Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:21:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

US Elections 2020 thread

Started by Twed, January 26, 2019, 08:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Best sandwich filling

Trump (R)
Sandford (R)
Walsh (R)
Weld (R)
Bennet (D)
Biden (D)
Booker (D)
Bullock (D)
Buttigieg (D)
Castro (D)
Delaney (D)
Gabbard (D)
Klobuchar (D)
Messam (D)
O'Rourke (D)
Ryan (D)
Sanders (D)
Sestak (D)
Steyer (D)
Warren (D)
Williamson (D)
Yang (D)
A Libertarian
A Green
One of the other ones
Moat (R)
Who fucking cares I dunno some cunt
Guntrip
Les Dennis
Eddie Large
Ralf Little
A musician or actor who think they can make a difference and will ultimately fail
Bensip Hammons
Castro
Gulf Holdall
Ham
Plain
Cook(D)
Bomb(D)

Twed

Twed

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1170725761587826690

"Warren gains support but Biden retains delegate lead"

Look at this shit. Doing whatever they can to make it look like Biden already has a lead. It's worse than when they included superdelegates in the Clinton/Bernie race, as there hasn't been a single vote cast yet. And of course, Bernie isn't even mentioned. They are doing whatever they possibly can to influence results.

Urinal Cake

Two mediocre possibly senile old men arguing- can't wait!

Ferris

Quote from: Urinal Cake on September 09, 2019, 10:03:35 PM
Two mediocre possibly senile old men arguing- can't wait!

Ahem!

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on August 25, 2019, 12:39:17 AM
If I wanted to see confused old men yell at each other, I'd go to the park opposite the hospital.

marquis_de_sad

two old men shouting
voices obliterated
by the sound of waves

Twed

Quote from: Urinal Cake on September 09, 2019, 10:55:21 PM
Trump-Haley
Sounds like "Trump as president again" versus "being smashed to bits by a huge comet".

Ferris

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on September 09, 2019, 10:47:27 PM
two old men shouting
voices obliterated
by the sound of waves

That's very good. I remember in 3rd form our English master forced us to write a poem before we could leave for lunch. Some bright spark said "haikus, lads" and we all wrote 17 syllables and fucked off. What could he say? Haikus are proper poems sir, you were just telling us that the other day ha ha ha.

This single tin of beer I've had has made me a bit pissed. How has that happened? Pathetic.

Ferris

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on September 10, 2019, 12:49:43 AM
Wrong thread!

Sort of... one thread reminded me of the other and I fired my thinkpiece directly into this thread as a result. But it was intentional.

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on September 10, 2019, 01:35:19 AM
Sort of... one thread reminded me of the other and I fired my thinkpiece directly into this thread as a result. But it was intentional.

Oh sorry, I was actually just editing my post because I wrote something in here rather than the Boris Johnson thread. I wasn't roasting you like a Tory backbencher watching an old woman try to walk up an icy hill.

Ferris

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on September 10, 2019, 01:38:59 AM
Oh sorry, I was actually just editing my post because I wrote something in here rather than the Boris Johnson thread. I wasn't roasting you like a Tory backbencher watching an old woman try to walk up an icy hill.

ORDERRR! OOOOOOAAARDEAARGHHH!!

José

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on September 10, 2019, 12:45:22 AM
This single tin of beer I've had has made me a bit pissed. How has that happened? Pathetic.

skipped dinner?

Ferris

Quote from: José on September 10, 2019, 02:24:21 AM
skipped dinner?

Turkey burger and chips for tea. It's a mystery. I'm going to bed.

bgmnts

Left his balls in his purse.

I actually notice that though, if I have one beer/spirit/cider etc I will be hungover more the next morning. I think it's because you are only having one and so you forget to rehydrate whereas if you get leathered, and are sensible, you'll probably have a bit of water or may still have it in your system the next morning so its less shit.

Or you're just a pussy ass bitch.

Twed

He did the same thing with Theresa May. Twice: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/mix-up-biden-confuses-theresa-may-with-margaret-thatcher-for-second-time

It's sad to watch but absolutely brilliant in the grand scheme of things that the Dem's chosen one is an absolute write-off. If they push him through then it will be so beyond the pale that they'll lose all support and have to meet with some kind of reform.

bgmnts

Theresa May and Margaret Thatcher are interchangeable though.

kngen

Quote from: Twed on September 10, 2019, 05:14:31 PM
He did the same thing with Theresa May. Twice: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/mix-up-biden-confuses-theresa-may-with-margaret-thatcher-for-second-time

It's sad to watch but absolutely brilliant in the grand scheme of things that the Dem's chosen one is an absolute write-off. If they push him through then it will be so beyond the pale that they'll lose all support and have to meet with some kind of reform.

With every public appearance (and twisted brainwrong) a couple of points are shaved off his polling numbers. At this rate, even the DNC can't be brazen enough to keep propping him up until July next year, and hope that everyone goes 'eh, why not?'. (Of course, I say that now ...)

Twed

I really expect them to start pushing Harris or Warren very hard.

Warren has been meeting with Hillary Clinton a lot lately. What is the reason for that? Certainly not to strategise how to win an election against Trump.

Hank Venture

I think Biden is plan A, Harris plan B, and Warren plan C. Warren is interesting because she's different enough from Sanders to just palatable enough for the establishment, but similar enough to split the votes between Sanders and her.

Twed

And she is running on a lot of things that push the Democrats further left than they're comfortable with (not nearly far enough and the consistency leaves trust issues, as mentioned above). Harris is the one they want. Expect a few bones to be thrown to her in the form of debate questions.

EOLAN

Boris Johnson is just waiting to be mistakenly called Winston Churchill by Biden. Johnson will probably bribe a few of Biden's aides to subtly whisper Prime Minister Churchill around him.

marquis_de_sad

He'll probably just call him Benny Hill instead.

Twed

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/1172900150177685505

Saw this right after seeing a CNN headline saying "actually the general public like the way the US healthcare system currently works". Fucking rats.

Quote from: Twed on September 14, 2019, 05:34:18 PM
https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/1172900150177685505

Saw this right after seeing a CNN headline saying "actually the general public like the way the US healthcare system currently works". Fucking rats.

They should pay off all his debts via the campaign, what better publicity than that.

(But they probably won't - which isn't a criticism of Sanders, just that for the most part he has normal wonks running his multi-million-dollar campaign.)

Twed

To phrase it in wonk terms: That would promote band-aid, charitable solutions to institutional problems, which I think undermines the campaign's core messaging.

Quote from: Twed on September 14, 2019, 07:09:01 PM
To phrase it in wonk terms: That would promote band-aid, charitable solutions to institutional problems, which I think undermines the campaign's core messaging.

Then perhaps they shouldn't be using an individual person's misery to promote the campaign?

Twed

Huh? You want them to campaign for adequate healthcare by never referencing the fact that anybody is suffering under the current system?

Also, it'd be a straight-up violation of what few campaign finance laws are left on the books.