Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:41:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Rugby League 2019

Started by dr beat, January 27, 2019, 05:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Eggs

dr beat

Anyone watching Bradford v Halifax? Proper old school game.

dr beat

Gulftastic

Really enjoyed that one. As you say, 8 point try! Yonks since I saw one of them.

Gulftastic

Got piss wet through walking back to the train station after the match but didn't care after that Leeds performance. Actual character and heart on display.

Gulftastic

Blahdy 'ell. What happened at that there London? Our win on Friday looks like it was even more important now.

mikeyg27

We're still going down, but this season has been more fun than our last five-or-so SL campaigns combined.

Mr Eggs

Quote from: Gulftastic on June 09, 2019, 04:55:42 PM
Blahdy 'ell. What happened at that there London? Our win on Friday looks like it was even more important now.

Pies squeaking past HK did your mob a good turn.

Gulftastic

I'll say it again, FUCK OFF BRETT FERRIS.

mikeyg27

Man, the Broncos sure are making it hard to get relegated, which is awkward because it's definitely happening.

Old Thrashbarg

That felt like one of the best basement-dweller games I think I've seen in Super League. Both teams were actually good, mostly, offering a lot more than the bottom one or two have in other seasons that I can remember.

mikeyg27

Yeah, there's no completely dross waste-of-space team this year. But I don't think there's any outstanding teams either. The closest would be Saints and Warrington but do you really trust either of them at the business end of the season? Basically, this year is all middling.

Gulftastic

Quote from: mikeyg27 on June 21, 2019, 06:01:33 PM
Yeah, there's no completely dross waste-of-space team this year. .

Hold our beers.

mikeyg27

I so, so nearly put an [insert Leeds joke here] for you.

mikeyg27

Well, Leeds are certainly showing me!

Gulftastic

Don't ever doubt me again. When I tell you what an appalling team we are, I speak from experience.

mikeyg27

I will say that Leeds this season have been the absolute masters of losing by much bigger margins than they should. Outside of the first five and last five minutes that was a fairly well-matched game.

Old Thrashbarg

After the recent performances, last night's was a game I don't really want to remember. Westerman slapping his own dislocated knee cap back into place before getting up and carrying on means I probably won't forget it any time soon though.

Gulftastic

Well, blow me down. Maybe we will stay up. Friday against Hull KR is MASSIVE.

mikeyg27

Old Thrashbarg

Yeah, the last 10 minutes was certainly above average.

Gulftastic

Very glad I avoided the result at work.

You blue beauties!

Gulftastic

Normal service is resumed. Fucking abject.

Mr Eggs

Some quality nonsense in this first semi. Love league when it's pissing down.

Mr Eggs

And now to watch Halifax get treated like a blond choirboy at a 1960's Jesuit school.

BlodwynPig

Watched a bit of the women's wrestling earlier.

mikeyg27

That was a pretty heroic defensive stint by Halifax but I'd expect a Super League team to fall off dramatically in the second half after expending all that energy, never mind a team of part-timers.

Mr Eggs

They can't do that again for the next 40.

Jasha

Are Batchelors Peas a big thing in the north?

Deanjam

George Burgess to Wigan next season. Putting together a tidy squad.