Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:04:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

How do you make your bedroom look nice?

Started by Z, January 31, 2019, 09:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bumlord

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 03, 2019, 02:23:54 PM
Have you considered just leaving the stuff you want shot of in the street? If it's good a neighbour will take it, if it's shit the council will take it away.

That's ILLEGAL :o

Sebastian Cobb

Got bulk uplift round here. But it's not really considered bad to leave stuff that isn't actual rubbish in the street as someone will have it. Same for ovens and boilers as some rag and bone man will have it for scrap.

The Bumlord

Small Man Big Horse

I think this guy has the right idea: https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-77313167.html

If he wasn't still in prison I'd imagine it was mook selling this house.

thenoise

Quote from: imitationleather on February 03, 2019, 02:26:09 PM
If your room is a mattress on the floor and a load of Amazon boxes just say you only moved in that weekend.

Sorted.

Obviously if this thing with the woman visitor somehow turns into a long-term relationship (don't worry, it won't) then you'll have to get DIY SOS in or something.

Ask her for 'inspiration' how to decorate the room (ie get her to do it).

Buelligan

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on February 03, 2019, 05:53:03 PM
I think this guy has the right idea: https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-77313167.html

That really utterly vile.  I can't tell you how horrendous I think it is.  I find it wonderful that someone obviously exists who thinks that that was worth doing, it's just incredible.  Thank you, SMBH, for amazing the fuck out of me.

bgmnts

I like it, lots of colour.

Not the stuffed animals obviously.

Sebastian Cobb

A lot of effort has gone to expose and saturate that photo well. Bet it looks like a drab burgundy mess normally.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Buelligan on February 03, 2019, 08:17:22 PM
That really utterly vile.  I can't tell you how horrendous I think it is.  I find it wonderful that someone obviously exists who thinks that that was worth doing, it's just incredible.  Thank you, SMBH, for amazing the fuck out of me.

The whole thing is one horrible gaudy mess and yet part of me would love to live there.

Though given how much I move about when asleep it'd probably be best if I removed the stag's head or I'd wake up eyeless.

Edit: Hmmm, the more I think about it, maybe it's Shoulders' childhood home.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on February 03, 2019, 08:53:38 PM
The whole thing is one horrible gaudy mess and yet part of me would love to live there.

There's some gems on vice that are just as awful and less extravagant

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/topic/london-rental-opportunity-of-the-week

My favourite is the blue-tile basement.

ToneLa

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on February 03, 2019, 08:53:38 PM

What the fuck has that room come to the Halloween party as? What's the dirty protest about? The sofa is totally bogrolled

Clownbaby

mothman

I'm quite fascinated by r/GirlsInMessyRooms. But that's a whole other kettle of fish and will just make the OP feel even more depressed.

EbbyVale

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 03, 2019, 08:30:19 PM
A lot of effort has gone to expose and saturate that photo well. Bet it looks like a drab burgundy mess normally.

I just assumed vintage Changing Rooms.  Hoist up old Antlers there and you'll find Handy Andy's autograph.

Flatulent Fox

Quote from: Utterdrivel on February 03, 2019, 02:58:17 PM
That's ILLEGAL :o
No it isn't.I throw out all sorts of stuff in the street all the time.Like Fridges and such.

And I've picked up loads of stuff too:

- A nice faux leather swivel chair (Now broken,so I must remember to throw that out)
   - A painting Easle ( Thanks arts centre around the corner!)
   - An Oak chest of drawers (No hidden treasure in a concealed compartment)
   - A guitar stand (But no guitar.Probably why they threw it away in the first place)

All those things add interest to any bathroom.

Quote from: Flatulent Fox on February 12, 2019, 03:44:00 AM
No it isn't.I throw out all sorts of stuff in the street all the time.Like Fridges and such.

Sorry but it is illegal, even if done for the best of reasons. If you were caught leaving stuff on the pavement you'd be either given the option of a fine (£400 where I live) or, if you declined and there was sufficient evidence, prosecuted for fly-tipping.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on February 20, 2019, 10:46:07 PM
Sorry but it is illegal, even if done for the best of reasons. If you were caught leaving stuff on the pavement you'd be either given the option of a fine (£400 where I live) or, if you declined and there was sufficient evidence, prosecuted for fly-tipping.

Correct.  Imagine actually thinking this...

Quote from: Flatulent Fox on February 12, 2019, 03:44:00 AM

"I do it, so it can't possibly be illegal!"

Baffling logic, or lack thereof.  Knackered fridges, strewn around public spaces with gay abandon.  Nah, nowt wrong with that, mate.  Perfectly kosher, like.

Ridiculous.

Ferris

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on February 03, 2019, 05:53:03 PM

Looks like it's been decorated with leftover bits from the Crystal Maze. Why hasn't the estate agent said "right, see all this absolute fucking shit? Bin it"

Black Ship

Half my bedroom is an ersatz art studio, so I have loads of my paintings and art materials knocking about.

St_Eddie

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on February 21, 2019, 01:58:02 AM
Looks like it's been decorated with leftover bits from the Crystal Maze.

Haha!  It really does!  I can imagine Richard O'Brien and Ed Tudor-Pole living there, as a bickering gay couple, with Mumsey occasionally dropping by to break things up.

Somebody contact Channel 4.  I've got a killer sitcom concept which is set to rival Mrs. Brown's Boys in the ratings.

Pijlstaart

My old landlady would command me to flytip, but I never did. She'd leave microwaves and broken chairs on the street outside the house, and people would tut. I was going to move a microwave back indoors, to be disposed of properly, but it had been rained in, the microwave had been rained on, so I left it out there. Landlady, you have mired me in wretchedness. I am benighted, and no better than the monkeys in the trees himself.

My bedroom still has about 50 cans of discount soup in it, I've stacked them in 5 great pillars, named shahada, zakat, salah, sawm and hajj and they not only provide me with sustenance but substitute for a statement wall. Campbells, so an iconic brand, big in the art world.