Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:35:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Lynx

Started by pancreas, January 31, 2019, 01:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shiftwork2

Quote from: pancreas on January 31, 2019, 03:58:57 PM
Hang on. Now that I think about it, I have a vague recollection of smelling Lynx on you at one of the CaB meets. Is that possible?

I don't know was it a pound?  Either way I usually smell of bitterness and resentment.

pancreas

The only thing I'd say is that compared to a teenager you're effectively a corpse, so I would encourage you to reconsider whether the saving you're making is thoroughly justifiable on that basis. Do they do myrrh in Poundland?

Blumf

All you ponces and your fancy fragrances. What's wrong with regular bathing, in a tin bathtub, with some coal tar soap? No wonder this country is in such a mess!

Bazooka

I use an actual Lynx piss, as nature intended.

Buelligan

The best smell is Acqua di Parma, the original colonia smell, but it's expensive, after that, clean is good.  And I have to agree, the Molton Brown shit is good too, not as expensive as the Acqua but still pricey IMO.

gilbertharding

There used to be some mileage in searching social media for people who thought 'cologne' was spelled 'colon'.

As in:

Lost Oliver

Quote from: pancreas on January 31, 2019, 02:53:25 PM
Why would you need 96 hours, unless you didn't wash for 4 days?

Oh, mate ... are you down on your luck atm?

It just means that I'm always four days in the future.

Quote from: shiftwork2 on January 31, 2019, 03:54:17 PM
Impressive brand loyalty from you prawns.  Why not choose what's on offer for £1 like the chap above mentioned?  They're all the bloody same.

Mitchum roll-on is the only thing that works for me. I buy them in bulk when the supermarket has an offer on.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Blumf on January 31, 2019, 04:14:30 PM
All you ponces and your fancy fragrances. What's wrong with regular bathing, in a tin bathtub, with some coal tar soap? No wonder this country is in such a mess!

I use lidl's cien aloe vera soap but am considering moving back to shield.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Right Guard the green one. Dunno why but all the other right guards smell like a chemistry lab fused with a portaloo tank but the green one is alright.

kalowski

Never trust deodorant you can taste.

Konki

SOLVENT ABUSE CAN KILL INSTANTLY.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: kalowski on January 31, 2019, 05:59:08 PM
Never trust deodorant you can taste.

That's not what Febreze is for

bgmnts

Just roll on for me nowadays.
No fuss.

kalowski

Quote from: bgmnts on January 31, 2019, 07:50:40 PM
Just roll on for me nowadays.
No fuss.
Me too. Breathing in all that stuff can't be good for you.

Brundle-Fly

Was Mum roll on deoderant the girl's equivalent of Lynx? Forgot all about this thirty year old Toyah advert until tonight. Gosh, she was cute here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI5Giuj2hyo

DrGreggles

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on January 31, 2019, 05:06:27 PM
Mitchum roll-on is the only thing that works for me. I buy them in bulk when the supermarket has an offer on.

Another vote for Mitchums from this dry-pitted forum member.

Dex Sawash

kalowski

studpuppet

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on January 31, 2019, 08:01:21 PM
Was Mum roll on deoderant the girl's equivalent of Lynx?

Impulse, not (your) Mum.

Ferris

Quote from: gilbertharding on January 31, 2019, 04:33:28 PM
There used to be some mileage in searching social media for people who thought 'cologne' was spelled 'colon'.

In fairness, I'm assuming these are North Americans for whom the Hispanic surname "Colón" is common (like Big Sexy himself, Bartolo Colón). There is also less of a relation to the German city for which the malodorous stuff is named. I have to deal with someone at work who spells her name without the accent on the "O" which always makes me smile.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartolo_Colón

I just wash all the time. No truck with smelly sprays, I'm not 14.

Jockice

I had some Lynx Africa shower gel around a year ago (dunno why, maybe it was on offer in Boots or something) and put it in my sports bag. Where it opened up upside down without me noticing, stinking not only the bag out but the entire car. It's still lying half empty behind the driver's seat. The ironic thing is that I don't even use shower gel after going swimming. I just use the soap dispenser. I have some Head And Shoulders shampoo in the bag but I don't even use that often.

As for at home, what I use is a combination of what's on offer when I'm picking up my prescription and what I get for presents. In the bathroom (and I've just checked this while having a shit) I have the choice of Body Shop White Musk shower gel (present from a female friend) or a little Boots brazil nut body wash which is part of a pack of four in different flavours bought for me by a rival female friend (really, they used to know each other vaguely before I'd even met either, and they didn't like each other). I saw the latter earlier this week and she gave me some late Christmas presents, including a set of Bayliss And Harding (who I'd never heard of before) black pepper and ginseng shower gel, body wash and aftershave balm. Won't be using them for a while though. I usually only have about one shower a week at home. The soap I used to wash my hands after having my dump is a Mr Grumpy soap on a rope bought for me by my chick. Think she's trying to tell me something?

As for deodorant, I have some Right Guard Total Defence spray at home (and indeed on the table I'm sitting at) and some L'Oreal Men Expert Thermic Resist in the sports bag. Both self purchases. I also have a Body Shop roll-on in that bag and two in the bathroom. All presents from the first of these females.

Talking of which, I also have three aftershaves on this table, all presents from my sister. In order of age and usage they are Calvin Klein Man,  Davidoff Cool Water and Paul Smith Men. There's also some Paco Rabanne XS from the same source in the bathroom.

So now you know. I enjoyed doing that. You can just tell I have a writing deadline coming up today, can't you?

biggytitbo

I never use deodorant, I just dab a bit of lard under each armpit and I'm good for the day.

studpuppet

hamfist

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on January 31, 2019, 01:58:20 PM
L'Oreal one that comes in an orange canister, seems to be on offer all the time. I just like orange canisters.

Yes : MEN EXPERT

seepage

The supermercado only had Lynx Africa, so me and mrs seepage both had to use it for the rest of our stay

buzby

Quote from: Wet Blanket on January 31, 2019, 02:21:25 PM
My local newsagent had a supply of Axe brand Lynx that he was getting from the same dodgy supplier who got him his Coca Cola in entirely Arabic branding.
They normally come from overproduction or cancelled export orders (in AXE's case from Unilever's factory in Leeds) that then gets knocked out as pallet loads on the QT via trade auction sites like XMBO and ClearanceXL to the highest bidder. That sort of stuff used to turn up regularly in the likes of Home & Bargain but they have got to the size now where manufacturers won't sell them remainder/export stocklots, so they usually end up going to smaller local wholesalers and then turn up in corner shops and on market stalls.

I use the cheapo Lynx copies from Insette (locally-produced by LEC, just down the road from where I used to work in Wavertree and sold in H&B and B&M) and VIVE (Aldi). Never get the imitation Africa though.

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: hamfist on February 01, 2019, 07:40:28 AM
Yes : MEN EXPERT
I can't find the orange shampoo any more. That was good.