Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:44:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Jeremy Hardy has died

Started by Jake Thingray, February 01, 2019, 09:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake Thingray

Just announced, aged 57, he was a welcome voice when the air was filled with right-wing thickos, hope it's not in poor taste to say this news is Holgon-shattering.

DrGreggles

RIP Jeremy

Always liked the guy.

Utter Shit

Very sad, a real institution of Radio 4. He actually said on Twitter around new year that he was dying of cancer, then rowed back on it and said he tweeted it out of exhaustion. Poor bloke must have been in a state.

Norton Canes

Mrs Canes met him on a train once, got his autograph.

Or was that John Hegley?

Anyway this is really sad. Can some nasty fuckers please die now, too many nice people going.

Beagle 2

That's absolutely gutting. Such a witty, sound bloke, I had no idea he was ill. A real kick in the teeth.

Cuellar

Shit! I remember some cryptic tweet he posted about how he was dying, but then followed it up saying no, not dying just very stressed etc.

Crikey.

Virgo76

He was great in the underrated 90s show, If I Ruled The World.
A small part in Blackadder Goes Forth too alongside all his better known work.
A sad loss.
Hope Radio 4 do a good tribute.

Jittlebags

Sad news. I thought I'd not heard him on ISIHAC for a while.

imitationleather

Crikey. Not been familiar with his output in recent years but still genuine shock here at imitationleather Towers.

Damn you, 2016 etc.

phantom_power

I used to love his contributions to alternative comedy shows in the 80s and he was always good fun on the Radio 4 panel shows. RIP

biggytitbo

Always liked him going right back to the early 90s, right up to his recent twitter battles against cunts. And he managed to retain his principles as so many of his contemporaries peeled off to the alt centre. RIP.

Rolf Lundgren

Very sad news. A very funny, clever bloke and one of the good ones.

Small Man Big Horse

This is a shock, and very sad news, 57 is no age at all.

Fishfinger

Very sad news. Hit me unexpectedly hard. RIP.

AliasTheCat

Sorry to hear this. I always had a soft spot for him, fond memories of If I Ruled the World and his appearances on ISIHAC and the News Quiz. I only saw him do standup once, where he brought out a small child to dance on stage so that his show would appeal more to the youth audience.

Very sad news. Loved Police 4 back in the day and Radio 4's panel shows were always elevated by his presence.

hummingofevil

I met him in person once when he came over for a cuppa in a flat I was renting. Was very nice in person too. RIP

TrenterPercenter

Fucking shit news!

Saw his stand up a few years back and he was brilliant.  A clearly warm and wonderful bloke.  fucking shit this.

Absorb the anus burn

Shit.... Sad news. One of the good guys and funny too.

RIP.

SpiderChrist

Pdine

Fuck.

Did I dream this, or did he do a bit in his stand-up about the word 'cunt' that went along the lines of:

"I know it's a hateful word and that it should be eliminated from every enlightened person's vocabulary, but without it how can you drive?"

biggytitbo

a duncandisorderly

this is indeed a shitty bit of news. :-(

Chriddof

What the fuck.

Quote from: Norton Canes on February 01, 2019, 09:52:44 AM
Can some nasty fuckers please die now, too many nice people going.

Agreed x10,000.

checkoutgirl

That's shocking. Never consumed much of his stuff but recently listened to his Chain Reaction interview by Jack Dee. He did a film which took me ages to track down online called Jeremy Hardy vs. the Israeli Army (2003), which I remember being decent. I also remember him from a comedy show in the 1990s, can't remember the name of it. The only bit I remember is him and a woman are lying on a bed watching telly. Jeremy goes "You see these bodybuilders bodies are so big their penises look smaller by comparison" and the woman turns to him and goes "What's your excuse?" At least I think that was Jeremy. Also the "I have to admire your balls" feeder line in Blackadder.

neveragain

RedRevolver

Why do all of the good ones die young, and all of the twats live forever? Michael McIntyre's going to make it to 150, motorbike gangs or not.

Oof, I'm only talking about being, IMO, talentless not Hitleresque, sorry Mikey. Maybe we can get Jeremy back by trading in one of Farage's nine lives?

Puce Moment

Terribly sad - what a lovely, funny and politically sound man he was.

As a child, I loved him playing the boom guy on Rory Bremner's Now Something Else on BBC2. I used to memorise his monologues and repeat them back to my friends. I remember one about having body odour that could strip wallpaper that was a particular hit.

arpster

Sad news indeed..very fond memories of him....particularly 'Speaks to the Nation' and his singing on 'One Song to the Tune of Another' and 'Pickup Song' on ISIHAC

RIP

DrGreggles

Quote from: arpster on February 01, 2019, 01:50:56 PM
Sad news indeed..very fond memories of him....particularly 'Speaks to the Nation' and his singing on 'One Song to the Tune of Another' and 'Pickup Song' on ISIHAC

RIP

Always loved his 'singing' on ISIHAC.
Was lucky enough to be at a few recordings when Jeremy was on and the excitement of what was about to come when it was his turn was always fantastic.