Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:31:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sad news about nedthemumbler

Started by madhair60, January 30, 2019, 03:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Cross-posting from the "small pleasures" thread, very sad news I'm afraid:

Quote from: nedthemumbler on January 30, 2019, 03:37:00 PM
Hi I am Frances Rathbone, Ned the Mumbler,s mum. I am very sorry to tell you that Matt Ralph, aka Ned the Mumbler/General Bullshit took his own life by hanging on 22/12/18.
For the first time he left this site up and running and I'm guessing he wanted me to let you know.
I am sorry to give you such bad news.
I would be very grateful if you or anyone else on the site would share any memories or memorable  emails from him. Memories are all I have now and they are very precious to me
My email is francesrathbone@hotmail.co.uk.
I would be grateful if you could put it up for the rest of the site to read so they do not wonder where is gone.
He chose peace and that is what I wish him.
Thank you

darby o chill

:( That's awful. Sorry for your loss Frances. R.I.P. Matt.

Jerzy Bondov

Horrible heartbreaking news. I don't know if his mum is logging in, so will send an email.

selectivememory

That's terrible. Seemed like a really nice bloke.

canadagoose

Really sorry to hear that. He did seem like a good guy. So strange reading his posts and thinking he's not there any more...

Lost Oliver

Very sad news indeed. Always seemed like a kind and gentle man. Gutting.

Uncle TechTip

Terrible news. Really sorry for your loss. Goodbye Matt.

Glebe

Oh no, that's bloody awful... my deepest condolences to you and your family, Francis. Farewell Ned.

Blinder Data

I'm not sure I interacted with him much but looking at his post history clearly he was a clever funny bastard.

These threads are way too frequent. You expect natural wastage of users but not like this.

It's just so sad Matt didn't feel he could reach out when he was feeling down. For goodness sake everyone, please reach out.

RIP Matt

BlodwynPig

Sad news. I wasn't aware of him on here but such a devastating loss for the family and I am sure he was very much appreciated on this site.

Edit: Oh I did know him, from his avatar.

Kryton

Very sad to hear this. My thoughts and best wishes to his friends and family.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

That's so horrible. I'm very sorry.

NoSleep

Shoulders?-Stomach!

There was some reference in December to him going ott with drinking? Unsure if it was related.

Going back through and reading now it's amazing how low key, friendly posters like him go unheralded but really help the flow on forums like this.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Fucks sake. Just before Christmas as well.

Gregory Torso

Sad to hear this. He once told me he liked one of my posts, which is always nice to read. These threads are always horrible to see, and I hope his family and friends get through ok.

Icehaven

That's awful, very sorry to hear this.

Small Man Big Horse

I'm also so sorry to hear this, Matt always came across as a really decent guy, and a very funny one at that, and he will be missed.

Buelligan

He was lovely, funny and gentle, not an ounce of ego.  I could weep for the waste (I am weeping for the waste), breaks my heart to think maybe one of us could've stopped this if only we'd known.  I am so sorry for your loss Frances, I know that doesn't help but it's all I've got.

As others have said above, please, please, dear people, reach out, do not slip away.

Mister Six

Awful, awful news. My condolences to his family, as little as I'm sure that means at a time like this.

holyzombiejesus

That's awful news. I'm so sorry for your loss.

studpuppet

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 30, 2019, 05:39:53 PM
Edit: Oh I did know him, from his avatar.

Me too. Really sad news - condolences from me to add to the others. On a forum like this with all the noise, it's difficult to notice when people are having genuine difficulties. As Buelligan says, reach out. I've seen others helped on here when they have.

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 30, 2019, 05:50:55 PM
Going back through and reading now it's amazing how low key, friendly posters like him go unheralded but really help the flow on forums like this.

These sentiments echoed by me. I looked back through his posts assuming he must have had different interests to me, and then second page in, he'd responded to a post of mine.

Quote from: nedthemumbler on December 03, 2018, 08:09:00 PM
One day the world will realise I deserve a six figure amount of Sterling just for being me.

Johnny Yesno

We didn't interact much but I will miss his warmth and wit. RIP Matt.

holyzombiejesus

Looking back at his posts (I'm going to stop now as it feels a bit ghoulish), he was such a nice guy. Never getting arsey or point-scoring, just lots of lovely funny and supportive comments.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I've been reading through his posts as well. Very funny, unassuming individual. Didn't see this coming at all. Don't think any of us did. If we had, as has previously been pointed out, we'd all have done our darndest to stop it happening. Shocking and saddening news. RIP ned/ Matt.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Frances. Ned always came across as warm, funny and kind, a lovely bloke. While I can't imagine how difficult it must have been to share this terribly sad news, thank you. He was part of a community here and he will be missed. My condolences to you and your family.

Jockice

That's really sad. He wasn't someone I interacted with much, if at all, but it's still upsetting. RIP Matt.

Bazooka

Tragic awful news, who's cutting shallots?

shiftwork2

This is shocking news.  My condolences to Matt's friends and family.