Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 01:21:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mentioning Comedy Titles Just To See If People Remember Them.

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, February 02, 2019, 02:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petril

jobotic

Life Without George.

Can't remember much about it apart from Carol Royle excited the teenage me.

Stressed Eric

Mentioned already but happy to see it mentioned again. I really liked it.

lipsink

Dressing For Breakfast (featured Barry from 'Four Lions')
Life After Birth (was fucking rubbish)

Cuellar

Hello Goodbye
Who IS This?
Freebase Frenzy
The Terds
I Can See You, and Your Family
One Glove Sunday
Frank's Funfair
The John
Hang Me From My Stereo with an Aux Cable
Intel Processors
Muriel Spark's Ideas Notebook
Simon of Athens
Music From Big Dick
The Brittas Empire

ToneLa

Still Game On The Buses

Man, that three way crossover was absolutely mild!

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

How's Your Father ?
The Wackers
Help! (The one set in Liverpool with one of the McGann brothers, not the Whitehouse and Nonce show )

Cuellar

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Pardon My Erection
Don't Drink The Sewage
Annoying Middle Class Cunts
Felchworthy
Little Armadilloes

ToneLa

Quote from: Cuellar on February 04, 2019, 10:54:53 AM
Seriously are people just making these titles up?

Loved Freebase Frenzy back on ITV2 in 2006. Every character representing a different narcotic surely went over the heads of most viewers, though Charlie and Billy were terrific, energetic main characters. And Emma DMA an adorable love interest. Surprised it aired at teatime, tbqh. Especially with the wacky neighbour, Our Sid

Norton Canes

Respectable

The Channel 5 sex worker one with Justin Edwards and Jodi Albert

Still got the DVD

Jockice

Quote from: dontrunyoullfall on February 04, 2019, 07:09:05 AM
The Wolvis Family

Was that the Caitlin Moran one about a teenager who said things that no real teenager has ever said?

Brundle-Fly

S&M
London Irish
Cows
Plaza Patrol
Dead Man Weds
Rosie
All Night Long
In The Red
Babes In The Wood

rasta-spouse

Annually Retentive
Israel Ice
That's the Familiar Crunch
Edward and a Mistake
Millennial Walk : All Day
Something happened at Surbiton Rotary Club and there's no public liability insurance
Ken-Nel
Me, the Higgs-Bozo?
After Henry

kalowski

(Sunnyside Farm)

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on February 04, 2019, 07:18:00 AM
One of our very own top posters ( as in person who posts here, not a big picture of that lady playing tennis and showing her botty ) co-wrote that show, I do believe.
I did, plus contributed to at least two other shows listed in the thread.  I'm not entirely sure what that says about my 'career.'

kidsick5000

We Know Where You Live (very early Channel 5 sketchshow and barely mentioned moment on the cv of Simon Pegg/ Sanjeev Bhaskar/ Fiona Allen/ Amanda Holden)

zomgmouse

the ouch cube

Chalk

Bad Boys (Karl Howman/Freddie Boardley, not Will Smith obv.)

Jumblegraws

The Fitz. BBC2 Sitcom about a big ol' Irish family. It got panned in pretty much all the same ways Mrs Brown's Boys would years later but for some reason wasn't a roaring success and lasted one series of six episodes in the summer of 2000.

BritishHobo

Quote from: Sexton Brackets Drugbust on February 03, 2019, 10:09:31 AM
Roman's Empire

I really loved this when it was on, but I was about fourteen and hadn't really watched much comedy. I remember a lot of people saying it was a shit imitation of Arrested Development, but I'd not watched that back then so had no frame of reference. It's always lurked in the back of my mind as something I found properly, properly funny, so I'm afraid of giving it another look.

My main memory is Chris O'Dowd being a proper punching bag for his wife and nightmare baby, and there being a death in the family to which someone responded by pointing at O'Dowd and screaming 'I WISH IT WAS HIM WHO DIED!' which I found really funny. Also I really liked the theme tune, but I cannot for the life of me even remember now how it sounded.

petril

Quote from: Jumblegraws on February 09, 2019, 06:16:59 PM
The Fitz. BBC2 Sitcom about a big ol' Irish family. It got panned in pretty much all the same ways Mrs Brown's Boys would years later but for some reason wasn't a roaring success and lasted one series of six episodes in the summer of 2000.

conceit was that the house was on the border; cue gag of going between deedly-deedly-drunk-potato and NO SURRENDER voices. to a response of fuck all.