Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:17:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

US Elections 2020 thread

Started by Twed, January 26, 2019, 08:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Best sandwich filling

Trump (R)
Sandford (R)
Walsh (R)
Weld (R)
Bennet (D)
Biden (D)
Booker (D)
Bullock (D)
Buttigieg (D)
Castro (D)
Delaney (D)
Gabbard (D)
Klobuchar (D)
Messam (D)
O'Rourke (D)
Ryan (D)
Sanders (D)
Sestak (D)
Steyer (D)
Warren (D)
Williamson (D)
Yang (D)
A Libertarian
A Green
One of the other ones
Moat (R)
Who fucking cares I dunno some cunt
Guntrip
Les Dennis
Eddie Large
Ralf Little
A musician or actor who think they can make a difference and will ultimately fail
Bensip Hammons
Castro
Gulf Holdall
Ham
Plain
Cook(D)
Bomb(D)

Urinal Cake

Buress was never really political. But I can't wait for his new right-wing material like Chapelle and Obama.

Twed

https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1190247303883440128

QuoteI am fighting for #MedicareForAll. I have the only detailed plan to pay for it.

Two lies in two sentences. This marks the start of her attacking Sanders (subtly). But it's a huge attack really. He's Mr. M4A and the lie that he hasn't laid out a plan to fund it is straight from the healthcare industry-funded news networks.

Twed

Urinal Cake

Who will annoy Buttegieg in debates now?

Quote from: Twed on November 01, 2019, 02:30:26 PM
https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1190247303883440128

Two lies in two sentences. This marks the start of her attacking Sanders (subtly). But it's a huge attack really. He's Mr. M4A and the lie that he hasn't laid out a plan to fund it is straight from the healthcare industry-funded news networks.
Neither plan is achievable unless there is some form of systematic change. The first problem is that Warren will compromise too often and too soon. The second is that Warren wants to do it within the current system while Sanders is willing to take it to the people as it were.

Twed

Exactly. It needs a fighter. Warren cannot do it.

Dex Sawash

honeychile

O'Rourke. Kudos for the Poochy joke cos it made me think of O'Rourke immediately.

Twed

Urinal Cake

H.Clinton has probably one of the worst political minds in history. Loses to Trump. Tries to bury Gabbard but instead giver her a bump. Please manage C.Clinton's run in 2024.

Twed

https://twitter.com/NColtrain/status/1190407355059429378

"Not me, Us" is the same thing as "lock her up", due to being three syllables.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Ferris

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on September 20, 2019, 03:22:10 PM
No, he doesn't seem to know why he's running and neither does anyone else. He's decided to become a single-issue campaign in the hopes of staying relevant enough to merit a cabinet position in the new administration. My point was that the issue he picked is not a strong one to campaign on outside of NYC and LA so it'll probably hasten the end of his campaign. Try telling farmers in Iowa or NH you want their guns and see how far your campaign goes.

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on September 21, 2019, 03:56:28 PM
Well, that's a bit of a misnomer. No civilians in the US own assault rifles. Some pre-'86 select fire rifles and lowers are owned by trusts with trustees in the US but they are exceptionally rare and require a lot of paperwork.

What you (and every politician under the sun) are talking about is semi-automatic rifles that don't have wooden stocks, and there are myriad owners of those in the rural US. A quick google reckons firearm ownership in Iowa is 50%, but those are registered firearms so I'd guess the actual number is much higher. Beto wants to pitch them on "I'll take away your private property" and he's free to do it, but it isn't going to work because taking all semi-auto rifles off every person in the US is a complete non-starter. You are talking about hundreds of millions or firearms.

He needs to focus on background checks, safe storage laws, and magazine capacity restrictions and then I'm with him. This is effective (and popular) harm reduction which will actually work based on the data available, rather than nonsensical promises.

Another winner for Ferris. He lasted 5 weeks after I said he was done and flailing about desperately.

Almost as if I know what I'm on about! Perish the thought.

Twed

But you keep misusing the word "misnomer". Misnomer means "wrong name".

Ferris

Quote from: Twed on November 02, 2019, 01:37:11 AM
But you keep misusing the word "misnomer". Misnomer means "wrong name".

Misapprehension? It's a misnomer in that the term "assault rifle" is misused and doesn't mean what people think it means. See point 2 quoted in my post.

Anyway that's by the by, my point was it was a stupid doubling down by Beto to stay relevant and it backfired in rural early states exactly as predicted.

beanheadmcginty

Don't know about anybody else, but I'm perfectly fine with people carrying around massive powerful guns as long as they aren't incorrectly named.

Urinal Cake

Trump called Beto a bastard who quit like a dog. He also half-jokingly complained the Al-Baghdadi dog got more attention/credit than he did.

I think the only option is for the Democrats is to nominate a dog and get the mental edge over Trump.

Dog Botherer

Trump notoriously hates dogs. probably wasn't joking about the dog getting more credit.

just fucking fuming in the white house bog, naked and shitting.

Ferris

Who hates dogs? That is fucking suspect

Paul Calf

Yeah, couldn't trust someone who hates dogs.

Thursday

I don't hate ALL dogs I just feel they need to do more to condemn the 2 dogs that bit me, and the one that scared me by charging at me from across a park.

Ferris

I've just got that "Betomania" is a pun on "Beatlemania".

Twed

I'm sure it was just an honest mistake that they assigned Bernie's first place 21% to Warren in both the graphic and the teleprompter

Simple error that just happens to match up with their biases and agenda

Twed

Quote from: Twed on November 02, 2019, 09:53:46 PM

I'm sure it was just an honest mistake that they assigned Bernie's first place 21% to Warren in both the graphic and the teleprompter

Simple error that just happens to match up with their biases and agenda
Jesus Christ it was their own poll too

Urinal Cake

https://mobile.twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1190800217110700032
QuoteAt Buttigieg's town hall in Decorah, he's talking a lot about the national service programs he wants to launch: climate corps, community improvement corps. His dream: When people apply for jobs etc, "the first question is where did you serve and what did you learn?"
Pete really is the person that your parents wish you became. Seems like a obsequious but boring and harmless fuck. And then later your parents stop talking about them and you find out  the guy was caught masturbating in public.

Twed

https://twitter.com/SenKamalaHarris/status/1191827713146982402

Meanwhile, here's Elizabeth Warren with a huge blow-up replica of her own dog Bailey, with a crowd that is honest-to-God chanting "Big Structural Bailey".

Twed

Also I'm a registered Democrat now. lol

Urinal Cake

The Dog Lobby is pretty strong. I'm pretty sure the Democrats can Dead Zone Trump by forcing him to let a puppy lick his face.
Look at him trying to convince his base that having a dog would make him look phony when they clearly want him to have one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8eu5VjALUQ

kngen

Quote from: Twed on November 06, 2019, 03:36:02 AM
a crowd that is honest-to-God chanting "Big Structural Bailey".

I heard about this second-hand, and presumed it was some kind of surreal satire, but no, it's real. This election is breaking people's brains.

EOLAN

Quote from: kngen on November 06, 2019, 01:13:50 PM
I heard about this second-hand, and presumed it was some kind of surreal satire, but no, it's real. This election is breaking people's brains.

For some reason the big structural Bailey is reminding me of the Wicker Man. Imagining Warren looking to trap and suffocate one of her main rivals inside the structure.

Famous Mortimer