Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:47:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

US Elections 2020 thread

Started by Twed, January 26, 2019, 08:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Best sandwich filling

Trump (R)
Sandford (R)
Walsh (R)
Weld (R)
Bennet (D)
Biden (D)
Booker (D)
Bullock (D)
Buttigieg (D)
Castro (D)
Delaney (D)
Gabbard (D)
Klobuchar (D)
Messam (D)
O'Rourke (D)
Ryan (D)
Sanders (D)
Sestak (D)
Steyer (D)
Warren (D)
Williamson (D)
Yang (D)
A Libertarian
A Green
One of the other ones
Moat (R)
Who fucking cares I dunno some cunt
Guntrip
Les Dennis
Eddie Large
Ralf Little
A musician or actor who think they can make a difference and will ultimately fail
Bensip Hammons
Castro
Gulf Holdall
Ham
Plain
Cook(D)
Bomb(D)

Mister Six

Quote from: Gulftastic on January 31, 2019, 05:58:33 PM
Mitch McConnell not even pretending that the GOP want fair elections any more.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mitch-mcconnell-democrats-voting-rights-bill_us_5c51ee80e4b04f8645c716ce

"GOP Senate leader admits Reputation party does not represent hard-working Americans."

Love how you only have to push a little bit for their awfulness to be fully and blatantly exposed. If only the Dems had been doing this kind of thing the last few decades.

Twed

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/cory-booker-president-run-2020_us_5c3fd648e4b0a8dbe16d7add

Now this shiny twat is officially running.

Sanders really did succeed in at least ostensibly pushing the party to the left, as they are all running under the promises of his previous campaign. I'm pretty sure the strategy is to pay lip service to anti-corporate ideas and then betray them in ways that look minor so that they don't really happen, though. Kamala's healthcare bullshit, which looked a bit like Medicare for All and then practically hours later revealing itself to be a way of making sure that any definition of "free" includes private insurers.

Twed

Cory Booker's main achievement is funneling Walmart money into charter schools targeting the black population.

Funcrusher

Twed

Good article. Unfortunately most people won't care to read all of that. I wish they could just print "beware these shiny twats" to catch people's attention.

Twed

Although actually, the headline they went with is pretty punchy (about as much as you could get away with).

Funcrusher

It's in Comment Is Free, so not an official Guardian position - they can still go for Hitlery or another centrist and start bollocking on about 'Bernie bros' again. We will see.

Mister Six

Twed

marquis_de_sad

I call her Skeletorhitler. Follow me for more satire.

marquis_de_sad

Do you know what I call Tony Blair? Tony B Cunt.

marquis_de_sad

Time is up for these radicruel pseudo-centrfists

marquis_de_sad

Gordon Brown? More like Gordon Clown (paedophile)

Funcrusher

That was well worth four posts in a row.

Squink

Is Cory Booker really that bad? He seems alright to me.

Quote from: Squink on February 01, 2019, 06:42:07 PM

Still one of the top recipients of Wall Street money in congress. And he loves those charter schools!

Funcrusher

It's depressing that there's a swarm of these fake progs, of which Booker is one it would seem - they all prove to have lousy voting records and a big appetite for corporate money on closer examination.

Twed

Of course he does - he's the affable face of neoliberalism and is running on a platform that (at least at face-value, right now) is appealing to the left. The fact that--that all of the current centrist favs--everything he has ever done previously contradicts that platform is the problem.

Do you trust Theresa May when she says nice things about the NHS?

https://politics.theonion.com/cory-booker-apologizes-to-wall-street-bankers-for-the-m-1832268385

Pijlstaart

Kamaliar Harris
Juliarn Castro
Kirsten Gilliarbrand
Liarncoln Chafee
Tuliarsi Gabbard
John Deliaraney
Eliarzabeth Warren

Can't do it with orange man though, can't make hay with old dolan, he's physically immense, and people are saying he's spiritually immense, that's what people are saying now, and, you know what they say with a guy that size, well, I won't say what people say about a guy that size, but people are saying it, and they're saying it in china too, very big thighs, bigly, big man, because that's where it's all happening, with the trade deals, he walks in and they're shocked, it's what they'll be talking about, he'll take up half the conference table and, he'll take up the conference table and, with the trade deals, they'll be reeling about, and  I have a feeling great things are in the works, because it was bordering on an emergency, let me tell you, it was an emergency, and obama didn't do anything, they ran rings around him, and let me tell you, he wasn't even at the conference table, he may as well not have been there, and china wasn't used to it, to trump, because trump does good business, he does good business, all the time, the best, and they were reeling under the conference table, china, let me tell you, and people are saying, let me tell you, people are saying trumps one of the best, and I think something bigly special is in the works, maybe one of the greatest trade deals , they say, maybe for ever, and coal jobs will come back, we'll be selling it to china, not like obama, he didn't sell anything, because he's not a businessman, he's very small, so small, and he's never been down those mines, and let me tell you, trumps been down those mines, he barely fit, so big, but he had to as it's the best coal, just the best, sublime, sitting there bigly and we're going to get those jobs back.

i have no idea why the idea of someone being 'spiritually immense' is making me laugh so much

Dog Botherer

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on February 01, 2019, 06:21:29 PM
Gordon Brown? More like Gordon Clown (paedophile)

best one, had a genuine lol at work

Twed

Yeah, he sure is ALL RIGHT!!!!

Right wing, that is!

Funcrusher

Just to address any concerns, I would like to make it clear that I have not intended to suggest any actual equivalency between failed American presidential candidate Hilary Clinton and German Nazi leader Adolf Hitler. Hope this helps.

Funcrusher

Mister Six

Warren's apologised to the Cherokee Nation for getting that DNA test and using it to claim Cherokee heritage, when they say tribal recognition is all that matters.

She's absolutely fucked if she goes up against Trump, isn't she? I've not really liked that criticism of her run up until now but it really does put her in an awkward position.

Twed

It is shaping up to be a hopeless campaign. Look at this train wreck: https://facts.elizabethwarren.com/

Just don't do that. Don't make a presidential campaign with a website that says "NO, ELIZABETH DOES NOT TAKE RISPERDAL" in big letters.

Mister Six

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT THE FUCK

why would you even acknowledge that shit