Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:33:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Reasons to be cheerful (cont)

Started by Buelligan, February 01, 2019, 12:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

I know it's kind of perverse but recently I've been listening to Donald Trump quotes in the voice of Zapp Brannigan just before sleep.  Something about laughing helplessly before descending Lethe's stairs always makes me sleep warm and soft and rise smiling for another round of bashing. 

I also took the precaution of planting a hyacinth in a beautiful little pot and she is now flowering like a mofo, filling my sleeping space with the smell of spring. 

And the days are getting lighter.

I just thought I'd tell you these things and ask you never to be sad alone.

bgmnts

Snow makes me cheerful.

Plus i'll be dead soon.

Buelligan

pancreas

Quote from: bgmnts on February 01, 2019, 12:13:05 PM
Snow makes me cheerful.

Plus i'll be dead soon.

This makes me cheerful too.

Spoon of Ploff

it's nearly dinner time. this makes me happy

Buelligan

Just had mine (hour ahead).  Hazelnut bread with rhubarb jam and salad.  Cup of tea.  I love that bread.

Chollis

Buelligan

Icehaven

Buelligan

A lovely man with superlative taste (PBUH).

checkoutgirl

1. Got paid after 5 weeks of being skint after Christmas.
2. No matter how many people dislike me there are always more people who are ignorant to how much of a cunt I am.
3. I'm not homeless. Easy to take for granted but perhaps shouldn't be.
4. Work drinks tonight and I might bother my arse going.
5. poo is back talking nonsense on the forum, maybe he never stopped I don't know.

chveik

Quote from: Buelligan on February 01, 2019, 12:05:34 PM
I just thought I'd tell you these things and ask you never to be sad alone.

how fucking dare you

Pijlstaart

They're selling discount soup in bulk, I've got more than my own bodyweight in tinned soup, and I'm going to fill myself to the brim with all this soup.

Buelligan

Check, it may have a high salt content, in which case it will dehydrate you during sleeping hours and you will awaken as a tiny shrunken OXO (or Knorr, if you were raised correctly) cube, lying horribly upon the sallow sullied pillow. 

Best to drink at least two litres of water per hour for the next day is you wish to save yourself from this.

holyzombiejesus

QuoteReasons to be cheerful (cont)
QuoteJeremy Hardy has died

You bastards!

ToneLa

Banged a load of citalopram for six months and I came off it and now I'm forming a band and my music is sound and I'm funny and nice and my best friends are attractive women and or sound lads.

Honestly. I nursed my mum through four years of cancer which eventually killed her. Then a woman driving on the wrong side of the road killed my brother in law and, to this day, cannot muster the decency to say "sorry" to my sister. Plenty to get mardy about. Lord knows I have.

Reasons to be cheerful? I just told you why NOT to be cheerful and those are just things that happened to me and frankly if you spend a day counting what's good for you in your life simple mathematics shows you negativity is not honest.

bgmnts

I came off sertraline after 2 months and spiraled to depths I didn't know I could. The lethargy and weight gain has been incredible even by my standards.

Don't do anti-depressants, kids.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: ToneLa on February 01, 2019, 11:16:28 PM
Banged a load of citalopram for six months and I came off it and now I'm forming a band and my music is sound and I'm funny and nice and my best friends are attractive women and or sound lads.

Honestly. I nursed my mum through four years of cancer which eventually killed her. Then a woman driving on the wrong side of the road killed my brother in law and, to this day, cannot muster the decency to say "sorry" to my sister. Plenty to get mardy about. Lord knows I have.

Reasons to be cheerful? I just told you why NOT to be cheerful and those are just things that happened to me and frankly if you spend a day counting what's good for you in your life simple mathematics shows you negativity is not honest.

Quote from: bgmnts on February 01, 2019, 11:18:39 PM
I came off sertraline after 2 months and spiraled to depths I didn't know I could. The lethargy and weight gain has been incredible even by my standards.

Don't do anti-depressants, kids.

*tiptoes out of thread*

ToneLa

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on February 01, 2019, 11:20:37 PM
*tiptoes out of thread*

Hey I didn't splurge all that depressing shit for any reason beyond: anyone who feels they have suffered "less", and I'm not stupid enough to think I'm the KING OF ALL SUFFERING, should simply take a look at themselves and smile.

If you honestly think you have less reason to be cheerful - I'm fuckin genuinely envious! :)

And you have my solidarity in hoping you find happiness. Shit, I feel like I've beaten everything else - the only thing I want for my story is it to inspire people.

You can, lads and ladettes, walk through a storm of shit and not have yer mojo compromised. And if you think "no, that's not true, I'm doomed" - you certainly are with that attitude ;)

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: ToneLa on February 01, 2019, 11:29:12 PM
Hey I didn't splurge all that depressing shit for any reason beyond: anyone who feels they have suffered "less", and I'm not stupid enough to think I'm the KING OF ALL SUFFERING, should simply take a look at themselves and smile.

If you honestly think you have less reason to be cheerful - I'm fuckin genuinely envious! :)

And you have my solidarity in hoping you find happiness. Shit, I feel like I've beaten everything else - the only thing I want for my story is it to inspire people.

You can, lads and ladettes, walk through a storm of shit and not have yer mojo compromised. And if you think "no, that's not true, I'm doomed" - you certainly are with that attitude ;)

*starts running*

ToneLa

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on February 01, 2019, 11:31:51 PM
*starts running*

*runs after you, puts strange actions within non-parenthesis of asterisks, smiles to self as I really, really do understand, and considering how, exactly, I backpedal when various CaB folk go: Oh, yeah actually, THESE ARE HOW MY LIFE WAS EVEN WORSE, YOU FUCKIN FAKE!*

Tags: Life is like a box of Quality Street. Shit, but the long gold ones are good in your mouth

bgmnts

I can't enjoy even food anymore because of the weight.

Not even orgasms.

Not. Even. Orgasms.

ToneLa

Quote from: bgmnts on February 02, 2019, 12:16:15 AM
I can't enjoy even food anymore because of the weight.

Not even orgasms.

Not. Even. Orgasms.

How aboot drink

kittens

my sister just gave birth to another baby and this one is a very chunky little girl and i love it

ToneLa

Quote from: kittens on February 02, 2019, 01:13:45 AM
my sister just gave birth to another baby and this one is a very chunky little girl and i love it

<3

White Lion bars and white Twixen. The shops are good. White chocolate is lovely.

And I have a new record player.