Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:19:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I could do that!

Started by Purple Tentacle, February 23, 2004, 05:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple Tentacle

I'm feeling all creative at the moment so I'll knock something up when I get home, but...

Given all the unthinking guff being levelled at "Modern Art" (surely a term as ludicriously vague as 'The Media') including stuff like "It's just shapes and colours", here's your chance to make your own art!

It can be as minimal or as full as you like, as long as it's art!

My first entry follows shortly... (ouch)

Funky Gibbon

Heh. Are you just trying to wind Fanny up?

As I posted in t'other thread, I find this Azureus screengrab pleasing.

Purple Tentacle

Hehe, no, I actually agree with fanny (both the Verbwhore and the popular female product) but I do like a good ruck.

And I do like your Azureus thing as well. Although I have no idea what Azureus is.

And besides, just because Adam and Joe's Goitre was spot-on doesn't make Jam any less impressive....

Wasn't this my thread?  I was hoping for people's own submissions.  I guess I kind of derailed it by posting existing examples, so I'll let you off the hook.

Vermschneid Mehearties

Great topic, as I love messing around and concocting stuff. Here's the first of many:

Made up from scratch, and then a filter applied to that. I claim my Turner Prize (£5).

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Concerned But Powerless"Wasn't this my thread?  I was hoping for people's own submissions.  I guess I kind of derailed it by posting existing examples, so I'll let you off the hook.

Oh sorry, I missed the point of your thread entirely then, I thought it was for posting existing examples of art you like.

Art-U-Like.

gazzyk1ns

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"

And I do like your Azureus thing as well. Although I have no idea what Azureus is.

It's a Bittorrent client, and I like it too... even when a download is stopped or going really slowly I find myself examining the little diagrams of which parts of which files I have, for fun.

sore bottom mum

Quote from: "Concerned But Powerless"Wasn't this my thread?  I was hoping for people's own submissions.  I guess I kind of derailed it by posting existing examples, so I'll let you off the hook.

For the sake of posting in all 4 forums this-evening...I did the painting for the cover of the album 3rd from the right (at the bottom)... I can't find a better image of it.

splattermac

this one?

nice, shame about the band *wink, nudge, push over cliff*

wasp_f15ting

sore bottom mum

Quote from: "splattermac" this one?

nice, shame about the band *wink, nudge, push over cliff*

no...sorry I meant 3rd from Right (not left)

....at school it was always the basics I could never get my head around!

splattermac

Hideous you wind up merchant,

Miro, Mondrian, Riley, Vasarely you aren't.

Jeff Minter you might be.

weekender

Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"even when a download is stopped or going really slowly I find myself examining the little diagrams of which parts of which files I have, for fun.

You really have a pathetic life, don't you?

gazzyk1ns

Fact of the day:

Massive Attack's "Blue Lines" album was named that because 3D enjoyed looking at Azureus graphics such as those captured above.

Don't mock it.

weekender

Fact of the day:

All of these designs have come about from people wanting to make bigger and better Transformers.

Vermschneid Mehearties

More splodgery. I love the moderations you can get for the brushes on promotoshop.

Flook

more photosloppery - airbrush a random background then keep adding filters on top of each other til it looks nice. Art students pah - piece o' piss :-)

mook

I call this Emin's left tit.  ;-)

Nearly Annually

(Needed the light blue background) v

Nearly Annually

Uncle_Z

I call this one "Double 'ard barstard with twinkly eyes"

mook

I weckon this thread should be renamed "G'wan chuck another filter at it."

Vermschneid Mehearties

Ok so I cheated by adding a world map, but I've fucked it up a bit since its original state, and drew the flag..so...err...yeah.

Rubbish Monkey

Rats

Frinky

Des Nilsen

Ladies & Gentlemen, I give you... CLAMS IN A PRAM!

-