Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:14:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ricky Gervais [split topic]

Started by Sebastian Cobb, January 30, 2019, 05:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Quote from: Twit 2 on April 12, 2019, 01:32:55 PM
It's Stuart Heritage!

I don't know who that is, I assumed it was work experience kids or something.

The Graun would have more luck with those ads if they said "help us pay directly for journalism, so we don't have to fill our pages with this shite". Just a thought, Graun editors!

Twit 2

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 12, 2019, 03:41:18 PM
I don't know who that is, I assumed it was work experience kids or something.

The Graun would have more luck with those ads if they said "help us pay directly for journalism, so we don't have to fill our pages with this shite". Just a thought, Graun editors!

Stuart Heritage is the worst journalist in the paper. Even Sam Wollaston is so bad he's nesrly good, SH is so bad he's bad.

I just watched episodes 2-4 back to back. The other actors are good. I like the rape to death line and I smirked at the notion of Corden being essentially a chauffeur. Apart from that it's wall to wall bizarre shit.

Ferris

Quote from: Twit 2 on April 13, 2019, 12:32:50 AM
Stuart Heritage is the worst journalist in the paper. Even Sam Wollaston is so bad he's nesrly good, SH is so bad he's bad.

It was very poor, and a good example of why I no longer read (or indeed pay for) the Graun. Whenever I'm linked to it and have a brief peruse, I'm perennially amazed the standards have managed to slip a few more notches in the intervening months. I'm glad I canceled my subscription.*

That said, a CiF comment mentioned CaB which lead me here so I've got my value out of the paper.

*Another example - the baseball coverage is so infrequent and low-quality, I wonder why they bother - surely there is cheap copy available second hand from someone who knows what they are talking about. I'd consider writing it, but I didn't go to Oxbridge so I doubt they are interested in my output.