Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 09:15:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Edinburgh Fringe Festival 2019

Started by Malcy, January 31, 2019, 04:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaledonianGonzo

90 min WIP fuckarounds in Stand 3.

DrGreggles

Anyone still looking for cheap accommodation?
www.booking.com/hotel/gb/edinburgh-first-at-the-university-of-edinburgh.en-gb.html

billyandthecloneasaurus

Booked 18th-23rd! yay!

got a shortlist of adam hess, adam riches, john robins, jordon brookes, mat ewins, seymour mace, tony law, colt cabana and all 3 kieran hodgson shows i haven't seen before

any glaring omissions ??

hummingofevil

Quote from: billyandthecloneasaurus on May 27, 2019, 12:04:56 PM
Booked 18th-23rd! yay!

got a shortlist of adam hess, adam riches, john robins, jordon brookes, mat ewins, seymour mace, tony law, colt cabana and all 3 kieran hodgson shows i haven't seen before

any glaring omissions ??

Women.

hummingofevil

Ha ha. Sorry couldn't resist.

From your list I reckon you will like the Tom Parry show. It's fairly throwaway stuff but it's packed full of laughs. Also, Tom Ballard's show was really funny a few years back if slightly naughty man with a mic stuff is your bag. I remember laughing a lot.

More generally everyone has to go see Rosie Jones. The WIP i saw was already real strong and if she manages to pull out a couple more punchlines for the middle section it's going to be an absolute corker of a show.

DrGreggles

Seymour Mace is on after Michael Legge and before Simon Munnery, if you fancy a few hours at The Stand.

As mentioned, Tom Parry is on at the courtyard directly before Adam Hess, as is Spencer Jones.

John Kearns/Fern Brady/Zoe Coombs Marr is a nice Monkey Barrel run too.

I like grouping shows by location!

BritishHobo

Sam and Tom

and

Tom                   (separately)

hummingofevil

And Sam.

(Bob's Yurt is a pretty intimate place for a show and there are some really intersting shows there this year - will park myself in for an afternoon I think).

DrGreggles

Quote from: BritishHobo on May 27, 2019, 03:13:49 PM
Sam and Tom

and

Tom                   (separately)

Both on separately. Not together.

BritishHobo

CaledonianGonzo

CaledonianGonzo

Lucy Pearman is in the programme  - 4.30pm in Monkey Barrel 4.

JCR

Quote from: CaledonianGonzo on June 05, 2019, 04:55:04 PM
That's BBC shows available

They said last year at Just A Minute that 12,000+ people apply for the popular shows and the odds of getting Just A Minute tickets are in the region of 40/1. I guess only put it in your spreadsheet if you feel lucky.

The Stand have said more Stewart Lee tickets will be available when they relaunch their website next Tuesday.

DrGreggles

Spencer Jones is doing a late night show at the Monkey Barrel, as well as his Pleasance show.

CaledonianGonzo

And Jessie Cave is doing a wip lunchtime show with her sister.

DrGreggles

Quote from: CaledonianGonzo on June 06, 2019, 08:38:14 PM
And Jessie Cave is doing a wip lunchtime show with her sister.

Yep, that's in the calendar.
Really need Kitson to confirm one way or another so I can book another chunk of stuff.

DrGreggles

Anyone have any theatre suggestions/recommendations?
I like to pretend that I'm cultured every so often.

Quote from: DrGreggles on June 11, 2019, 07:33:25 PM
Anyone have any theatre suggestions/recommendations?
I like to pretend that I'm cultured every so often.

Richard Gadd's in the theatre section this year isn't he?

DrGreggles

DrGreggles

The Stand have released a few more tickets for the (previously sold out) Stewart Lee gigs:
https://www.thestand.co.uk/shows/649-stewart-lee-wok-in-progress/

CaledonianGonzo

Saw Catherine Bohart's WIP yesterday afternoon at The Stand. Way stronger than expected and the final show should be well worth seeking out of you're in the market for some conventional, quirk-free stand up.

DrGreggles

Going to see a double preview of Moon and Rachel Fairburn in a couple of weeks.
Which is good as they're both on at the same time during the Fringe and my calendar is already pretty full at that time.

JCR

Quote from: DrGreggles on June 16, 2019, 11:37:31 AM
https://tickets.edfringe.com/whats-on/faulty-towers-the-dining-experience

https://tickets.edfringe.com/whats-on/fawlty-towers-live-themed-dinner-show

FIIIIIIGHT!!!

I was surprised there weren't more of them, as the one that used to run in the restaurant on the corner of South Bridge & Drummond Street was always full whenever I walked past.

John Cleese will have a fit that one of them has put his and C. Booth's names on the poster.

Quisby

My Fringe plans so far - bought a ticket for Stewart Lee for a night it now looks like I won't be able to go. And today got a letter about being called for jury duty starting 12th August. Is "I would rather be in another city watching comedians" a sufficient reason for getting out of it?

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Quisby on June 20, 2019, 06:53:33 PM
My Fringe plans so far - bought a ticket for Stewart Lee for a night it now looks like I won't be able to go. And today got a letter about being called for jury duty starting 12th August. Is "I would rather be in another city watching comedians" a sufficient reason for getting out of it?

I think you can get out of it if you say you're away on holiday. But it might have changed since I was last called up in the 90s.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Quisby on June 20, 2019, 06:53:33 PM

Can you still get out of it by proving that you'd incur a financial loss by attending?

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on June 20, 2019, 06:57:25 PM
I think you can get out of it if you say you're away on holiday. But it might have changed since I was last called up in the 90s.

It's all different nowadays with the political correctness. You have to say you're on an "all-inclusive sabbatical". I mean, puh-lease!

JCR

Hannah Gadsby is playing the Festival Theatre on 30th October.