Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:29:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Black Panther scoops SAG award

Started by wooders1978, January 28, 2019, 08:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BritishHobo

It doesn't deserve a SAG award at all, but it's fucking fun to see it get one, because it's nice after ten years of everyone acting like Marvel films are FUCKING BRILLIANT to now have Marvel fans going 'this doesn't deserve awards, it's fine but it's not a great film, it's a bit generic and long and dull and it's just a bogstandard superhero film really'. WELL YEAH, IT'S A FUCKIN MARVEL FILM ISN'T IT? This 'it doesn't deserve the hype' thing could apply to the reaction to every pisspot film in the Avengers franchise. Fuck off Guardians of the Galaxy.

touchingcloth

What I like most about superhero films is the escape they provide from every day life and the glimpse they give you at things you've never even imagined let alone seen. In something like Infinity War for example you can see a man in a powerful flying exoskeleton save someone who can do magic from an alien, and Black Panther had all these brown fellas.

wooders1978

Quote from: BritishHobo on January 28, 2019, 09:27:41 PM
It doesn't deserve a SAG award at all, but it's fucking fun to see it get one, because it's nice after ten years of everyone acting like Marvel films are FUCKING BRILLIANT to now have Marvel fans going 'this doesn't deserve awards, it's fine but it's not a great film, it's a bit generic and long and dull and it's just a bogstandard superhero film really'. WELL YEAH, IT'S A FUCKIN MARVEL FILM ISN'T IT? This 'it doesn't deserve the hype' thing could apply to the reaction to every pisspot film in the Avengers franchise. Fuck off Guardians of the Galaxy.

But the point is it's not even the best ensemble cast out of even the marvel films

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: touchingcloth on January 28, 2019, 09:45:36 PM
What I like most about superhero films is the escape they provide from every day life and the glimpse they give you at things you've never even imagined let alone seen.

I'm like that with Ken Loach.