Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:18:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

new avey tare album 'cows on hourglass pond'

Started by kittens, January 30, 2019, 08:22:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kittens

vid for song here

album out march 22

very excited. eucalyptus was the best thing to come from any of the animal collective boys for a while, so this gonna be great. naturally i have ordered the deluxe edition vinyl.

with this out in march and pando in feb, these men are truly spoiling us.

kind regards.

imitationleather

Cheers for the heads up. Looks like I have a reason to at least stay alive until 22nd March, now.

Like you, I thought Eucalyptus was one of the best AnCo-related albums for a long old time. Can this hit that heights? Doubtful. But I shall be alive, knock on wood, to slag it off if it is not.

Pretty excited!

alan nagsworth

Dave and Noah's solo stuff is so much better than the meandering twaddle they put out as a band isn't it?

You know I'm right.

Bazooka

Its a lovely song, both Dave's and Noah's game of releasing new interesting material is always on the up, yet I have become lazier with listening to bootlegs. Personally my body, brain and ankles are more than ready for the next full AnCo album. I know not every die hard fan was keen on Painting With, but I considered it one of the most joyous sonic experiences of my life, especially live.

Quote from: alan nagsworth on January 30, 2019, 04:18:04 PM
Dave and Noah's solo stuff is so much better than the meandering twaddle they put out as a band isn't it?

You know I'm right.

Hello you complete idiot! (I completely agree re: the last decade, and agree somewhat that their solo stuff before 2009 is as good as the best AC)

Really really looking forward to this one. The live shows he did both before and after Eucalyptus basically captured some of that old great AC magic. My favourite song, Midnight Special, isn't actually on the album but he said it's been recorded and it will come out. It's unbelievable, brooding like Banshee Beat but painful and soulful like Laughing Hieroglyphic. Can't wait. Saturdays is better than anything on Eucalyptus already for me. Been waiting for that one for a couple of years though.

Buoys is also fucking great. Obviously it leaked a couple of months ago but the CD rip leaked yesterday and it sounds fantastic. So pleased to hear a different direction for PB because I wasn't a massive Greaper fan, really. I say new, it almost harks back to Young Prayer in how stark it is but with a Sung Tongs/acoustic Portuguese influence. Inner Monologue is my favourite. Really deep and weird, love the sobbing.

Bazooka

Fuck this new track HORS_ is incredible, the music video alone is the best I have seen for years, I love you David Portner. Fuck give me a new AnCo album so I can die via orgasm of the ears.

Vinyl copies are out there, positive reports but no cunners have actually ripped the bas yet

kittens

record not arrived yet they sent it yesterday but it not here and it's being sent to my girlfriend's house and she is going to visit her fucking family until sunday so i will not hear this until sunday at the earliest and i won't be in the mood to hear it then so look like it's next friday for me fuck's sake

Better than patchwork Eucalyptus for me by a mile. Very consistent, more about highlight moments than highlight songs. Every song has some great bits. It's deep. Probably needed to do Eucalyptus to get back into this kind of songwriting. It feels like if he went a different direction after Feels than Strawberry Jam. What's the Goodside, Saturdays and Remember Mayan are really great but there's no weak link for me. Really enjoying digging deeper.

Bazooka

Sadly living in China I'm not going to be getting the Vinyl, also not getting to see him perform with Deakin live is also a real downer, but alas I love Avey and am happy to listen to his creations in any form.

The moment in What's The Goodside? where the vocal melody kicks in about halfway through 'Woke up to a new song...' is my favourite AC related moment since FBK.

Bazooka

Will try and get a good rip today, yum yum.

kittens

got my copy and the top of the sleeve is all fucked up. sent complaint email to domino records. at this rate i will never hear the music. thankfully that is very unimportant to me - i only really care about people seeing me with a mint condition copy of this record.

kittens

finally listened to this. it's o.k. guess eucalyptus took a while to grow on me. gotta plough on through.