Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:22:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mentioning Comedy Titles Just To See If People Remember Them.

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, February 02, 2019, 02:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

pigamus

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on February 02, 2019, 02:21:06 PM
DAVE THE CARDBOARD BOX !

a mate at college, a proper geezer, he was, from catford... thinking about it, 'dave from catford' or 'catford dave' would've been perfectly acceptable too, but we alternated between this (the jasper carrott) & 'do-what-dave', because his standard surprised-interrogative was 'do what?', & upon being furnished with a satisfactory answer, he would usually respond 'on my life!'

lovely lad. left the course to be trained by BT instead. no idea what happened to him, but now I've come over all nostalgic.
he had a canary yellow triumph spitfire, & in the summer we'd take the top off it, & four of us would go to chislehurst caves of a sunday afternoon.

zomgmouse

ToneLa

Doggy Fizzle Televizzle
Dare to Believe (that was fuckin shite)
Up the Elephant and Round the Castle
Citizen Smith

Sebastian Cobb

Brundle-Fly

The Nesbitts Are Coming
Meet The Magoons
Sink Or Swim
Out Of This World
TLC
Nelson's Column
The Glam Metal Detectives
Romany Jones
Odd Man Out
Life Begins At Forty

ToneLa

Why do I mainly remember shite ones?

Fun at the Funeral Parlour

Captain Crunch

famethrowa

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on February 02, 2019, 11:19:55 PM

The Glam Metal Detectives

Most people seem to shit all over this show, but I feel fond memories because of Colin Corleone, the piss poor spoof commercials, and me and the lady still say " 'APPY 'OUR" in an angry bouncer voice whenever we see mention of a happy hour.

Crabwalk

Quote from: pigamus on February 02, 2019, 04:06:07 PM
It was decent, that. Deserved a second series.

Re. Dead Boss: Sharon Horgan and Aisling Bea have just started shooting a new comedy where they play sisters again. Penned by Bea rather than Horgan and Holly Walsh this time though. Still, better than nothing.

https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2018/04/18/39725/aisling_bea_and_sharon_horgan_to_play_sisters_in_new_comedy

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: petrilTanaka on February 03, 2019, 12:02:33 AM
what's he look like?

thirty five years ago... jeez.... blonde curly hair, suspiciously like it had been coloured & permed, which he vehemently denied. cheeky grin was his default face, which often made him seem slightly pass-agg, though we wouldn't have called it that then. I wish we had pictures. no-one took pictures back then.
I can't remember his surname either. he was just 'dave'.

Chriddof

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on February 02, 2019, 02:21:06 PM
DAVE THE CARDBOARD BOX !

Yes! Possibly the best bit of Carrott's Lib. Didn't actually get to see it until 1994, when UK Gold repeated the lot. Was quite odd at the time to see early 80s topical gags in the context of the Britpoppy mid-90s. A very underrated (and not even really remembered) moment in Rik Mayall and Lise Mayer's careers.

AnOrdinaryBoy