Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:20:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Six Nations 2019

Started by fatguyranting, January 29, 2019, 11:59:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gotta be honest wales have got nothin to celebrate beside rugby but they've probably got more than England these days this place is fucked. Good on you wales.

monolith

What a match! Close as expected, hope Wales go on to win the Grand Slam, was a match worthy of a decider. Tight right up until the end, home advantage probably the difference. Great stuff though, edge of my seat almost the entire match.

Must be borin playin the same fuckin teams every day year on year out. Can't imagine how shit it would be to have the proper world Cup every year but people loving this like its once again in a lifetime. Get real mates it'll be on again next year who cares. Nobody even remembered who's good or who's shit in the 6 nations, just random. Only wc means anything

Bennett Brauer

Cuellar

Alright I'll happily eat my words.

Think England lost it a bit, mentally, in the 2nd half, and Sinckler was emblematic of that. I guess that is the home advantage.

Pretty tetchy game all round though tbh.

p.s. that first penalty against Tipuric remains gubbins.

poo

Bennett Brauer

Would have been 21-0 if it wasn't for the genius of John Terry.

poo

monolith

Quote from: Cuellar on February 23, 2019, 06:49:51 PM
Alright I'll happily eat my words.

Think England lost it a bit, mentally, in the 2nd half, and Sinckler was emblematic of that. I guess that is the home advantage.

Pretty tetchy game all round though tbh.

p.s. that first penalty against Tipuric remains gubbins.
You were great in the second half, England might have lost it mentally but it was due to Welsh pressure and play. Thoroughly deserved victory.

Quote from: The Boston Crab on February 23, 2019, 06:38:12 PM
Must be borin playin the same fuckin teams every day year on year out. Can't imagine how shit it would be to have the proper world Cup every year but people loving this like its once again in a lifetime. Get real mates it'll be on again next year who cares. Nobody even remembered who's good or who's shit in the 6 nations, just random. Only wc means anything
I can't remember all of our championship wins but Grand Slams are always memorable and definitely mean something. Obviously I'd always rather we win the championship than not, but once the possibility of a Grand Slam is gone then I do lose interest a little bit, and if no team can win it going in to the last few games then I'm even less arsed.

It definitely never feels meaningles for me though and I'll still be watching and will be gutted if we lose the Calcutta Cup again.

remedial_gash

Think sinckler will be loved on lion tours - got a bit rattled.

Some guy posted"Bloody hell. Was that Ross Moriarty's uncle involved as well? He ended some guy's career with a bit of old school violence as well, didn't he?"

yep the moriarty clan known here as well as in englang - paul? dunno, didn't come to crow and didn't expect a win. x

Doing withdrawal - sick as a pike.

Cuellar

Christ alive that was a hard watch

Bennett Brauer

Wales have forgotten how to lose.

I made that up myself just now.

poo

That Scotland no.20 who came off the bench - Jesus!

Dr Trouser

Hamish Watson? I did start cheering on Scotland during the second half - it was hard work being welsh yesterday.

Can't see Ireland being anything other than a loss

EOLAN

So will the Windsor Davies film Grand Slam be in BBC Wales during the week. If any welsh cabbers know may let me know. Like to watch on tv rather than YouTube.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: poo on March 10, 2019, 03:56:05 AM
That Scotland no.20 who came off the bench - Jesus!

Jesus?-Jesus!

fatguyranting

"Can't see Ireland being anything other than a loss"

Chin up Dr Trouser. Let's see how things pan out eh?

poo

Quote from: Dr Trouser on March 10, 2019, 09:29:49 AM
Hamish Watson? I did start cheering on Scotland during the second half - it was hard work being welsh yesterday.

Can't see Ireland being anything other than a loss

Yeah thanks - that's him. Had trouble remembering his name after 20 pints. What an impact player - glad he didn't start!

Gonna be close tomorrow. Great finish to the six nations. Wales can do it if they play their best.

Cuellar

If they can sort their fucking lineout. Can't just allow Ireland to keep hoofing into touch in our half knowing Wales will fuck the lineout.

bgmnts

I wonder if the power of St Patrick's Day will spur the Irish lads on.

poo

Quote from: Cuellar on March 15, 2019, 09:32:15 AM
If they can sort their fucking lineout. Can't just allow Ireland to keep hoofing into touch in our half knowing Wales will fuck the lineout.

Yeah, that needs sorting big time!

Dr Trouser

Wales team unchanged. Feeling a bit more confident.

Usual fucking about and bitching about roof open v closed. Bunch of fannies.

Cuellar

Quote from: poo on March 15, 2019, 10:51:31 AM
Yeah, that needs sorting big time!

I'm sure there was a period there when the lineout actually worked, but it's taken a serious step backwards of late. Is it because lanky bastard Charteris isn't there anymore?

poo

First pint. Cheers boys!

bgmnts

Make sure this is active as i'll be in Kaposvar today - I don't think they even know what rugby is in the arse end of Hungary - so I will need updates.

poo

I'll try, but I'm already 2 pints in.

bgmnts

Fuck me its half 9. You'll be done before the game starts.

poo

Sticking to session ale (HB).