Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:53:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Edinburgh Fringe Festival 2019

Started by Malcy, January 31, 2019, 04:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JCR

Could still be doing the last week in the Assembly Hall. Which I guess is the most it makes sense for her career to be here at this point.

DrGreggles

More shows announced on Thursday.

Malcy

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 15, 2019, 06:56:07 PM
More shows announced on Thursday.

Was hoping to do a few days this year but there's barely enough to fill one for me so far. Hope there's something good.

DrGreggles

I'm already booked in for a week, so there needs to be some good stuff or I'm in for a few days of alcoholism and Fringe theatre!

Actually there's a fair few "oh, go on then" shows announced already. I'm sure I can fill the calendar easily enough.

Malcy

rasta-spouse

Is Morporgo about this year? Or is he a every two years guy now.

DrGreggles

Quote from: rasta-spouse on April 16, 2019, 10:26:11 AM
Is Morporgo about this year? Or is he a every two years guy now.

If he is, he will be .

Timothy

He doesn't seem to have any work in progress shows planned and last year his promised new bit during a line-up show consisted of old Frankenstein material.

DrGreggles

Some new Underbelly shows are up.
Fucking prices on them!

Sebastian Cobb

Stewart Lee doing a WIP after a slot became available. Aug 9th - Aug 15th 2019 7.10pm EDINBURGH FESTIVAL FRINGE, THE STAND'S NEW TOWN THEATRE, GRAND HALL

DrGreggles

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 17, 2019, 11:08:34 AM
Stewart Lee doing a WIP after a slot became available. Aug 9th - Aug 15th 2019 7.10pm EDINBURGH FESTIVAL FRINGE, THE STAND'S NEW TOWN THEATRE, GRAND HALL

That's when I'm there!

On sale yet?

Quisby

On sale noon tomorrow. How big is that venue? Likely to sell out immediately?

DrGreggles

Quote from: Quisby on April 17, 2019, 11:50:45 AM

Probably not immediately, but it'll sell out.

Timothy

Frank Skinner will perform at the venue formerly knowm as Assembly George Square Theatre.

DrGreggles

Where is all this info coming from?

Quisby

I got it from his mailing list. Not sure what I'm doing or what my availability is in August yet. Pondering whether to gamble and book a ticket. Also just realised I will be in a meeting when  the tickets go on sale. "Excuse me I'm just going to nip to the loo".

JCR

Quote from: Quisby on April 17, 2019, 11:50:45 AM

It's mid sized, somewhere between 300-400 seats I think

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Timothy on April 16, 2019, 12:03:23 PM
He doesn't seem to have any work in progress shows planned and last year his promised new bit during a line-up show consisted of old Frankenstein material.

Morpurgo was supposed to be doing a work in progress in December but cancelled it with a couple of weeks to go due to it clashing with him filming something, the venue promised to email ticket buyers when it was reorganised and it never was unfortunately, and it's probably a bit late for him to start trying out something new now which is all a bit of a shame.

As mentioned in the Stand Up thread I saw Michael Brunstrom do a work in progress last week and loved it, and his last show was fantastic too, so I'd definitely recommend people go to see him.

CaledonianGonzo

JoMo will be in town with Austentatious anyway, so may use it as an opportunity to do some WIP.

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: Quisby on April 17, 2019, 12:52:27 PM
Also just realised I will be in a meeting when  the tickets go on sale. "Excuse me I'm just going to nip to the loo".

I'm going to be in a bombed out old building in Beirut.  Bet there's no Wi-Fi.

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: Malcy on March 21, 2019, 06:32:09 PM
Nothing that interests me in the latest batch. Fingers crossed for the next lot

Quote from: Malcy on April 15, 2019, 08:14:10 PM
Was hoping to do a few days this year but there's barely enough to fill one for me so far. Hope there's something good.

There's a good chance that some of the best comedy shows of 2019 are already on there but by comedians no one is talking about or have no name recognition on here as of yet.  Completely packing your schedule this far out will mean you have no flexibility nearer the time when it starts to be clear which are the good and bad shows.

Timothy

Most shows are on sale now at the venue websites.

Wanted to book Frank Skinner but 17,50 for a Fringe show.... not sure if I want to pay that.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Timothy on April 18, 2019, 09:37:30 AM
Most shows are on sale now at the venue websites.

Wanted to book Frank Skinner but 17,50 for a Fringe show.... not sure if I want to pay that.

Last time he was there it was a 90 minute show, so it's not bad if that's the case again.

Timothy

60 minutes according to Assembly :(.

DrGreggles

Just seen that. Shame, I was hoping for his full touring show.

That said, there appears to have been an increase everywhere this year.
Only a quid or two per gig, but that soon adds up if you're there for a week and take in a ridiculous number of shows.

DrGreggles

JCR

Pleased Michael Legge has been promoted to the main Stand, even if it's at midday.

Timothy

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 18, 2019, 11:13:09 AM
Herring's podcast is £16!

Stewart Lee work in progress at a large room is 15 pounds.
Both have no right to complain about the state of the Fringe anymore.