Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:17:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

US Elections 2020 thread

Started by Twed, January 26, 2019, 08:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Best sandwich filling

Trump (R)
Sandford (R)
Walsh (R)
Weld (R)
Bennet (D)
Biden (D)
Booker (D)
Bullock (D)
Buttigieg (D)
Castro (D)
Delaney (D)
Gabbard (D)
Klobuchar (D)
Messam (D)
O'Rourke (D)
Ryan (D)
Sanders (D)
Sestak (D)
Steyer (D)
Warren (D)
Williamson (D)
Yang (D)
A Libertarian
A Green
One of the other ones
Moat (R)
Who fucking cares I dunno some cunt
Guntrip
Les Dennis
Eddie Large
Ralf Little
A musician or actor who think they can make a difference and will ultimately fail
Bensip Hammons
Castro
Gulf Holdall
Ham
Plain
Cook(D)
Bomb(D)

Twed

The nicest thing I can say is that I hope your bubble bursts. Not to spite you, but because everything you defend is crippling to a populace that you don't understand.

Crooked Media are not of the left but rather of the liberal centre, and they share many of the same deficiencies of liberal news media i.e. too much Russiagate coverage, inability to accept and therefore properly represent the popularity of a policy like medicare for all, reluctance to truly scrutinise establishment candidates because they would like them to appear on the show, etc. etc.

Mister Six

Mojo, I do enjoy your posts for the most part (although I'm a fellow foul media monster so may be predisposed to such), but you're making me raise my eyebrows here. It may be useful to know how you define "left" vs "centre" here, and which politicians you think are in which bracket.

chveik

Quote from: mojo filters on May 07, 2019, 12:47:58 AM
I enjoy a healthy and robust debate, when backed up with substantive evidence and grownup commentary. Childish insults are not worth dignifying.

I bet you do, you dirty old bollocks

kngen

Furthermore I see no need to cite my number of years in the trade, as part of some pissing contest to shallowly attempt to validate and elevate my own status. To do so in the same breath as attempting to de-legitimise respectable media outlets has the hollow whiff of hypocrisy.

Oh Christ, you're still at college, aren't you? Or interning at the very least. Otherwise you'd be able to make your long, rambling and flimsy point a little bit more concise. And also have the awareness that the 'pissing contest to shallowly attempt to validate and elevate my own status' is generally what this whole charade is built on. Well, that and a decent contact book - how's yours looking, sweetcheeks?

marquis_de_sad

Furthermore I see no need to cite my number of years in the trade, as part of some pissing contest to shallowly attempt to validate and elevate my own status. To do so in the same breath as attempting to de-legitimise respectable media outlets has the hollow whiff of hypocrisy.

Quote from: mojo filters on May 06, 2019, 05:24:14 PM
This is not an elitist tract, such as to suggest that those of us with blue check-marked Twitter accounts or mainstream media affiliations should be considered to have any kind of superior status within any public debate.

Really enjoying this new parody account. Perfectly captures the prolix bluster of someone who has no idea what they're doing.

Twed

I don't know what it is about the name "mojo filters" but it made me expect them to be CaB old guard. Turns out the account is less than a year old and has spent half its time creaming over Beto.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Twed on May 07, 2019, 03:49:01 PM
I don't know what it is about the name "mojo filters" but it made me expect them to be CaB old guard.

I did the same thing. Was wondering why MojoJojo was talking like a twitter AI bot.

Twed

kngen

Avert your eyes, Mojo, lest you have an attack of the vapors!

Twed

Biden rally. But the polls say it's all over for Bernie, right?

Twed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rkoqglq9dU

Biden's 1988 presidential bid came to an end shortly after he was caught stealing speeches from NEIL KINNOCK.
Incredible. Society really does like giving certain kinds of people multiple chances.

Mister Six

Positive article about Sanders from CNN. They alerted it, too. Have they seen the way the wind is blowing? Are they hedging their bets?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/07/politics/kfile-bernie-sanders-vermont-1970s/index.html

Urinal Cake

Biden should stall. There's a historic precedent that VPs are unpopular presidential nominees. Too gaffe prone- caressing girls & women, telling black men to take Aids tests & rubber up etc

His main supporters who to be fair include people in establishment news outlets seem to be supporting him out of Clinton/Obama nostalgia. Fucking nostalgia. At least Trump voters had real ambition to turn back the clock to the 1950s.

Twed

Quote from: Mister Six on May 08, 2019, 03:51:56 AM
Positive article about Sanders from CNN. They alerted it, too. Have they seen the way the wind is blowing? Are they hedging their bets?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/07/politics/kfile-bernie-sanders-vermont-1970s/index.html
You get the occasional one for "balance", like with The Guardian. When they stop being scummy I'll give them credit, but not for throwing the occasional bone.

EOLAN

Quote from: Urinal Cake on May 08, 2019, 04:23:05 AM
At least Trump voters had real ambition to turn back the clock to the 1950s.

Although Eisenhower (and Truman) are probably the most opposite presidents in personality to the orange buffoon ((c) Nick Wiger)

Twed

This old article has surfaced: when posed with a question about why schools perform better in different regions, Biden chose to answer "well, there are less black and minority children at the good ones".

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/10/25/biden-stumbles-over-education-question/

The most charitable interpretation of this is that he's saying those communities are disadvantaged and get worse education. But even with that, it's clear that he's incapable of communicating with people from 2019 (or even 2007) and should not be a presidential front-runner.

I firmly believe that Biden's 1992-era politics are considered a feature of his candidacy by top-level political/media/corporate figures. If they can get away with this guy winning then they've reset the clock on the pesky invasion of politics designed to serve people.

Twed

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/kamala-harris-medicare-all-includes-illegal-aliens

Really funny trying to watch Kamala try to please both voters and donors at the same time.

"Access to".

Howj Begg

Quote from: Twed on May 08, 2019, 08:38:08 PM
This old article has surfaced: when posed with a question about why schools perform better in different regions, Biden chose to answer "well, there are less black and minority children at the good ones".

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/10/25/biden-stumbles-over-education-question/

The most charitable interpretation of this is that he's saying those communities are disadvantaged and get worse education. But even with that, it's clear that he's incapable of communicating with people from 2019 (or even 2007) and should not be a presidential front-runner.

I firmly believe that Biden's 1992-era politics are considered a feature of his candidacy by top-level political/media/corporate figures. If they can get away with this guy winning then they've reset the clock on the pesky invasion of politics designed to serve people.

Completely. He's a racist, he doesn't give a fuck about looming environmental catastrophe ("middle ground" deal, bleurgh), he's a walking personal space violation, he is out to enrich himself and his family, he is wrong on EVERY POLICY MATTER. He needs to die.

Paul Calf

Edit: Biden didn't use those words. Ignore me.

Fambo Number Mive

One of the many issues with Trump is he makes terrible candidates like Biden look good by comparison to superficial liberals/centrists.

Twed

I was going to book this exact venue for a tech conference event work was holding but had to change it because the capacity was only 150. All we did was put up an eventbrite page for pre-registration and we exceeded the limit. No advertising or anything.

Not a problem for the Biden campaign, who can't fill that room even though they have donor millions.

Twed

Paul Calf

Urinal Cake

Looks like Alabama is making sure right-wingers will have to vote for Trump due to their 'moral values' regarding Roe v Wade.

Also with Trump fighting Commies in South America and defending Ithe Jews against Iran in the ME looks like he's making sure everybody is ready to play Right-Wing Bingo for the election.

Squink

De Blasio running.

It's looking nailed on for Biden at the present time. Desolation. Still a long way to go.

Fambo Number Mive

Trump versus Biden.

Ugh. Whoever wins, America loses.

Twed

Quote from: Squink on May 16, 2019, 02:25:57 PM
It's looking nailed on for Biden at the present time. Desolation. Still a long way to go.
Only by polls that only sample people over 50. Something Bernie has pointed out himself. Bernie is ahead in polls that use data science instead of dogma.

The stomach-churning thing about that is that every news network is complicit in very loudly sharing those polls with no qualification. It's propaganda.

Look at the other metrics. Biden can barely fill a room. Bernie wins on better-sampled polls.

Bernie wins if voter turnout is high. The point of the polls in the news right now is to make everybody feel that the Biden will inevitably win and nobody should bother challenging him.

Twed

Quote from: Squink on May 16, 2019, 02:25:57 PM
De Blasio running.
It's almost as if the Democrats are running as many people as they can so they can do sneaky things with delegate splits if a progressive draws ahead in the primaries.