Author Topic: new avey tare album 'cows on hourglass pond'  (Read 272 times)

kittens

• kittens
  • Silver Member
  • don't have a cow man
new avey tare album 'cows on hourglass pond'
« on: January 30, 2019, 08:22:37 AM »
vid for song here

album out march 22

very excited. eucalyptus was the best thing to come from any of the animal collective boys for a while, so this gonna be great. naturally i have ordered the deluxe edition vinyl.

with this out in march and pando in feb, these men are truly spoiling us.

kind regards.

imitationleather

• "The French... are famous... for their kissing"
    • http://last.fm/user/ImiLeathr
Re: new avey tare album 'cows on hourglass pond'
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 08:44:19 AM »
Cheers for the heads up. Looks like I have a reason to at least stay alive until 22nd March, now.

Like you, I thought Eucalyptus was one of the best AnCo-related albums for a long old time. Can this hit that heights? Doubtful. But I shall be alive, knock on wood, to slag it off if it is not.

Pretty excited!

alan nagsworth

• my CONDOLENC
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 04:18:04 PM »
Dave and Noah's solo stuff is so much better than the meandering twaddle they put out as a band isn't it?

You know I'm right.

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 12:51:53 AM »
Its a lovely song, both Dave's and Noah's game of releasing new interesting material is always on the up, yet I have become lazier with listening to bootlegs. Personally my body, brain and ankles are more than ready for the next full AnCo album. I know not every die hard fan was keen on Painting With, but I considered it one of the most joyous sonic experiences of my life, especially live.

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 05:51:16 PM »
Dave and Noah's solo stuff is so much better than the meandering twaddle they put out as a band isn't it?

You know I'm right.

Hello you complete idiot! (I completely agree re: the last decade, and agree somewhat that their solo stuff before 2009 is as good as the best AC)

Really really looking forward to this one. The live shows he did both before and after Eucalyptus basically captured some of that old great AC magic. My favourite song, Midnight Special, isn't actually on the album but he said it's been recorded and it will come out. It's unbelievable, brooding like Banshee Beat but painful and soulful like Laughing Hieroglyphic. Can't wait. Saturdays is better than anything on Eucalyptus already for me. Been waiting for that one for a couple of years though.

Buoys is also fucking great. Obviously it leaked a couple of months ago but the CD rip leaked yesterday and it sounds fantastic. So pleased to hear a different direction for PB because I wasn't a massive Greaper fan, really. I say new, it almost harks back to Young Prayer in how stark it is but with a Sung Tongs/acoustic Portuguese influence. Inner Monologue is my favourite. Really deep and weird, love the sobbing.