Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:56:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Men who wear shorts all year long

Started by biggytitbo, February 01, 2019, 07:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

Quote from: SteveDave on February 04, 2019, 11:03:29 AM
See also people wearing those wee socks so their bare ankles are out in this weather.

They're either hipsters or sport lads. Either way what is point?

You want me to wear shorts with socks over the ankles, and look like a complete mentalist?!

Quote from: Buelligan on February 04, 2019, 11:51:53 AM
I wear those wee sexy socks, there's nothing wrong with them and they also make excellent under thick socks to wear with work or walking boots

Now see the one thing I haven't managed to find is those wee socks but made of thicker material. That would be perfect. No sock manufacturer seems to have grasped that some people want a warm sock even if it doesn't go over their ankles.

Of course I can always wear two pairs. Or sometimes I wear a regular over-ankle sock and fold it down so the top bit goes back over the foot. Unfortunately there's never enough fold-over to right down to the toes though.

Buelligan

Norton Canes

Expect to see me on Dragons Den some time soon.

Sebastian Cobb

Invisible socks are a must if you're wearing shorts and trainers. Especially if you usually wear black socks. It's impossible to pull off shorts and black socks without looking like a goon.

SteveDave

But "invisible" socks in this weather?

In any weather. I've not worn shorts in public since 1994. And I've only done it in private in these past few years.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 04, 2019, 02:15:12 PM
Invisible socks are a must if you're wearing shorts and trainers. Especially if you usually wear black socks. It's impossible to pull off shorts and black socks without looking like a goon.

Good job he went for the white socks then.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: SteveDave on February 04, 2019, 02:54:08 PM
But "invisible" socks in this weather?

In any weather. I've not worn shorts in public since 1994. And I've only done it in private in these past few years.

I'm allowed to wear shorts in this job and cycle to work, so I basically rock them from april until september.

SteveDave

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 04, 2019, 04:16:55 PM
I'm allowed to wear shorts in this job and cycle to work, so I basically rock them from april until september.

You are not a gentleman.