Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:36:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

US Elections 2020 thread

Started by Twed, January 26, 2019, 08:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Best sandwich filling

Trump (R)
Sandford (R)
Walsh (R)
Weld (R)
Bennet (D)
Biden (D)
Booker (D)
Bullock (D)
Buttigieg (D)
Castro (D)
Delaney (D)
Gabbard (D)
Klobuchar (D)
Messam (D)
O'Rourke (D)
Ryan (D)
Sanders (D)
Sestak (D)
Steyer (D)
Warren (D)
Williamson (D)
Yang (D)
A Libertarian
A Green
One of the other ones
Moat (R)
Who fucking cares I dunno some cunt
Guntrip
Les Dennis
Eddie Large
Ralf Little
A musician or actor who think they can make a difference and will ultimately fail
Bensip Hammons
Castro
Gulf Holdall
Ham
Plain
Cook(D)
Bomb(D)
Quote from: Urinal Cake on August 26, 2019, 04:12:48 AM
I wonder if her fans would support the last woman in the race if it was Gabbard?

At about the same level as the ultra-liberals (including the ultra-pro-Israel liberals) support the first Jewish candidate in history.

Mister Six

Quote from: Urinal Cake on August 26, 2019, 04:12:48 AM
I do like Harris' 90s throwback logo.

Looks like they're trying to rip off the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt logo.

bgmnts

I have been to Monmouth and it does NOT have a university.

Fake news.

Twed

I think this might be the poll I did. The questions were hilariously loaded and they tried to influence my answers. So being in the lead despite that is yuge.

Urinal Cake

Quote from: Mister Six on August 26, 2019, 07:48:08 PM
Looks like they're trying to rip off the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt logo.
I think it's the colours too. Anyway it's more interesting than an initial plus a combination of red, white,blue, stars and stripes.

Twed

https://twitter.com/BethLynch2020/status/1166373911220629505

A little sad to watch. But fuck, he has to drop out. It's clearly not a one-off, and this has no chance against Trump, who will do a Joey Deacon face and make every headline.

It's Bernie, Kamala and Warren at this point. Please Warren and Bernie, join forces and don't compromise towards the Warren end of the scale.

honeychile

For anyone who missed it, Jill Biden's rallying cry to unite democrats behind her husband was not exactly inspiring.

I know Jimmy Dore's more conspiratorial leanings get on some people's nerves, but i like him and with the primary in full swing i'm finding his stuff quite cathartic.

mojo filters

Third Democratic primary debate, ABC and Univision Thursday September 12th, Texas Southern University, Houston:

With the looming cutoff regarding DNC qualifications for participation, this morning's Q-poll was realistically the last chance for those on the bubble to gain the 2% number needed.

Tom Steyer only needed one more poll at 2%, whilst Tulsi Gabbard needed two - both having met the donation threshold. There are no further qualifying polls anticipated before close of play today, though it's impossible to be sure.

Thus we now know there will likely only be 10 candidates eligible for the debate. Good news for those who want to see all the top tier debate on the same stage, for the first time. Also good news for those who didn't want the debate to spill over to the second night.

Personally I'm pleased Steyer has not been able to literally buy his way on to the debate stage. Hopefully he'll finally get the message and start putting his money to better use than previous self-indulgent vanity exercises.

There are many good Democratic party causes he could really help, from providing funds for the presidential nominee to access immediately after the nominating convention (normally when their funds are most notably depleted) to down ballot races such as key senate targets, eg challenging Corey Gardiner in CO and Susan Collins in Maine, plus protecting Doug Jones' Alabama seat from shopping mall pedophile Roy Moore!

Twed

Quote from: mojo filters on August 28, 2019, 03:22:16 PMThere are no further qualifying polls anticipated before close of play today, though it's impossible to be sure.
Just going to assume that the DNC decides what polls are 'qualifying' ones. Can't have Tulsi embarrassing The Candidate.

kngen

Quote from: Twed on August 28, 2019, 04:11:59 PM
Just going to assume that the DNC decides what polls are 'qualifying' ones. Can't have Tulsi embarrassing The Candidate.

Gabbard was pretty good value on Matt Taibbi's new podcast. Man, she does not like Kamala one bit.

mojo filters

Quote from: Twed on August 28, 2019, 04:11:59 PM

Of course! The notoriously sinister and conspiratorial Tom Perez with his small DNC staff, working out of two floors of a modest DC office building - managed to anticipate the exact metrics needed to exclude Gabbard yet closely risk including Steyer, when making their qualifying determinations many moons ago.

Clearly fairness would demand any and all polls to be eligible. A more equitable process could force Steve Kornacki to work extra hard, on his big board at 30 Rock - accounting for the uber niche NH1 daily poll, sample size 1, in which Bernie Sanders remarkably manages to get a 100% score every time.

Maybe some wag should suggest to the DNC some prima facie laughable and novel notion, whereby a process is put in place for folks interested in the democratic 2020 presidential candidate, to participate in some kind of state by state selection process?

To add further controversy to this clear injustice, perhaps it should be expected that candidates for the democratic 2020 presidential nomination attempt to appear on public platforms that will further their campaigns, via some kind of appeal to the public and/or eligible electorate, and have such consistently reflected via tried and tested sampling techniques?

Twed

Twed

Ferris

Gillibrand dropped out. Hickenlooper, Moulton, Gravel, Inslee etc already gone.

It'll come down to Biden, Warren and Sanders I reckon. My money on Warren who could split the difference between establishment and activists. End up losing in the general against trump unless the economy tanks.

EOLAN

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on August 29, 2019, 03:41:31 AM
Gillibrand dropped out. Hickenlooper, Moulton, Gravel, Inslee etc already gone.

It'll come down to Biden, Warren and Sanders I reckon. My money on Warren who could split the difference between establishment and activists. End up losing in the general against trump unless the economy tanks.

Depends how long Biden can hold for. Could see Harris/Buttigieg being his surrogate for the corporatist part of the party. Perhaps even Booker too. Think Warren and Sanders need to be competing and in the race until it closes down to 3-4 viable candidates and one wil have to then drop.

QDRPHNC

I wish Sanders had found more platforms like the Joe Rogan show, which would let him articulate his positions unfiltered to the masses. It really did seem to give him a boost for a few days.

Twed

That's always been the problem, and this is exactly why people raise the issue of media bias etc.

Last election CNN would show Trump's empty podium instead of a Bernie stump speech. And then they were all like "Russians elected Trump!". And now when Bernie suggests the media may not be doing their job with coverage, they just air the headline about how he's the same as Trump saying "fake news".

Fucked up.

Twed

"We should keep redoing the polls until we get the results we want"

Funcrusher

I just watched a YouTube vid called 'Bernie & Killer Mike: 2020'. It was ace, and Bernie was as inspirational and wise as usual, but was a bit disappointed that it wasn't him announcing Killer Mike as his running mate.

Hank Venture

Imagine how big of a lead Bernie would have if the media was for him rather than actively working against him. See te latest WaPo «fact check» debacle for just how blatant and desperate the media really is: https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/bernie-sanders-medical-bankruptcy-washington-post-fact-check-878120/

And today in «Democrats are controlled opposition» news: http://twitter.com/freedaaron/status/1167501748338155523

Twed

Hank Venture

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/09/05/joe_bidens_eye_appears_to_fill_with_blood_during_cnn_climate_change_town_hall.html

Biden's doing great, both mentally snd physically. Can't find any mention of this on MSNBC, CNN, New York Times, WaPo. Weird. Oh, well — not like the Dem establishment candidate running against Donald Trump ever had health problems dismissed out of hand before. No worries.

Mister Six

It's the Daily Caller, though. They're like Fox without the well-reasoned, balanced arguments.

Twed

Twed

https://twitter.com/NH_for_Warren/status/1170295074028212225

Warren campaign running with "she is a woman, ahhhhh" and making each sign into three signs on a stick so it looks like there are more supporters.

peanutbutter

Quote from: Twed on September 08, 2019, 05:42:10 PM
https://twitter.com/NH_for_Warren/status/1170295074028212225

Warren campaign running with "she is a woman, ahhhhh" and making each sign into three signs on a stick so it looks like there are more supporters.
It kinda works for me, surprisingly. I mean, it doesn't but it does kill the optics of there being a ton of empty space between each supporter.

Has anyone done it before?

Twed

It does work, that's what's so disappointing about it.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/cbs-news-battleground-tracker-2020-poll-elizabeth-warren-rises-as-joe-biden-clings-to-delegate-edge/

The news networks are ramping up their bullshit.

It's upsetting that people don't recognise that mainstream journalism involves manipulating current affairs.

Not entirely sure what the Warren animus is, tbh. She's pretty aligned with progressive goals, no?