Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,470
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:02:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ricky Gervais [split topic]

Started by Sebastian Cobb, January 30, 2019, 05:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cliggg

Quote from: cliggg on April 10, 2019, 11:41:57 AM
Ricky has offended a horse trainer for tweeting about the treatment of horses at the Grand National. It doesn't really mean anything but does in relation to this thread (or anything at al really) but does show how bored I am in work today.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/i-had-to-say-something-meath-trainer-responds-to-ricky-gervais-offensive-tweet-in-aftermath-of-grand-national-916207.html

Fuck me my grammar was terrible in that post. If Ricky tweeted something with grammar that bad you guys would slate him on here!

Blue Jam

Jeez, the old "they should test drugs on prisoners instead" argument:

https://twitter.com/DAZ600/status/1105489246427713536

Yes, let's be more like Nazi Germany and North Korea #KindnessIsMagic

Sebastian Cobb

I see us adopting a more neoliberal attitude to drugs testing. It could be a new exciting start-up in the gig economy.

I'll start designing the app.

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 10, 2019, 03:41:30 PM
I see us adopting a more neoliberal attitude to drugs testing. It could be a new exciting start-up in the gig economy.

I'll start designing the app.

Druggr
Blitzd
Testio

PlanktonSideburns

phes

Quote from: cliggg on April 10, 2019, 02:18:20 PM
Fuck me my grammar was terrible in that post. If Ricky tweeted something with grammar that bad you guys would slate him on here!

I can't imagine anyone gives two hoots about RG's grammar.

He's right about the horses thing. They're pets ffs not an adrenaline junkie step-son who knew the risks and died doing what he loved

Dr Sanchez

Gervais you absolute idiot!

The only way to sort this out is to make a brand new Derek special where he infiltrates the horse racing industry, becomes a famous jockey and makes the world see how kind horses are.

Imagine Derek riding a horse? Gervais gurning and whipping away.

neardark

Really weird how much he loves animals.

Sebastian Cobb

Definitely not the sort of thing a sociopath would do to try and make themselves look sensitive!

St_Eddie

Quote from: Dr Sanchez on April 10, 2019, 06:49:15 PM
Imagine Derek riding a horse? Gervais gurning and whipping away.

Meanwhile, Kev mounts one of the dementia suffering old dears from the retirement home, whipping her around the track, special brew in hand.  At the finish line, Kev cums into her vag and proclaims "now that's what I call a photo finish.  Who came first, me or her?".  The old lady sobs and looks confused.  Kev foribly places a Christmas hat upon her head with the words 'dirty slut' inscribed upon it. #KindnessIsMagic

idunnosomename

Quote from: Blue Jam on April 10, 2019, 02:18:06 PM
I'm not sure what you mean with that gif, Bronzy. My point is that rescue dogs usually have behavioural problems and can be very hard work- worth it if you're able to put in the time and effort or pay a professional to help you, but not everyone is. Dogs that have been abused can have issues with nervous aggression and aren't suitable for first-time owners and families with young children. It's also cruel to adopt a dog when there's a good chance that you'll have to return it- if you have an allergy for example, or you find it isn't good with your children and other pets. Not all dogs are good "starter dogs" either, and a first-time owner should choose their dog very carefully.

I think getting a rescue dog is the ideal, but if you really can't do that, I think buying from a breeder is fine as long as you learn how to find a reputable one. Breed-specific rescues are an option too.

The only exception I'd make is for Staffies- go to a rescue centre for those, there are loads which need rehoming and too many greedy bastards breeding them.
A lot of dogs in rescue homes are just unwanted for whatever reason - people have moved, died, they're accidental puppies. There are way more dogs than we need about at the moment so I think that adopting dogs is the best thing rather than breeds. Pure-bred dogs can be inbred nutters anyway

Dr Sanchez

Quote from: St_Eddie on April 10, 2019, 07:25:25 PM

At the finish line, Kev cums into her vag and proclaims "now that's what I call a photo finish.  Who came first, me or her?".  The old lady sobs and looks confused.  Kev foribly places a Christmas hat upon her head with the words 'dirty slut' inscribed upon it. #KindnessIsMagic

Haha, you nailed it. Expect a call from Gervais. Afterlife 2 won't write itself!

Blue Jam

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 10, 2019, 07:52:01 PM
A lot of dogs in rescue homes are just unwanted for whatever reason - people have moved, died, they're accidental puppies. There are way more dogs than we need about at the moment so I think that adopting dogs is the best thing rather than breeds. Pure-bred dogs can be inbred nutters anyway

Well, yep, I'm not arguing with any of that. I already said rescuing a dog is the ideal and I think people should do it if they can. I'd love another rescue but having a partner who is allergic to many breeds of dog is a problem there. I've got my eye on a breed-specific rescue place, I'd also happily adopt a "senior" doggo, because ohmygodjust look at them...

I'm with you on avoiding certain breeds because of the problems of inbreeding too, but I do get a bit annoyed when I see people cite the obvious examples (pugs, French bulldogs etc), not realising that cocker spaniels, Labradors and other supposedly sensible, non-faddy breeds have a load of problems too. I'm after a Bedlington terrier, before you ask, and they seem one of the more healthy, long-lived, hypoallergenic breeds. A Bedlington-whippet cross would be another option...

I think people just need to think things through and choose wisely. The problem of too many dogs is in part due to people not thinking through the decision to get a dog.

Puce Moment

I have been on a massive Patrice O'Neal splurge for the last couple of days. I have spotted so much that Gervais ripped off from the great man.

Dr Sanchez

Quote from: Puce Moment on April 10, 2019, 11:13:19 PM
I have been on a massive Patrice O'Neal splurge for the last couple of days. I have spotted so much that Gervais ripped off from the great man.

Gervais recently said that he discovered Patrice (like he's an obscure unknown comedian) and that he's his favourite comedian now.

So yeah, he's stealing from him for sure.

Puce Moment

Quote from: Dr Sanchez on April 10, 2019, 11:38:02 PM
Gervais recently said that he discovered Patrice (like he's an obscure unknown comedian) and that he's his favourite comedian now.

So yeah, he's stealing from him for sure.

The 'fat' stuff is directly lifted from Patrice, but it's more about the tone, rhythm and use of incomplete sentences that audiences must fill, used as a kind of naturalism. To me this is a linguistic style that Gervais must have lifted ages ago because Patrice does this all the time.

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: Dr Sanchez on April 10, 2019, 11:38:02 PM

Piers Morgan was genuinely upset when she died.

Didn't Gervais say the same thing about Bill Burr not that long ago?

Bronzy

Quote from: Blue Jam on April 10, 2019, 02:18:06 PM
I'm not sure what you mean with that gif, Bronzy. My point is that rescue dogs usually have behavioural problems and can be very hard work- worth it if you're able to put in the time and effort or pay a professional to help you, but not everyone is. Dogs that have been abused can have issues with nervous aggression and aren't suitable for first-time owners and families with young children. It's also cruel to adopt a dog when there's a good chance that you'll have to return it- if you have an allergy for example, or you find it isn't good with your children and other pets. Not all dogs are good "starter dogs" either, and a first-time owner should choose their dog very carefully.

I think getting a rescue dog is the ideal, but if you really can't do that, I think buying from a breeder is fine as long as you learn how to find a reputable one. Breed-specific rescues are an option too.

The only exception I'd make is for Staffies- go to a rescue centre for those, there are loads which need rehoming and too many greedy bastards breeding them.

Surely his mantra is "adopt, don't shop"?

It's just that you said "shop, don't adopt", tis all.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Bronzy on April 11, 2019, 01:33:14 AM

I think you'll find it's "don't, adopt shop".

Bronzy

Quote from: St_Eddie on April 11, 2019, 04:53:09 AM
I think you'll find it's "don't, adopt shop".

"Shop till you adopt"

Blue Jam

Quote from: Bronzy on April 11, 2019, 01:33:14 AM

Oh...

Duhhhh *does Derek face*

notjosh

Quote from: Blue Jam on April 11, 2019, 01:10:09 PM
Oh...

Duhhhh *does Derek face*

What's being very kind got to do with this?

phes

It's a not so bad, Broad Hill's a kind place
shhh'adopt a mong face

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Bennett Brauer on April 11, 2019, 01:00:44 AM
Didn't Gervais say the same thing about Bill Burr not that long ago?

Don't let him hear this then https://youtu.be/-6_yJTA2Yx4

Blue Jam

Quote from: notjosh on April 11, 2019, 01:47:22 PM
What's being very kind got to do with this?

Kind people adopt dogs:

"This is Fido, he lives here. Now."

Ferris

Quote from: Twit 2 on April 12, 2019, 12:02:18 PM
Will this be worse than After Life?

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/apr/12/johnny-depp-the-professor-film-trailer

Terrible writing from the Graun, sub-twitter bullshit. And they have the gall to stick an ad asking for money (that "goes directly to supporting our journalism") at the end?! Oh dear oh dear.

phes

Crikey Vince Gilligan could probably sue for that opening scene. Breaking Bad really going strong right now influencing a rash of shows about people misbehaving after getting bad news

Twit 2

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 12, 2019, 12:05:32 PM
Terrible writing from the Graun, sub-twitter bullshit. And they have the gall to stick an ad asking for money (that "goes directly to supporting our journalism") at the end?! Oh dear oh dear.

It's Stuart Heritage!

Dr Sanchez

Johnny Depp's wigs are the most interesting aspect of his career.