woman!" its way straight back into the arms of power structures established centuries ago.

Urinal Cake

Quote from: Paul Calf on August 25, 2019, 08:40:11 PM
There will never be a President Buttigieg. Willing to take bets on this.
Buttigieg is a young man. Barring a climate catastrophe he's got plenty of time and enough cunning to become President.

Twed

He'll dissolve next time it rains.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Urinal Cake on August 25, 2019, 10:14:03 PM
Buttigieg is a young man. Barring a climate catastrophe he's got plenty of time and enough cunning to become President.

Take the bet?

Twed

Brilliant, isn't it? You can announce with "I'm a racist, but I've grown" and liberals will still love you. All you've got to do is be polite.

Sorry to harp on, it just makes me so worried.

Twed

Is my generation and political alignment going to have a massive dumbass blind spot like this?

backdrifter

Twed, you sure the love from him you're seeing from liberals isn't just because he'll hurt Trump.

He's virtually guaranteed to lose the primary to if he runs it will just be to trash Trump on the big stage.

Also possible his main motivation is boosting his show's ratings, which ironically could have been Trump's as well.

Twed

Quote from: backdrifter on August 26, 2019, 01:07:41 AM
Twed, you sure the love from him you're seeing from liberals isn't just because he'll hurt Trump.
I am sure it is, that's what makes me mad TBH. It's the same shit as people thinking GWB is good now.

Twed

Just in case it isn't clear, this is their protest against the Sunrise Movement kids. Kids asking for people to pay attention to climate change. These grown adults decided the best response is to drown them out with chants of "It's time for a woman in the White House!" about their neoliberal, racist Hillary 2.0 nightmare candidate.

Desolation.

Twed

Basic sociopathy. https://twitter.com/jvgraz/status/1164977522951348224

Maybe they can argue that they were just doing their protest too, but did not a single one of them think "hey better not drown out these kids begging for their futures"? And why in the fuck would you chant "Who do we want? Kamala! When do we want her? Now!". That isn't a protest, it doesn't make any fucking sense for a candidate in an election. It's just a tantrum.

Why even be in the same building as an actual protest to shout such inane things?

chveik

Twed

They did it before when Bernie was marching with McDonalds workers begging to be paid a living wage: https://twitter.com/shoe0nhead/status/1137918482241208321

Same chant. Absolutely fucking inane. The chant doesn't even make it clear why Kamala should be that woman. They don't think about values or anything else, they just want to make noise for their girl. Their chant applies to at least four other candidates.

Urinal Cake

I do like Harris' 90s throwback logo.

I wonder if her fans would support the last woman in the race if it was Gabbard?