Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:53:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mentioning Comedy Titles Just To See If People Remember Them.

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, February 02, 2019, 02:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Paris - Mid 90s Alexei Sayle vehicle - didn't know (or had forgotten) that this was written by Linehan and Mathews.

City Lights - starring the late Gerard Kelly.

Parents of the Band - Jimmy Nail, Niki Wardley and some other people as parents of teenage band members, or something.

petril

Jockice

Teenage Kicks. That Ade Edmondson thing. There was nothing you could add to it or take from it that would make it any worse, I used to burst into tears every time I watched it, I want the opening lines of it on his gravestone.

And so on.

Phil_A

Mr Charity (2001) starring Stephen Tompkinson. The joke was he played an extremely uncharitable man who is manager of a charity. It was not successful.

High Hopes (2002) Kind of a Welsh Rab C Nesbitt? For some reason every episode of this is up on the iplayer.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Phil_A on February 10, 2019, 09:54:41 AM
High Hopes (2002) Kind of a Welsh Rab C Nesbitt? For some reason every episode of this is up on the iplayer.

Ooh I was just about to mention Satellite City too. Maybe Gareth Gwenlan producing and directing High Hopes has something to do with why it's on iPlayer?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

An Actor's Life For Me, starring John Gordon Sinclair ( not in drag ).

petril

magval

Quote from: Jumblegraws on February 09, 2019, 06:16:59 PM
The Fitz. BBC2 Sitcom about a big ol' Irish family. It got panned in pretty much all the same ways Mrs Brown's Boys would years later but for some reason wasn't a roaring success and lasted one series of six episodes in the summer of 2000.

I watched this and loved it at the time, but I think the gag for young me was just that local people were on the TV. Watched an episode a few years ago and didn't laugh once. Adulthood, eh?

Far as I remember, Bronagh Gallagher from Pulp Fiction's in it. I'm going to see if I can find an episode.

Great thread!

Old Nehamkin

Scammin

Kelly Monteith
Murun Buchstansangur
Buygones (the only watchable part of 'Club X')
Roll Over Beethoven
Dream Stuffing
Hot Metal
Porkpie
Executive Stress
Keep It In The Family
Roland Rat: The Series

rasta-spouse

Chelmsford 123
Colin's Sandwich
Who Dares Wins
El-Bow the Roadman