Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:51:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Rugby League 2019

Started by dr beat, January 27, 2019, 05:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gulftastic

Yeah, but we signed Shaun Lunt. Tremble, Super League, TREMBLE.

dr beat

Ronalado

Quote from: Jasha on July 27, 2019, 06:47:07 PM
Are Batchelors Peas a big thing in the north?

for sure is grow port wine but peas maybe is more algarve region

Mr Eggs

Huddersfield riding the relegation bus. Absolute turd performance.

Gulftastic

Imagine being first defender when Hurrell is at full tilt.

Thanks Rhinos. I've had a massively shit week. That's cheered me up no end.

And Myler, stop bothering my Helen!

mikeyg27

Mental scenes at the end of the Catalans-Warrington game. One of the most prolonged brawls I've seen in some time followed by the crowd fighting.

Gulftastic

Fucking disgraceful scenes. I hope both clubs get harshly punished.

Mr Eggs

Fucking hell. What a complete set of arseholes.

Deanjam

The discipline in Super League the last few years has gone for a six. Players mouthing off at the refs, feigning fouls for penalties. It's getting like football at times. Now I get to witness people blaming a referee for fans fighting. They need to come down hard on both clubs and any others that produce behaviour like this. But I doubt they will.

Gulftastic

Fuck yeah! 32 unanswered points with 12 men. SPIWIT!

dr beat

Anyone going to Wembley?

mikeyg27

Nope, but I'm going to Skolars tonight to see the exclamation point on a truly calamitous second half of the season.

Gulftastic

Quote from: dr beat on August 23, 2019, 08:28:35 AM
Anyone going to Wembley?

Yep. Arrived here in that London yesterday. Currently waiting to set off for pub crawl number 2 9f the weekend.

dr beat

Excellent sir, in for the long haul. Enjoy!

mikeyg27

Quote from: mikeyg27 on August 23, 2019, 12:04:33 PM
Nope, but I'm going to Skolars tonight to see the exclamation point on a truly calamitous second half of the season.

Lo and behold, after losing the last two games by one point Skolars let Hunslet equalise at 30-30 with around ten minutes left and I thought here we go again. But because variety is the spice of life, instead this time they muffed up three drop-goal attempts, the last one being charged down and recovered by a Hunslet player in open space and off to the races he went. Skolars managed to bring him down literally half a metre from the try line, but they spread to the opposite side and went in the opposite corner just as the hooter sounded (and everyone sat in that corner was sure it was a forward pass). But it's fine. I'm fine.

Gulftastic

Enjoyed that. Super-duper Saints choking like a mutha-fucka.

Mr Eggs

Been at work. GET IT UP ON IPLAYER NOW YOU BBC CUNTS.

mikeyg27

Quote from: Gulftastic on August 24, 2019, 06:12:02 PM
Enjoyed that. Super-duper Saints choking like a mutha-fucka.

Yeah, in a battle of the choke artists I suppose one team had to come through in the clutch.

It was a pretty fun game but Saints really did make some POU-ARRH (© Jonathan Davies) decisions at times. My main takeaway is that it might be worth a cheeky flutter on Wigan for the Grand Final.

Mr Eggs

What a fucking St shambles. Coote missing that conversion was off the scale shite.

Deanjam

"I'm not blaming the ref but he's corrupt and biased."

Gulftastic

Gulftastic

chrispmartha

Rhinos safe... Phew might actually enjoy the last 2 home games now.

Gulftastic

Quote from: chrispmartha on September 02, 2019, 10:58:17 AM
Rhinos safe... Phew might actually enjoy the last 2 home games now.

Thank god we did win. Wobbly as fuck for the first 20 minutes of the second half. We held on, then went away from them. The train journey home would have been much worse otherwise. Instead, it was lovely and drunk.

chrispmartha

Quote from: Gulftastic on September 02, 2019, 05:50:18 PM
Thank god we did win. Wobbly as fuck for the first 20 minutes of the second half. We held on, then went away from them. The train journey home would have been much worse otherwise. Instead, it was lovely and drunk.

I was listening on the radio, it was more tense that watching it live...

What is Londons ground like, looks like a great little place to watch a game of RL?

Gulftastic

Quote from: chrispmartha on September 02, 2019, 08:37:39 PM
I was listening on the radio, it was more tense that watching it live...

What is Londons ground like, looks like a great little place to watch a game of RL?

Now they've got a big temporary stand behind one of the ends, it's lots better.Still needs work though. Queuing to piss in a port-a-loo is not fun.

mikeyg27

God fucking damn it, I was so mentally prepared to give on the season and now the Broncos have the indecency to take all the way to the final weekend. Still think we'll get relegated but it's been much more fun than the last time we were in SL. Pretty sure whomever goes down is going with a record high points total.

Ronalado

Quote from: mikeyg27 on September 07, 2019, 09:29:54 AM
Pretty sure whomever goes down is going with a record high points total.

for sure is corrent. RONALADO CHECK WIPEPEDIA

Gulftastic

I wish Leeds versus Warrington wasn't on Friday. It could be fascinating to watch the relegation dogfight as it happens.

mikeyg27

Fuck. I was expecting it from before the season started, but that doesn't mean it doesn't suck. Still, the most fun Broncos SL season in a long time. Fun fact: they won more games this season than in their previous two SL campaigns combined. And it still wasn't enough.