Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:34:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Edinburgh Fringe Festival 2019

Started by Malcy, January 31, 2019, 04:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyMcH

She has a WIP booked in at The Bill Murray next week, so looks like a new show is underway.

hummingofevil

They both doing WIPs at Machynlleth right now.

zomgmouse

Quote from: Malcy on May 03, 2019, 11:12:16 PM
I got excited and thought the lovely Asking Bea was playing and I had missed the listing! I'd love to see/marry her.

I'm going to book my Russel T Davies ticket this weekend. It's only one night and I don't want to miss it. Looking at having 12 shows I want to see this year.

Hoping Anna Morris is doing something again. She was fantastic last year doing 4 of her characters from previous shows.

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 03, 2019, 11:21:16 PM
Bit weird, mate.

A little bit of sex with her would be great though.
She'd probably disagree.

Quote from: Seagullsim on May 03, 2019, 11:32:15 PM
I think she's doing something at Mach Fest, so maybe it'll carry on to Edinburgh. I agree entirely - I had a lovely recurring dream with her and Sharon Horgan that i'd like to revisit....

Quote from: Malcy on May 03, 2019, 11:40:06 PM
Sharon Horgan wouldn't be my cup of tea but she could make them for me & Aisling!

Honestly, for fuck's sake. Knock it off. Seriously. Why continue with these objectifying comments? Enough of this bullshit please.

DrGreggles

Small Man Big Horse

DrGreggles

Mainly funny though.
Especially when it winds others up.

Sin Agog

Quote from: zomgmouse on May 05, 2019, 06:58:46 AM
Honestly, for fuck's sake. Knock it off. Seriously. Why continue with these objectifying comments? Enough of this bullshit please.

I wouldn't normally defend this kind of thing, but re-examine the tone of those posts.  Malcy, gull and Greggles were definitely doing a bit.  Which isn't to say they are not physically attracted to Ms. Bea, but their posts read more like parody than straight-up cor get in theres.  Plus Aisling's the queen of sexual innuendo so it's kinda fitting.

DrGreggles

No, this is Comedy Chat. Therefore everything must be taken at face value.

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: Sin Agog on May 05, 2019, 09:48:33 AM
Plus Aisling's the queen of sexual innuendo so it's kinda fitting.

Nah

Sin Agog

Well, whatever.  I said she was smart so technically I only objectified one of her organs.

Malcy

Quote from: zomgmouse on May 05, 2019, 06:58:46 AM

Untwist your knickers there mate for fuck sake.

zomgmouse

Quote from: Sin Agog on May 05, 2019, 09:48:33 AM
I wouldn't normally defend this kind of thing, but re-examine the tone of those posts.  Malcy, gull and Greggles were definitely doing a bit.  Which isn't to say they are not physically attracted to Ms. Bea, but their posts read more like parody than straight-up cor get in theres.  Plus Aisling's the queen of sexual innuendo so it's kinda fitting.

As I'm sure it's been pointed out many times, ironic sexism is barely better than the real thing. Especially if the differences are imperceptible. This forum in particular has been plagued by these kinds of horrid remarks so pretending they're "just doing a bit" doesn't really fly. It's out of context and extremely unhelpful and demeaning.

DrGreggles

Quote from: zomgmouse on May 06, 2019, 01:48:50 AM
As I'm sure it's been pointed out many times, ironic sexism is barely better than the real thing.

Just because something has been "pointed out", it doesn't make it true.
Of course it's better!
Just as your ironic moaning is far better than someone actually moaning.

Blinder Data

ooh i would love to fuck a woman ironically. sounds dead sexy

DrGreggles

Yep, fucked right up the thread derailment!

Blinder Data

For the avoidance of doubt, I was just trying to be silly/funny - lascivious comments towards female comedians on here are grubby and unwelcome

Malcy

Heard there was snow forecast this past few days. Didn't realise the few snowflakes would be in here though.

Do NOT fucking accuse me of sexism or whatever when all I stayed was that I found a female comedian attractive and all together lovely.

The fuck is wrong with this forum lately. People make a ton of pedophilic jokes in a certain thread and no one bats an eyelid bit appreciating a woman's beauty and intelligence and flippantly saying how nice it would be to see that person in  a comedy show/marry them and all of a sudden you're a sexist.

Fuck off and wind your neck in. Seriously people. A few comments that are saying how people find a person beautiful in all aspects vs the fucking pish that people pass off for comedy. No not even comedy, just a reply to a thread.

I merely stated that I think she is gorgeous and another mentioned isn't my cup of tea but maybe she could make the tea and I'm accused of all sorts. Fuck up. If it had been a man mentioned he could have made the tea.

One of the big draws of this site has always been it's escapism from SJW's and general internet wankers.

Go fuck yourself if you're so offended by the comments.

Anyway. Plenty to enjoy this year at the Fringe. More than last year for me. I look forward to it and hope none of the humourless fucks who were offended are in attendance. Imagine having them at your gig. Fuck that. Must be great fucking company on a night out these cunts.

machotrouts

Quote from: Malcy on May 06, 2019, 10:14:20 PM
Heard there was snow forecast this past few days. Didn't realise the few snowflakes would be in here though.

Do NOT fucking accuse me of sexism or whatever when all I stayed was that I found a female comedian attractive and all together lovely.

The fuck is wrong with this forum lately. People make a ton of pedophilic jokes in a certain thread and no one bats an eyelid bit appreciating a woman's beauty and intelligence and flippantly saying how nice it would be to see that person in  a comedy show/marry them and all of a sudden you're a sexist.

Fuck off and wind your neck in. Seriously people. A few comments that are saying how people find a person beautiful in all aspects vs the fucking pish that people pass off for comedy. No not even comedy, just a reply to a thread.

I merely stated that I think she is gorgeous and another mentioned isn't my cup of tea but maybe she could make the tea and I'm accused of all sorts. Fuck up. If it had been a man mentioned he could have made the tea.

One of the big draws of this site has always been it's escapism from SJW's and general internet wankers.

Go fuck yourself if you're so offended by the comments.

Anyway. Plenty to enjoy this year at the Fringe. More than last year for me. I look forward to it and hope none of the humourless fucks who were offended are in attendance. Imagine having them at your gig. Fuck that. Must be great fucking company on a night out these cunts.

Why is it always the most humourless people who use "humourless" as an insult? Why is it always the most dour, smegma-brained voids who wheel out the cliché "you must be a right laugh on a night out!!! Haha, NOT!!!!!!! How does it feel to be owned by joy incarnate????"

You are the most boring active poster on this forum. Count yourself lucky that you've been just about enough of a cunt to be noticed for once.

Small Man Big Horse

Snowflakes? Fucking hell that's weak. And this site has had a poor reputation with female comedians in the past so posting drivel in the manner that you did really didn't help on that front.

BritishHobo

Quote from: Malcy on May 06, 2019, 10:14:20 PMOne of the big draws of this site has always been it's escapism from SJW's and general internet wankers.

Has it? I don't think that's ever been a thing.

hummingofevil

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on May 06, 2019, 11:08:28 PM
Snowflakes? Fucking hell that's weak. And this site has had a poor reputation with female comedians in the past so posting drivel in the manner that you did really didn't help on that front.

Yes. My heart sank once when I saw Bridget Christie refer to this place in negative terms during an actual show. I thought we were the good guys and gals but then realised that a quick Google search of this place and you can come up with plenty of awful shit.

If you are looking forward to going to a show because you would like to have sex with the person on stage then you are a bit of a creep. If the content of these shows is about not objectifying women then you are also a bit of a fucking idiot.

DrGreggles

I thought Bridget Christie was pretty popular on here.

BritishHobo

I'm sure we've also had some female members over the years who've said they went off the place due to an air of ironic/semi-ironic laddish comments.

Not even going the Fringe though am I, so why am I even here. If you are going the Fringe then go see Sam and Tom please, as a double act and as solo comedians and as both, thanks mate.

DrGreggles

Quote from: BritishHobo on May 06, 2019, 11:35:21 PM
Not even going the Fringe though am I, so why am I even here. If you are going the Fringe then go see Sam and Tom please, as a double act and as solo comedians and as both, thanks mate.

Can't see a Sam & Tom show listed.

Seagullsim

I've deleted my one comment saying I found a lady attractive. Didn't realise i'd upset so many people by this - I'll know to moderate my thoughts in future.

Seagullsim

Quote from: Seagullsim on May 07, 2019, 12:06:43 AM
I've deleted my one comment saying I found a lady attractive. Didn't realise i'd upset so many people by this - I'll know to moderate my thoughts in future.

Actually, turns out you can't edit posts any more. In which case, I'll formally state here that I didn't mean it, and i'm actually ambivalent to the attractiveness of Ms Bea, Ms Horgan, and indeed any female (or male, or 'other') comedian (or indeed people in general).

hummingofevil

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 06, 2019, 11:30:34 PM
I thought Bridget Christie was pretty popular on here.

She is. But she is also mates with Josie Long and if the conversation ever happened to come up...

Malcy

Most boring? Sure. At least I try to spark discussion of new comedy on this forum that otherwise wouldn't have been other than the same old shite like Gervais bashing etc. I took an active interest in trying to add as much to the Comedy Chat forum as I could. Obviously that isn't good enough for some people.

I couldn't care less really. In future I just won't bother. Obviously I can't come close to the comedy geniuses on here. Shove It up your collective arses.

And Machotrouts, calling anyone boring after a quick scan of you recent posts is fucking hilarious. I had to look at your profile due to not knowing anything of your posts. Woeful.

Bronzy

I'd love shoving my stuff up your collective arses

The lovely thing about it is that everyone has an arse so it's pansexual

Thank you for coming to my fringe show etc etc

zomgmouse