Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:31:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Kid Who Would Be King (2019)

Started by Small Man Big Horse, January 27, 2019, 10:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin Agog

Quote from: Mister Six on April 16, 2019, 03:06:10 AM
Joe still did the better Quantum of Solace song though.

Always thought Joe's songs in their competitions were way catchier (with, I think, two exceptions), and he wrote this little Twee Pop/Shibuya-Kei gem for their Tokyo show: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WHHWc7_-3zU

Hobo

I, my 8 year old daughter and nearly 5 year old son all loved it. Proper fun romp, with the right amount of scares for the kids. I don't know what people expected, but for us it delivered as a good family fun.

Sin Agog

BritishHobo

Joe's Shining theme still pops into my head constantly, so he'll always have that.

non capisco

And "I diagnoooooose you have sexy disease!"

Fuck, I miss that show.

chocky909

Finally got around to watching this and I was seriously impressed by everything except the really quite bad dialogue and characters. He needs a writer or co writer who can do better because they really let down the otherwise terrific filmmaking he is capable of.

SteveDave

It started well but it felt like it didn't do much. Maybe it's because we watched it in two parts due to me falling asleep after they find Merlin in the chicken shop. 2/5

St_Eddie

Quote from: SteveDave on May 03, 2019, 08:56:01 AM
It started well but it felt like it didn't do much. Maybe it's because we watched it in two parts due to me falling asleep after they find Merlin in the chicken shop. 2/5

Merlin in the Chicken Shop.  Good band name.

Not a bad film, but a bland film. Shame as I really liked the ideas in it.

And was that blonde lad really the best one to audition for Lance? I didn't think any of the child actors filled the roles especially well, and a lot of the comedy lines especially landed with a lifeless thud, but he was distractingly bad.

phantom_power

The weird kid from Fleabag was good as Merlin. He looks like a young Joe Cornish as well

SteveDave

Quote from: phantom_power on May 03, 2019, 10:59:20 AM
He looks like a young Joe Cornish as well

And the Young Sherlock Holmes.

St_Eddie

Quote from: phantom_power on May 03, 2019, 10:59:20 AM
The weird kid from Fleabag was good as Merlin. He looks like a young Joe Cornish as well

Personally, I think that he has an uncanny resemblance to the actor Angus Imrie.

St_Eddie

Quote from: phantom_power on May 03, 2019, 03:42:08 PM
Who are you, his fucking agent?

Um, uh... quick, look over there!

*runs away*