Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:21:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Your funeral song

Started by Twed, February 01, 2019, 04:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twed

Funerals are for the living, but I'd still hope to make a statement at my own.

I'll go for This Mortal Coil - Song to the Siren. That'll make the fuckers cry.

chveik

fucking ponderous

Everybody Wants to Rule the World
or i'd leave it on a loop at the scene of my suicide. or both! i'd leave it up to whoever's alive after my death, y'know?

lebowskibukowski

Almost anything except "Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life".

Maybe "Sunshine On Leith", or Johnny Cash's cover of "One"

samadriel

Funcrusher

Probably nothing, but 'And When I Die' by Laura Nyro would be a good one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCvwDjgKPoc

Swoz_MK

Circulus - 'Swallow'
Wata - 'Angel'
Riz Ortolani - 'Cannibal Holocaust - Main Theme'

Icehaven

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Sebastian Cobb

Twed

ToneLa

Max Don't Have Sex With Your Ex by E-rotic

Scatman's World at the buffet, a bit of philosophy never hurt

hummingofevil

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on February 01, 2019, 01:25:38 PM
Dopesmoker.

With a couple pounds of weed stashed in coffin for a nice smooth burn.

I've not been to funeral or cremation since 1997 (don't like them) so don't know how they work but I want to be set on fire to Cargo Culte from Histoire de Melody Nelson and want to be fully roaring by time choir kicks in. If people aren't allowed to watch coffin burn then fuck it I don't even want a funeral.

TBF, I'd rather pick the music for my wake with clear instructions to my use my subs, play it loud as possible without peaking the channels and a sign on the mixer warning people I will haunt them if they turn it down. Setlist likely to change but at the moment I can't stop listening to Fade Away by Hannah Diamond so just that on a loop.

Have to get Will You Miss Me When I Burn in there somewhere too.

Funcrusher

MrSerious

Dannyhood91

Golden E. Pump

Either the Peppermint Disco Mix of 'Sex Bomb' or 'Delilah' by Tom Jones.

ToneLa

BBF3 by Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Rizla

Mate of mine has "Don't You Forget About Me" by Simple Minds which is unbeatable I reckon.

I'll go with "The Hell Of It" from Phantom of the Paradise - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vuikvl7zt3E

thraxx

Reet Petite by Jackie Wilson.

Ferris

Dry Bones in the Valley by John Fahey, and From the Morning by Nick Drake.

Twed

Lordofthefiles

Head Gardener

studpuppet

Quote from: icehaven on February 01, 2019, 11:21:27 AM
The Time Warp.

I loved the couple of seconds in Pschyoville when they're at the funeral doing this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCbnxX7VEuU

THIS is my serious one, because I fancy "The petals that were blooming are just paper in your hands" being wailed at top volume over the congregation's heads.

And then I want all my mates playing jiggly air guitar to THIS as they file out past the coffin.

Icehaven

A bloke at work died unexpectedly in his early 50s, and at the funeral as the coffin was being carried down the aisle with his literally weeping widow following, Hooked on a Feeling started up, "Ooo-ga-chaga ooga ooga ooo-ga-chaga ooga ooga" Turned out to not even be the most unexpected musical moment in the funeral though, as at the end the coffin trundled slowly through the curtains to the Dr. Who theme tune.

Jockice

Fuck Off And Leave Me Alone by the Angelic Upstarts.

Jockice

Quote from: icehaven on May 19, 2019, 07:53:35 PM
A bloke at work died unexpectedly in his early 50s, and at the funeral as the coffin was being carried down the aisle with his literally weeping widow following, Hooked on a Feeling started up, "Ooo-ga-chaga ooga ooga ooo-ga-chaga ooga ooga" Turned out to not even be the most unexpected musical moment in the funeral though, as at the end the coffin trundled slowly through the curtains to the Dr. Who theme tune.

I was at a friend's dad's a few years ago and during the ceremony someone's phone ringtone went off. Living Next Door To Alice. Fortunately he managed to turn it off before we discovered if it was THAT version...