Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:02:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Biggest Gulf Between Vocal Talents of Duet Partners

Started by Satchmo Distel, January 27, 2019, 01:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

I will not hear a bad word said about Getting Away With It.

Endicott

Quote from: Satchmo Distel on January 27, 2019, 01:56:54 AM
Put forward on that thread (not with universal approval):
Aretha Franklin and George Michael

Don't get this one. Aretha's got a great voice.

buzby

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 29, 2019, 05:01:00 PM
I will not hear a bad word said about Getting Away With It.
Yes, I should have made it clear that there's nothing wrong with Getting Away With It - it's more a partnership of equals regarding the vocals,  but it's a fantastic song and Tennant's voice and delivery suit the track and complement Bernard's perfectly.

Corgan's whining delivery spoils Turn My Way - it's not my favourite song off Get Ready (it's better than Rock The Shack, though) but the original Corganless version (Shipwreck Of A Broken Man) from the Get Ready rough mixes is better.

Funcrusher

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on January 29, 2019, 10:00:25 AM
What about Squeeze? Tilbrook clearly has the better voice but I do really enjoy Difford's nasal almost flat Sarf London warble. And they compliment each other in such away that you always know it's Squeeze and that they are utterly unique. Ignore this post.

Hall & Oates crossed my mind. The gulf in vocal dexterity is obvious when you hear Oates performing lead on his 2 or 3 tracks per album, but it does work when they interchange parts and especially when they sing together, eg the verse lines in She's Gone. Ignore this post as well.