Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:37:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

US Elections 2020 thread

Started by Twed, January 26, 2019, 08:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Best sandwich filling

Trump (R)
Sandford (R)
Walsh (R)
Weld (R)
Bennet (D)
Biden (D)
Booker (D)
Bullock (D)
Buttigieg (D)
Castro (D)
Delaney (D)
Gabbard (D)
Klobuchar (D)
Messam (D)
O'Rourke (D)
Ryan (D)
Sanders (D)
Sestak (D)
Steyer (D)
Warren (D)
Williamson (D)
Yang (D)
A Libertarian
A Green
One of the other ones
Moat (R)
Who fucking cares I dunno some cunt
Guntrip
Les Dennis
Eddie Large
Ralf Little
A musician or actor who think they can make a difference and will ultimately fail
Bensip Hammons
Castro
Gulf Holdall
Ham
Plain
Cook(D)
Bomb(D)

rjd2

https://twitter.com/page88/status/1218946004692742147

The red scare will definitely step up next few months. I wouldn't mock Virginia,,,her and her fellow resistance@! ilk seem to have sway across the media.

Also the Shapiro "endorsement"...he mocked an incredibly dumb take of hers but supposedly fine with Sanders. Anyone who follows him will know a huge chunk of his tweets are slagging of Bernie, AOC etc. He'd be disgusted to be accused of having pro Bernie feelings.

Also absurd when you consider how popular the likes of Rick Wilson, Kristol, Boot, Rubin etc are with her sort of crowd who have been awful much longer than Ben.

rjd2

duplicate.

Urinal Cake

It's similar to the Gabbard smear. Reduced foreign role = allows Putin to win.

rjd2

https://www.lennyletter.com/story/hillary-clinton-is-more-than-a-president

Oh Christ.

Yeah clearly a sizable pro Clinton base in the media who fixated on Vlad after there queen lost, so its going to be tough for Bernie to fight this off. Unsurprisingly they lean towards Warren for 2020.

Urinal Cake

Sanders was never going to get Clinton's blessing/endorsement easily so why would her proxies do so? Also her appeal is narrow.
The big one is Obama, a lot of people Democrats still like him.

Dog Botherer

Heffernan is a complete crank who would have no platform in a functioning media.

she'll probably be a WaPo opinion columnist within 2 months.

pcsjwgm

Race-baiting from Joe Biden:
QuoteTHREAD:Wilmington Morning News,1986,excerpts a 1970 interview where Biden complained some "friends on the left" will justify "5 colored guys" killing a "white deaf mute" "for a nickel" but won't do the same for "redneck AL farmers" who "tarred & feathered" an "old colored woman."
https://mobile.twitter.com/KindAndUnblind/status/1218759684020219904

Dog Botherer

genuinely can't recall a positive story about Biden since he entered the race.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Funcrusher on January 19, 2020, 07:37:24 PM
Can anyone explain why Warren isn't totally cancelled? As far as I can understand she pretended to be Native American Rachel Dolezal blackface style to get ahead in her career.

At least Dolezal gave back to the community. And she grew up with (adopted) black siblings. She actually has more credibility than Warren.

Urinal Cake

Quote from: Dog Botherer on January 20, 2020, 02:17:34 AM
genuinely can't recall a positive story about Biden since he entered the race.
The biggest story is that Biden played dutiful deputy to Obama's Sheriff.

Dog Botherer

to be fair it is the funniest possible thing they could have done.

Seems pretty embarrassing for Warren, that they couldn't just straight endorse her but had to throw in a backup.

Yeah really difficult not to see this as essentially just hedging on Warren

Although my pet theory about the NY Times is that a massive percentage of their revenue (large enough that they are dependent on it for survival) is generating hate clicks for having the most idiotic Op-Ed columnists in the world who deliberately write things to trigger people online.

If they really just wanted Sanders to lose they would have endorsed Biden.

Urinal Cake

The pull of Buttigieg must've been huge but lack of black support killed him.

Now I want Obama to endorse both Biden and Buttigieg. Bros being bros.

pcsjwgm

I haven't read the NYT article yet, so I thought this tweet was a joke, but I checked and this is actually in there:
QuoteWait, the NYT endorsement actually victim-blames Klobuchar staff for being abused. Am I reading this right?

"Reports of how Senator Klobuchar treats her staff give us pause. They raise serious questions about her ability to attract and hire talented people."
https://twitter.com/jbenmenachem/status/1219115641006968837

Urinal Cake

It's not really victim blaming it's diminishing her acts to being 'tough' when really she acts like a dick. The eating salad with a comb episode is some bizarre and narcissistic shit.
Actually I think it's NYT just giving good workplace advice to her. Be a nice boss and you'll attract the best people for the country.

Dewt

Quote from: Dog Botherer on January 20, 2020, 04:59:01 AM
to be fair it is the funniest possible thing they could have done.
Trying to figure out if this would be funnier than endorsing Yang

Dewt

I know I shouldn't invoke Newbridge but a few of you have probably come across that fucking horse centrist buffoon and oh boy are they two peas in a pod

space course horse to horse

Dewt

Ferris

Phil_A

A timely excoriation of the appalling ghoul Bloomberg from the excellent Renegade Cut channel. (He's also done similar videos covering Gabbard, Buttigieg and Biden)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqiRvjKhNm4

Cuellar

Just watched that and now watching the Buttigieg one - THAT'S how you pronounce this guy's name?! Booty-jej? What in the name of god is going on over there.

imitationleather

Quote from: Cuellar on January 20, 2020, 03:23:02 PM
Just watched that and now watching the Buttigieg one - THAT'S how you pronounce this guy's name?! Booty-jej? What in the name of god is going on over there.

I read some article on one of those millions of opinion sites they have now which said something like "Pete seems like the perfect presidential candidate, with his european surname."

I was like "lulwut? Pete Buttgieg is a name that could only ever exist in America."

chveik

Blumf

Dewt

We're not supposed to talk about TFM.

Cuellar

How do you make a Maltese Cross?

Ask him questions about his closed-door millionaire fundraisers

BADOOM