Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:55:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sad news about nedthemumbler

Started by madhair60, January 30, 2019, 03:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paruses

So sorry to hear this. A very understated poster; funny and warm. Thoughts are with you Frances. Take care.

Golden E. Pump

Sorry to hear this.

We need to take care of one another, guys and gals.

pigamus

I recognise the avatar and some of the posts - I'd like to add my condolences and best wishes.

ZoyzaSorris

Jeez thats bloody awful. Condolences indeed.

chocky909

Sorry to hear this sad news. Fucking sucks he needed to do that. RIP.

Kelvin

Awful to hear. So sorry for his family and friends in the real world. His loss will be felt on the forum; one less funny, thoughtful voice. RIP, nedthemumbler.

jobotic

So sorry to hear this, so very sad. Love to his family and RIP Matt. Agree with others that his posts show him to be a lovely person.

thugler

So sorry to hear that, love to all concerned.

Barry Admin

This is terrible news, my sincere condolences to Matts family.

It seems he tried to sign up another account on the day of his passing, I've just noticed it as a strange coincidence. There're been a huge influx of spam accounts since before Xmas, and I was just sorting through some more of them for deletion, and trying to find and verify valid accounts, and "mumblened" was in there. It doesnt seem he was locked out as his Mum was able to post, so who know what his intentions were there.

hummingofevil

Ned/Matt recently posted the long forgotten Badger, Badger, Badger, Badger, Badger, Badger, Badger, Badger, mushroom, mushroom song which brought me great pleasure. I thank him for that and am so so sorry for your loss Frances.

R.I.P. Matt.

Please, please can anyone else on here who might be triggered by this or anything else please reach out to someone. I hope nobody minds if I post these:

Samaritans 24 hours:

Tel: 116 123

CALM 5pm-Midnight:

Tel: 0800 58 58 58 (UK)
      0808 802 58 58 (London)

Cerys

Too soon.  Way too soon.  Rest In Peace, Matt.  You were one of the good ones.

Spoon of Ploff

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

" we must love one another, or die "- W H Auden.

AsparagusTrevor

gilbertharding

This is horrible news. All my sympathy to you and your family.

SpiderChrist

Very very sad. All condolences to Matt's family and friends.

royce coolidge

That's very sad news. Love to his Mum and family.

imitationleather

Sad to read this. Seemed like a nice guy.

Hope his family and friends are holding up okay.

touchingcloth

This is shit. I remember Ned from his avatar, and that he didn't stick out by either showboating or being a dick. We could always do with more posters like that, and he'll be missed.

Cheerio, pal. Rest easy and travel well.

BlodwynPig

Just a heads up that Matt's mother, Frances is preparing a book of condolences for the family and asked to use the tributes in this thread for inclusion. I have provided an edited version of the comments to her as she no longer has access to the site. If anyone wishes not to have their text included, please let me know (I have not included tangential content).

neveragain

H-O-W-L

Fucking hell, that's dreadful. My condolences.

shiftwork2

Cerys

idunnosomename

missed this, very very shocking. can only really offer generic but sincere condolences

had to stop looking through his post history because there are too many things that looked like signals in retrospect. they probably weren't, actually, because suicide probably doesn't build up quite so neatly. but still. very sad

The Lurker

Oh my, that is so terribly sad. RIP Matt - I am so sorry for your loss, Frances.

LanceUppercut

Fucking hell, terrible thing to hear. Unfortunately this is more and more a regular thing these days.
R.I.P

Captain Z

I meant to reply to this the first time round. I wasn't aware that I'd had any interaction with him, indeed I tend not to post in a particularly interactive way, but on checking through his most recent posts I found that he had recently made me laugh a lot and this will definitely come back to me every year:

Quote from: nedthemumbler on December 17, 2018, 06:54:41 PM
Quote from: Captain Z on December 17, 2018, 12:39:27 PM
The most annoying thing about SPOTY is that the acronym is so close but yet so far from being 'SPORTY'.

Sports Personality Only Relevant This Year

or Sports Personality Overwhelmingly Rated This Year

I am bored

Terrible at stuff like this but I'm really sorry for his passing and I hope his family are able to find peace with the positives he brought during his life.

phes

Hi Frances,

I am so sorry to hear about this. I didn't know Matt but the site is an oasis for many posters and it's crushing to hear that someone from this community has gone. I'm thinking of you