Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,343
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:38:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

US Elections 2020 thread

Started by Twed, January 26, 2019, 08:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Best sandwich filling

Trump (R)
Sandford (R)
Walsh (R)
Weld (R)
Bennet (D)
Biden (D)
Booker (D)
Bullock (D)
Buttigieg (D)
Castro (D)
Delaney (D)
Gabbard (D)
Klobuchar (D)
Messam (D)
O'Rourke (D)
Ryan (D)
Sanders (D)
Sestak (D)
Steyer (D)
Warren (D)
Williamson (D)
Yang (D)
A Libertarian
A Green
One of the other ones
Moat (R)
Who fucking cares I dunno some cunt
Guntrip
Les Dennis
Eddie Large
Ralf Little
A musician or actor who think they can make a difference and will ultimately fail
Bensip Hammons
Castro
Gulf Holdall
Ham
Plain
Cook(D)
Bomb(D)

chveik

Ferris

Quote from: chveik on September 21, 2019, 08:45:13 PM
why?

I go target shooting and clay pigeon shooting when I'm in the UK. Why? Because I grew up doing it, I suppose. I used to shoot full-bore rifle at county level when I was a nipper and am still quite a good skeet shooter (if a little rusty).

Fambo Number Mive

Is it shotguns you use? I know nothing about guns so sorry if this seems a silly question.

Ferris

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on September 21, 2019, 10:33:41 PM
Is it shotguns you use? I know nothing about guns so sorry if this seems a silly question.

I have a shotgun certificate and S1 certificate for rifles in the UK. Shotgun for clays, rifles for target shooting.

Twed

Could you wank on about guns in another thread please

machotrouts

Gentlemen, you can't wank on about guns in here. This is the US Elections 2020 thread!

Twed

Quote from: machotrouts on September 21, 2019, 11:20:23 PM
Gentlemen, you can't wank on about guns in here. This is the US Elections 2020 thread!
I made this joke about something in the "PHWOAR" thread and it received no praise, despite "PHWOAR" sounding like "WAR".

That's because I'd made the same 'PHWOAR room' joke months prior

Twed

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on September 21, 2019, 11:45:56 PM
That's because I'd made the same 'PHWOAR room' joke months prior
Well look at Richard Pryor here

rjd2

Ok guys settle the debate for me...

who is Carcetti,,,,Beto or Mayor Pete?

Ferris

Quote from: Twed on September 21, 2019, 10:59:55 PM
Could you wank on about guns in another thread please

Only if the money is right.

Quote from: Twed on September 21, 2019, 11:26:38 PM
I made this joke about something in the "PHWOAR" thread and it received no praise, despite "PHWOAR" sounding like "WAR".

It was a good joke, in fairness.

Twed

There is, without a doubt, a directive to give Bernie as little coverage as possible.

Ferris

>implying booker is not the real deal

I SHYGDDT

Mister Six

Quote from: rjd2 on September 22, 2019, 12:52:07 AM

Carcetti is Mayor Pete. Beto is the journalist who makes up some stories because he can't be arsed doing proper work in season 5.

Bernie is Lester.

Urinal Cake

Quote from: rjd2 on September 22, 2019, 12:52:07 AM

Carcetti is Mayor Pete- nice rhethoric but an over-educated asshole
Beto is McNulty- kind of a fuck up, heart is the right place most times, probably fun to hang with- women love him, adept but widely overestimates his own ability
Booker is Lester
Sanders is Omar
Warren is Pearlman

Ferris

Quote from: bgmnts on September 22, 2019, 02:56:17 AM
Who is Landsman?

He's the area lieutenant (under Colvin) in the western district during season 3, but that's not important right now.

Urinal Cake

I think this Hunter Biden-Ukraine thing could lead to less support for Biden which would be a good thing. Though then they'd be more money for Mayor Pete.

Twed

Mayor Pete would instigate a massive Demexit.

The only possible candidates now are Biden, Bernie, Warren and the jail one (temporarily forgot name).

Twed

Paul Calf

Buttigieg.

Buttigieg

Giggity.

He will not be president ever.

If you think that's shallow, I urge you to consider the last three years - the last three decades - of US, Western, world politics.

Twed

He's a wet blanket who everybody hates. No chance. Just like Beto his run is just a grift at this point.

Quote from: Twed on September 22, 2019, 12:41:20 AM
Well look at Richard Pryor here

I'd long since stopped using the joke because it's just a reminder of our own perceived wretchedness

Fambo Number Mive

Looks like the Democratic candidates had a good time at the Polk Country Fryup: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49785418

Senator Kamala Harris danced her way into the Steak Fry

Pijlstaart

Good old Joe's got some big forearms on him, furry veiny forearms, formidable. You'd have him doing busywork for you. Just a hairy, musclebound all-punching all-catholic guy's guy, enjoys his time off and puts in the hard graft when the time comes. He may have lost half a step in his old age, but he's still several steps ahead of most anyone about now. They built them hard as nails back in the day. Love if they dug up Corn Pop so Joe could do wrestling moves on the corpse and turn to the camera and say "This is what we do behind the gym to no goodnicks like you, Donald Trump and bernie sanders. Joe Biden and bernie sanders are the same height at the shoulder, but Joe Biden is taller overall because of his longer and regal head shape."

Twed

Mark my words, when the primaries start kicking off in earnest, you are going to see a lot of news stories about supposed problematic behaviour of Bernie supporters. The narrative is going to be "they are just the same as the Trump thugs".

Already they're doing the "his supporters criticised another candidate's policies, this is harassment". No you pricks, it's a primary. Just because it's something you don't understand (having values, standards, wanting to improve things) does not make it harassment. Expecting your candidates to have to EXPLAIN THEMSELVES is not harassment just because it's inconvenient.

peanutbutter

Quote from: Twed on September 23, 2019, 05:30:28 PM
Mark my words, when the primaries start kicking off in earnest, you are going to see a lot of news stories about supposed problematic behaviour of Bernie supporters. The narrative is going to be "they are just the same as the Trump thugs".
I mean, it's started into that pretty firmly on Twitter over the past week or so I've noticed.

Plus a few articles emerging like this https://jezebel.com/angelica-ross-left-twitter-after-a-weekend-of-harassmen-1838335413 which conflates a few critical responses from Sanders supporters with a barrage of MAGA ones.

Twed

I don't care how sophomoric I considered American Idiot in the past, I'm fucking listening to it right now.