Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:59:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

How to win over Pancreas and defeat the odds

Started by BlodwynPig, January 31, 2019, 08:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thenoise

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 01, 2019, 03:08:38 PM
The green and blue are periodic orbits, so you were close

Is there anything the feminists won't take over and make about their fannies?

Mr. Internet

This is easy. Get Jean-Pierre Serre to act as your wingman.

pancreas

Quote from: Mr. Internet on February 01, 2019, 07:13:31 PM
This is easy. Get Jean-Pierre Serre to act as your wingman.

This is very good advice. Not sure if he knows much about modelling anaerobic digestion tho.

BlodwynPig

Tales from Topological Oceans - An Unfinished Novel by P. Ancreas (Fields Medal, 2021). (Forward by Blodwyn T. Pig, former academic).

steve98

Are you doing research Pig? Or what? We can't advise you without some details. All you've given us is - You and Pancreas do sums, and he holds your future in his hands. Can you say, in one sentence, what your research is about?

Twed

If you need to hire somebody to tell you to stop being such maths pricks I'm game

OH SORRY, I MEAN I'M 4% GAME OVER EPSILON INTEGRAL CUNT + 9 SUBSCRIPT ANUSOL

BlodwynPig

Quote from: steve98 on February 01, 2019, 07:47:34 PM
Are you doing research Pig? Or what? We can't advise you without some details. All you've given us is - You and Pancreas do sums, and he holds your future in his hands. Can you say, in one sentence, what your research is about?

It is legion.

I model and analyse the models of microbially-driven processes such as wastewater treatment, anaerobic digestion, initially with reduced dimensional systems taking an analytical approach and also numerically for more complex systems such as biofilm development in nitrification-denitrification. I also consider the data-driven models/machine learning for process optimisation and control, fault detection and diagnosis, and soft-sensing.

It's not all trivial though, we've been struggling for a year to develop the correct numerical approach to simulate a 1 dimensional hybrid reactor (biofilm/planktonic) with detachment and attachment processes. We're close to solving it and I will post the subsequent publication in H.S. Art.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Twed on February 01, 2019, 07:50:28 PM
If you need to hire somebody to tell you to stop being such maths pricks I'm game

OH SORRY, I MEAN I'M 4% GAME OVER EPSILON INTEGRAL CUNT + 9 SUBSCRIPT ANUSOL

I'm not maths prick, it is a means to an end...i.e. the end of Nitrite Oxidising Bacteria which are bastards to get rid of and DIRECTLY IMPACT YOUR LIFE!

And if anyone is thinking I'm up my own arse, this is good practice as my fellowship requires me to explain my work to the THICK CUNT ON THE STREET from time to time.

Twed

It's affectionate ribbing. That's why I have to stab you both

Twed

I'm honestly not sure why I decided I had to be really aggressive about this with a vaguely mathematical theme. My heart's not in but I'm somehow duty bound.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Twed on February 01, 2019, 08:00:12 PM
It's affectionate ribbing. That's why I have to stab you both

Rib away Sin(θ)/Cos(θ) = Rib(θ)

Twed

monkfromhavana

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 01, 2019, 07:55:02 PM
It is legion.

I model and analyse the models of microbially-driven processes such as wastewater treatment, anaerobic digestion, initially with reduced dimensional systems taking an analytical approach and also numerically for more complex systems such as biofilm development in nitrification-denitrification. I also consider the data-driven models/machine learning for process optimisation and control, fault detection and diagnosis, and soft-sensing.

It's not all trivial though, we've been struggling for a year to develop the correct numerical approach to simulate a 1 dimensional hybrid reactor (biofilm/planktonic) with detachment and attachment processes. We're close to solving it and I will post the subsequent publication in H.S. Art.

...but what exactly do you do?

bgmnts

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 01, 2019, 07:55:02 PM
It is legion.

Jargon overload.

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

bgmnts

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 02, 2019, 05:34:18 PM
jargon is just words you don't understand

what do you do?

I observe and analyse your mum.

BlodwynPig