Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:54:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Six Nations 2019

Started by fatguyranting, January 29, 2019, 11:59:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fatguyranting

After a bleak January anyone else excited about this? Ireland or Wales to win I think. The England/Ireland game on Saturday should be great fun.

bgmnts

I really want Italy to win it.

Every single time.

poo

Yes, looking forward to this as always.

Heart Wales, head Ireland. Sorry bgmnts, would love Italy to be successful but they're odds on to end up with the wooden spoon again.

Cuellar

Ireland's to lose, surely. Think England will do better than people expect, probably 2nd although of course hoping for a strong Wales showing.

Dog Botherer

England will be either 2nd or 5th, depends on if Eddie's righted the ship. Ireland or Wales to win it, that last weekend will be a bastard.

hummingofevil

This has amused me greatly.

https://twitter.com/danny_mcmoomins/status/1091285063306801152?s=21

Will be watching Wales as part-time rugby supporter.

Cuellar

Hadn't really looked beyond Wales's fixtures - didn't realise England play Ireland first up! I reckon my England in 2nd place prediction will stand or fall on that match. If Ireland stuff them completely they might go to pieces like last time.

Cuellar

Fucking turned that shit off

bgmnts

Ach y fi Cymru are shiiiiiiit

bgmnts

Fair play this match has been an entertaining shambles

daf

What a frigging comeback!

One minute to go - NOTHING CAN POSSIBLY GO WRONG!

poo

Cuellar

Haaaaaaaaa France went to fucking pieces. What a farce that match was. Mental shit.

Cuellar

Poor beautiful Huget

French rugby players are on the whole pretty fit innit.

Cuellar

Ireland somewhat unter der cosh here

monolith

Dere's more to OIreland dan diss.

Cuellar

Dog Botherer

England won't play that well again this 6 Nations, Ireland will play a lot better. Oh well.

Cuellar

monolith

Yeah England have definitely peaked there. Decent chance of winning the championship, but with Wales away, a Grand Slam probably isn't really realistic.

Cuellar

I was quite surprised at how bereft of ideas Ireland seemed. I mean, England came at them hard but still.

I don't know if Wales were much better, but they had a few moments of invention. They were also their own worst enemies a lot of the time in Paris.

monolith

Wales weren't impressive and only won due to utter ineptitude from France, but they've had their shit game now and will recover. Decent chance of a Welsh GS.

Dog Botherer

Quote from: Cuellar on February 03, 2019, 03:34:40 PM
I was quite surprised at how bereft of ideas Ireland seemed. I mean, England came at them hard but still.

I don't know if Wales were much better, but they had a few moments of invention. They were also their own worst enemies a lot of the time in Paris.

Ireland always play shite in the first game, dunno why. Didn't help that Murray and Sexton were rubbish and they're half the gameplan. England were fired up after they got embarrassed in Twickenham last year, half the team will be crocked in a couple of weeks and the wheels will come off a bit.

Wales were crap too, but like last year with Ireland France were unable to take advantage. I'd fancy Wales to win the championship now. They'll probably lose a game though.

Cuellar

As much as I'd like it to be true, I can't look at that Welsh performance and think "yes, there is a team that will win the whole thing"

Dog Botherer

Early days. Everyone looks very beatable this year, even England. They've got a couple of stinkers in them. Losing Itoje won't help.

Cuellar

Oh is he crocked already? Yeah, he was a right nuisance to Ireland.

Dog Botherer

Quote from: Cuellar on February 04, 2019, 03:07:57 PM
Oh is he crocked already? Yeah, he was a right nuisance to Ireland.

Yeah, fucked himself up trying to go off his feet at a ruck. Might be back for the last game at best.

Cuellar

Well another world-beating performance from Wales there.

Norton Canes