Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:55:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Your funeral song

Started by Twed, February 01, 2019, 04:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Durance Vile

Old Ned or Yakety Sax, depending on the circumstances.

Sebastian Cobb

Imagine all your relatives watching your coffin disappear behind the crem curtains while the sax's from Baker Street done their stuff. Just fucking imagine that for a second.

All Surrogate

Akhnaten - The Funeral of Amenhotep III

Strong are thy sails in the wind
As thou sailest over the Lake of Fire!

alan nagsworth

d'Eon - Dread God

I have BlodwynPig to thank for introducing this beautiful piece of music to me. I think it would just as easily suit being played at the start of a wedding as the guests are seated, but fucking hell, imagine how incredibly poignant this song would be at a funeral. It's a modern baroque masterpiece as far as I'm concerned. Also bonus pretentious points for picking something this obscure which I think my friends would find really funny.

Dusty Substance

Nobody Does Did It Better by Carly Simon. Not only is it an absolute, tear-jerking banger, it will suit my Bond themed funeral perfectly.

Deyv

Another Nail in my Heart or Pulling Muscles (From the Shell) by Squeeze.

thraxx

Another vote for Riz Ortolani's Cannibal theme, but also Cocteau's Carolyn's Fingers.

Deyv

The Dr. Who theme tune was played at my uncle's funeral at the end. Within 3 years, my other uncle had died and Metallica's Enter Sandman played as his coffin receded. Guess which one was single and which had a partner and two kids. Go on, guess.

I think my dad will have to have some sort of combination of the two for his funeral, he doesn't like picking sides. Have Metallica ever covered Dr Who? How do you ask someone what they want played at their funeral without reminding them that they're closer to death than you?

Shaky

Quote from: Deyv on May 20, 2019, 09:28:06 PM
The Dr. Who theme tune was played at my uncle's funeral at the end. Within 3 years, my other uncle had died and Metallica's Enter Sandman played as his coffin receded. Guess which one was single and which had a partner and two kids. Go on, guess.

That's a tough call. Both cracking bits of music, though, whether one is enjoying a wholesome family picnic or despairingly getting down to the 9th wank of the day while covered in crisps.

alan nagsworth

There's an astounding ROCK BAR JUKEBOX pomposity to playing Enter Sandman at your funeral. No offence to your uncle Deyv, because I'm totally into it, but I would find the whole affair brillliantly funny if I were in attendance, and that's ace. Funerals are badass and there's no reason they shouldn't be played out as such.

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 19, 2019, 09:56:01 PM
Imagine all your relatives watching your coffin disappear behind the crem curtains while the sax's from Baker Street done their stuff. Just fucking imagine that for a second.

That would be pretty powerful.

Mind, if we're having saxophones, I want this played live, with the sax guy riding my coffin as it descends.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Deyv on May 20, 2019, 09:18:35 PM
Another Nail in my Heart or Pulling Muscles (From the Shell) by Squeeze.

The first one would be particularly poignant, if you'd died from nails in your heart.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Erm, let's see....

"The Unfortunate Gwatkin" by Half Man Half Biscuit
Theme from popular Liverpool-set sit-com "Watching"
"Geek Love" by Bang Bang Machine

Any of those.

Deyv

Quote from: Shaky on May 21, 2019, 12:46:16 AM
That's a tough call. Both cracking bits of music, though, whether one is enjoying a wholesome family picnic or despairingly getting down to the 9th wank of the day while covered in crisps.

I'll have to take your word on the former.

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on May 21, 2019, 10:15:57 AM
The first one would be particularly poignant, if you'd died from nails in your heart.

Runs in the family, like dignity and charm.