Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:49:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Rugby League 2019

Started by dr beat, January 27, 2019, 05:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dr beat

Anyone watch Millom v Red Star Belgrade? The Serbian side looked a bit naive and didn't have much time with the ball, but they defended well and deserved a couple of tries. Home side coped better with the conditions.

mikeyg27

Quote from: dr beat on January 27, 2019, 05:58:52 PM
Home side coped better with the conditions.

I just saw the video of the opening kick-off. Seems the game was played in some sort of gale.

I just want the Broncos to win a game. That would be nice. Actually, I'd like them to win every game, including the Challenge Cup final and the Grand Final, but I just don't see that as plausible.

Gulftastic

My hopes for the season:
1) some half way entertaining rugby from my Rhinos.
2) finishing in the top 8
3) Maybe a Challenge Cup win

mikeyg27

2021 World Cup venues announced.

Fairly ambitious, but should they should get decent crowds with enough marketing (I think the last RLWC here was done by people outside the RFL which explains a lot). And the Emirates is a great shout. A game I can walk to!

dr beat

Yes the Emirates is a great choice - I noticed one or two moans on TotalRL about it not going to Wembley, but I think the Emirates is much easier to get to from Central London.  Suits fans coming into London and Londoners. 

I would have liked a few more games in the South, but Coventry should work.

Mr Eggs

Oh dear, Ben Barba. Oh deary, deary me.

Old Thrashbarg

Well, that was an annoying last 10 seconds. Ah well, positive that it was that close I suppose, given the number of starters Hull had out.

Gulftastic

KR got a good one in Keihorst. I was gutted that Leeds let him go. There are other players I would have sacked off before him.

Gulftastic

Fucking dogshit from Leeds. The first four games look like yielding zero points if this continues.

mikeyg27

Super League's fucking easy, mate.

In all seriousness, that's the exact sort of game the Broncos have to win if they want to have even the slighter prayer of staying up.

Gulftastic

That's more like it. Still a few things to work on, but you could see the confidence pouring back into Leeds. After stinkers last week, Walker and Watkins were both excellent.

dr beat

You may have seen today's news about Widnes.

We didn't think it was that bad.

I might have to walk away from this game just to save myself.

Deanjam

Quote from: dr beat on February 22, 2019, 08:55:23 PM
You may have seen today's news about Widnes.

We didn't think it was that bad.

I might have to walk away from this game just to save myself.

Sad news. Can't say I know what's gone on there but from what I've read it sounds like another case of dodgy owners.

Old Thrashbarg

Well, I wasn't expecting this score.

Deanjam

I know the talk will all be about Leeds, but Wakefield were really good. If they get lucky with injuries they could have a very good season.

Gulftastic

Fucking shit. Very annoying evening

Gulftastic

It's going to be a long season.

Deanjam

Ronalado

who team will win the ragby league?

RONALADO PLAY THE BOL FIRST

NEw era? MISTER marouane KOKASH is good friend of RONALADO. we will see what happen.

dr beat

Does Ronalado want to give Widnes mucho dinero?

Widnes is nice place.

Has a Pound Bakery might do natas if ask nice.

Ronalado

Derec BOMON tell me a story about WINDES cemicals club. for RONALADO is a qestion:

dr beat

dr beat

Is It wat is Windes Pound Bakery natas like? A: Is good!

Windes Spoons do bacalhau. Is good! Honestly not pollock. For nao.

dr beat

Derec BUMUNT is bad meninho.

Ronalado

patrick AH VAN is same as rude van NILTEROOY?

mikeyg27

Mr Eggs

The management job at Wigan without George Williams next season must be looking fucking glorious.

Gulftastic

My Rhinos are in a death spiral. I see no way out. Catalans away next, then Cas. We're fucked.

mikeyg27

Quote from: Mr Eggs on March 16, 2019, 03:16:04 AM
The management job at Wigan without George Williams next season must be looking fucking glorious.

Talking of which, this Shaun Edwards thing seems to be be turning out marvellously for all sides involved!

Gulftastic

Fuck off, Ferris. Just fuck off.