Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:18:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

US Elections 2020 thread

Started by Twed, January 26, 2019, 08:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Best sandwich filling

Trump (R)
Sandford (R)
Walsh (R)
Weld (R)
Bennet (D)
Biden (D)
Booker (D)
Bullock (D)
Buttigieg (D)
Castro (D)
Delaney (D)
Gabbard (D)
Klobuchar (D)
Messam (D)
O'Rourke (D)
Ryan (D)
Sanders (D)
Sestak (D)
Steyer (D)
Warren (D)
Williamson (D)
Yang (D)
A Libertarian
A Green
One of the other ones
Moat (R)
Who fucking cares I dunno some cunt
Guntrip
Les Dennis
Eddie Large
Ralf Little
A musician or actor who think they can make a difference and will ultimately fail
Bensip Hammons
Castro
Gulf Holdall
Ham
Plain
Cook(D)
Bomb(D)

Paul Calf

A democracy where the political leaders cheat taxpayers out of money, indulge in open corruption selling off state assets that their voters paid for, espouse proto-fascist policies and actually fuck children without an ounce of comeback.

I wonder what sort of topia would be sufficiently dys to make these cunts stand up and demand change.

Oh yeah...a customs agreement with our nearest neighbours.

Cuellar

I mean yes, the UK obviously has its enormous failings, but at the very least you don't end up in prison for having the audacity to get ill.

BlodwynPig

Urinal Cake is taking the piss

Urinal Cake

But polls and journalism  are still better than some literary wankery for predicting election results. Especially ahistorical literary wankery that is wrapped up in some ephemeral narrative of nationhood.

Yes polls got Biden wrong and people especially progressive people (using journalists ) knew that Biden should or would collapse. Very few people would've predicted he fell as far and as soon as he did.

Sanders won, he's the front runner especially with all the diverse States coming up ahead. Sanders needs big wins. A bunch of narrow victories aren't going to give him a big enough delegate lead into the convention.

Sin Agog

Quote from: Urinal Cake on February 12, 2020, 09:57:47 PM
But polls and journalism  are still better than some literary wankery for predicting election results. Especially ahistorical literary wankery that is wrapped up in some ephemeral narrative of nationhood.

OK, fine.  I amend my post to England had a revolution so early that it sated our need to have a real one when it actually counted.

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: Urinal Cake on February 12, 2020, 09:57:47 PM

Yes polls got Biden wrong and people especially progressive people (using journalists ) knew that Biden should or would collapse. Very few people would've predicted he fell as far and as soon as he did.

Sanders won, he's the front runner especially with all the diverse States coming up ahead. Sanders needs big wins. A bunch of narrow victories aren't going to give him a big enough delegate lead into the convention.

It would be shocking if you don't know how often the people who compile polls have almost not interest whatsoever to accurately find how voters might think about voting and instead use these things to form a narrative to sway people.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Urinal Cake on February 12, 2020, 08:25:10 PM

The UK Left failed catastrophically but the Sanders campaign does seem to know what it's doing and should be okay. I don't think they'll take things for granted like people on this site do.

Quote from: Urinal Cake on February 12, 2020, 08:25:10 PM
So far cranks like biggytitbo and I have been mostly correct when it comes to political results on this site. So I'll take that as a positive.

Why do so many people develop a persecution complex from posting on here?

Urinal Cake

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on February 12, 2020, 11:25:04 PM
It would be shocking if you don't know how often the people who compile polls have almost not interest whatsoever to accurately find how voters might think about voting and instead use these things to form a narrative to sway people.
That's why people use averages, weight them differently according to history, other data etc. Polls aren't great but they're the best most of us have even after numerous failures regarding Brexit, Trump and other elections. Internal polling is probably slightly better because people's paychecks really depend on their correctness.

Also this site especially the politics side is a bit of a circle jerk. That's okay when it comes to politicians and policy but election time it's a bit embarrassing. Corbyn made a lot of people look like nutters. Arguing with a couple of a people by myself  is tiring. Bring back biggytitbo and Milverton and that other guy I can't remember.

Paul Calf

Titbo's migrated to Twitter where he's bravely defending Trump, Boris Johnson and his cabinet and Nigel Farage. So no.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Paul Calf on February 13, 2020, 12:09:37 AM
Titbo's migrated to Twitter where he's bravely defending Trump, Boris Johnson and his cabinet and Nigel Farage. So no.

*tears*

Urinal Cake

Biggytitbo is a much better person than I am. He is a true believer. Like your Linehan.
I am just cynical. I see numbers, shift and go to the winning side.  I am in a small way like your Ianuuci.

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: Paul Calf on February 13, 2020, 12:09:37 AM

why did you go looking for him?

Paul Calf

He pops up a lot in my replies. No idea why.