Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:09:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Developer Mode on Chromebook

Started by bgmnts, February 01, 2019, 12:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Currently trying to run Google Play Apps on my Chromebook and despite having version 71, requiring updates, it's not allowing me to. I've read the only way to get around this is to switch your machine in to Developer mode.

Is this wise? I mean worst comes to worse I can just reset it if it bugs out constantly I suppose, but has anyone had any experience with this or is using a chromebook shit for cunts?

MojoJojo

I have mine in developer mode - mostly so I can chroot* to linux when I occasionally want to do clever stuff on my laptop.
Main issue is switching wipes your hard disk**, and every time you reboot it will throw up a screen telling you it's in developer mode. If you press space on that screen it will switch you out of developer mode and wipe your disk for you. You need to press Ctrl-D to just boot up back into developer mode.

So basically don't keep anything important on your chromebook if you are going to run it in developer mode.

*crouton
** flash card, whatever