Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:22:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

US Elections 2020 thread

Started by Twed, January 26, 2019, 08:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Best sandwich filling

Trump (R)
Sandford (R)
Walsh (R)
Weld (R)
Bennet (D)
Biden (D)
Booker (D)
Bullock (D)
Buttigieg (D)
Castro (D)
Delaney (D)
Gabbard (D)
Klobuchar (D)
Messam (D)
O'Rourke (D)
Ryan (D)
Sanders (D)
Sestak (D)
Steyer (D)
Warren (D)
Williamson (D)
Yang (D)
A Libertarian
A Green
One of the other ones
Moat (R)
Who fucking cares I dunno some cunt
Guntrip
Les Dennis
Eddie Large
Ralf Little
A musician or actor who think they can make a difference and will ultimately fail
Bensip Hammons
Castro
Gulf Holdall
Ham
Plain
Cook(D)
Bomb(D)

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: mojo filters on December 05, 2019, 11:00:22 PM
Well I'm not offended if my unfiltered ramblings are beyond the attention span of random readers.

Just lay off the speed.

Hundhoon

the fucking front runner cant string together a sentence, 77 year old, with the most tragic personal history enough to send anyone mental,almost Polanski bad,  i saw this unreal video of Biden it looks like stage 1 Alzheimers he looks lost, talking at a campaign event about being in a pool with kids sitting on his lap while his leg hairs turn blonde. with cockroaches or some shit, at a rally.
you would not even consider him for the role of a CEO of a large company. its interesting how its different for president,
its almost like the donor class want an ineffectual puppet, Bernie would kick them all out.

Mister Six

Pete Buttigieg has announced that people who decline to eat at infamously homophobic fried chicken shack Chick-fil-A are "virtue signalling".

His only role is to make smug liberals feel even smugger for supporting the gay ployglot, so if he's going to attack "virtue signalling" he'd better watch his fucking step.

Also, someone check his campaign cheques for grease stains and batter crumbs.

Urinal Cake

Mayor Pete is there to make smug, patronising baby boomers and gen xers feel good about themselves. The 'leftists' that hate identity politics because it's confusing and a hassle. Not because it gets in the way of class and labour politics. It's because now they have to do diversity training, now they can't even stereotype minorities in a positive way, now they have to worry how ethically and environmentally  produced their thousand dollar desk is. Going against a Chick-fil-A ban is on brand. Why should you walk a few more feet for subpar chicken because of gay guilt younger people put on you?

Buttigieg the son that accepts you the way you are.

Also Warren attacking Buttigieg is good. Let's see who blinks first.

Hank Venture

http://twitter.com/PrettyGoodPhil/status/1203350790590664705

This fucking little snake. How Mayor Pete has any appeal to anyone is beyond me.

Urinal Cake

McKinsey-CIA Pete looks like he's in trouble. About time. Though looking at employment records will blow up in most people's faces hopefully taking out Bloomberg, Booker and also Warren.

Dewt

Quote from: mojo filters on December 05, 2019, 11:00:22 PM
Well I'm not offended if my unfiltered ramblings are beyond the attention span of random readers.
lol shut up bitch

Urinal Cake

McKinsey was supposed to be a showcase of Pete's intelligence. Now it's just the first job he fell into- just a grunt following orders.

Which nobody really buys because he was magna cum laude and had the choice to go anywhere. Motherfucker chose to be a heartless bastard and until recently was proud of it. Meanwhile Warren's corporate work gets very little press.  Warren finally shows some political nous.

Cuellar

Pete Buttigieg is one of the most American names I can think of. People think 'American Name' means something Chuck Johnson, or Hank Chuckson, but it's not, it's unpronouncable mitteleuropean immigrant name, isn't it?

Reince Priebus, Pete Buttigieg

kngen

Quote from: Cuellar on December 11, 2019, 09:47:50 AM
Reince Priebus

I've been saying 'Prince Rebious' for so long now that his actual name looks jarringly incorrect whenever I see it.

Dewt

The lengths they will go to avoid saying that Bernie is polling in second place

Mister Six

Really hoping Biden continues to fuck everything up for himself. Please, please, please, please...

Dewt

Either he loses and we get Bernie or he gets shoveled in and yellow vests start appearing in the US, I think.

Urinal Cake

I can buy the Chapo guys take that a Biden and Trump debate as well as a a Biden and Trump sons debate would be great and hilarious. But I don't think Joe will be a passive presence once President because of a stalemate in congress. I can see him easily fucking shit up being overly aggressive and egotistical in foreign relations.

phantom_power

Quote from: Dewt on December 12, 2019, 03:21:21 AM

The lengths they will go to avoid saying that Bernie is polling in second place

They really do seem to be implying that Butterkeg is in second with that picture

Dewt

Cuellar

Urinal Cake

Across the spectrum blackout. Though the left clearly learnt their lesson from giving Trump oxygen.
If Sanders wins the nomination I assume it going to be, 'Better the devil you know' argument.

Urinal Cake

All the Dems need to think about immigration.It's going to fuck them over again.

Quote from: Urinal Cake on December 13, 2019, 02:05:15 AM
All the Dems need to think about immigration.It's going to fuck them over again.

No Border, No Wall, No USA at All.

Urinal Cake

Corbyn now this shit trying to smear Sanders using Uygur. The biggest progressive media voice in the US who happens to be a bit sexist and anti-fundamentalist.

QuoteBernie Sanders withdrew his endorsement of California congressional candidate Cenk Uygur on Friday following reports about the online talk show host making crude and degrading comments about women and provocative statements about Jews, Muslims and other groups.
https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2019-12-12/bernie-sanders-endorses-cenk-uygur-young-turks?_amp=true&__twitter_impression=true
It's already  fucking started.

Loving this guy on Twitter who made a fake Mike Bloomberg dance video and has been running with it as half the media thinks it is real and that they fired him for it: https://twitter.com/nickciarelli/status/1205354210465742848

Dewt

Clever because they attached the #DropOutBloomberg to the drama surrounding it, causing it to trend

Urinal Cake

https://twitter.com/neeratanden/status/1206247532038381568
QuoteWhat you will never hear on this website but is true in this poll and previous ones: building a wall is more popular than single payer health care
By 3%. The implication seems to be much like in the UK that immigration is more important than healthcare to voters. Even though the context is totally different and 68% want atleast a Medicare option.

Corbyn's loss has all the political nerds riled up. They want to spill blood before the actual primaries. Cut away key policies and take out base support. Luckily most voters don't really give a fuck about Corbyn and the UK. American exceptionalism finally is a positive.

Zetetic

Can someone give me a straightforward, to the point of being painfully patronising, explanation why no US state has managed to implement single-payer healthcare?

(I intend "single-payer" broadly - any state-led public universal option is what I mean.)

QDRPHNC

Quote from: Zetetic on December 15, 2019, 10:01:18 PM
Can someone give me a straightforward, to the point of being painfully patronising, explanation why no US state has managed to implement single-payer healthcare?

Cunts.

Urinal Cake

Because historically healthcare was the provision of employers? Why would a state want to pay for something it doesn't have to?

Zetetic

Well, one answer might be "there has never been a mandate to do so" but 1) that doesn't seem to be entirely true and 2) that's not really a sufficiently thorough explanation either under the circumstances.